**Official NCAA College Basketball Thread** | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official NCAA College Basketball Thread**

it's still better than CFB b/c we get to see so many more great matchups during the reg season.

Conf tourneys are meaningless for big teams, they help bubble teams but it doesn't really affect the top teams if they lose.

But the conf tourney pretty much determines the conf champ. Nobody recoginizes the regular season champ as the conf champ. It's whoever wins the tourney. Plus its a fun 3 or 4 days.

OK, let's just agree to disagree. I refuse to argue with someone who says Arizona and Tennessee are Final Four teams :lol: . Arizona is the third best team in their conference, maybe even fourth behind USC. Tennessee, I mean bro, their 2-3 in their conference and just lost by 14 to Ole Miss lol. I gave you Ohio St. (because they are) and I might have given you Kentucky since 3 of their losses were to Memphis, UCLA, and you guys (which means their tested even though they lost those games) and I might have called this recent stretch they had just a tough week but you couldn't even give me that so I'm leaving this alone. Stop looking at the polls and look at the team for once!

I said FF caliber teams, I didn't say they'd make it but they can.

So the 2nd or 3rd best team in a conference cannot go to a FF/ george mason didn't win their crappy conference and thye made the FF.

Have you seen tennessee play? Have you seen Arizona play besides yesterday? have you seen UK play? UK is not a FF caliber team but Arizona and Tennesse have FF talent and definitely can make a run.

But the conf tourney pretty much determines the conf champ. Nobody recoginizes the regular season champ as the conf champ. It's whoever wins the tourney. Plus its a fun 3 or 4 days.

2 years ago carolina was clearly the best team in the ACC, we got picked off in the ACC Tourney but everyone still considered us the best. No one thought SU was the best team in the BE last year even though they won the conf tourney.

So the 2nd or 3rd best team in a conference cannot go to a FF/ george mason didn't win their crappy conference and thye made the FF.

Have you seen tennessee play? Have you seen Arizona play besides yesterday? have you seen UK play? UK is not a FF caliber team but Arizona and Tennesse have FF talent and definitely can make a run.

2 years ago carolina was clearly the best team in the ACC, we got picked off in the ACC Tourney but everyone still considered us the best. No one thought SU was the best team in the BE last year even though they won the conf tourney.

HAhahahahahahahaha Tennessee and Arizona are Final Four calibar teams hahahahahaha. I've watched them all play multiple times and UK, Tennessee, and Arizona will be nowhere near the Final Four. Final Four calibar is Ohio St. UNC, Wisconsin, UCLA, and Florida. Tennessee and Arizona are nowhere near there. Once again though nice try. George Mason was a cinderella. When's the last time a team like George Mason made the Final Four? Seriously I am now totally done with this argument. The question isn't whether or not I've seen them play, the question is whether or not you've seen them play because you saying their Final Four calibar just goes to show you know nothing about what your talking about. I'm letting this go though. Say whatever you want, I'm done with you when you make statements like that. Could Arizona and Tennessee make a run? Maybe. But you pretending like their Final Four calibar is a joke, if they get there, it's because they got hot and lucky, not because their that good. Anyways time to move my focus to Duke vs. BC. We might not be Final Four calibar but I'm rooting my boys on ti'll the cows come home!

Final Four calibar is Ohio St. UNC, Wisconsin, UCLA, and Florida.

Those are elite teams that it will be a disappointment if they don't make a FF, teams like UA and UT are FF caliber. They have the talent, they have played liked a FF team at times this season and have played nothing like a FF team at times but both could make a run.

In case you have never noticed the top seeds don't always make it, knowing you are a duke fan I assumed you knew that since duke is usually a top seed and usually goes out in the Sweet 16.

George Mason was a cinderella. When's the last time a team like George Mason made the Final Four?

Florida was a 3 seed last year, LSU was a 4. In '05 MSU was a 5, UL was a 4. Every year 4. Last year Arizona was an 8 and gave top seeded 'Nova all they could handle and UA is much more talented this year. Last year UT was a 2 seed and they are better this year. To say these teams couldn't make FFs is crazy.

I bet you think duke is FF caliber? UA and UT are better teams than duke.

Yeah Tennessee is more of a Final Four team then Kentucky. Kentucky only beat them by 19 today and 3 of their losses are to teams in the top 10!

Those are elite teams that it will be a disappointment if they don't make a FF, teams like UA and UT are FF caliber. They have the talent, they have played liked a FF team at times this season and have played nothing like a FF team at times but both could make a run.

In case you have never noticed the top seeds don't always make it, knowing you are a duke fan I assumed you knew that since duke is usually a top seed and usually goes out in the Sweet 16.

Florida was a 3 seed last year, LSU was a 4. In '05 MSU was a 5, UL was a 4. Every year 4. Last year Arizona was an 8 and gave top seeded 'Nova all they could handle and UA is much more talented this year. Last year UT was a 2 seed and they are better this year. To say these teams couldn't make FFs is crazy.

I bet you think duke is FF caliber? UA and UT are better teams than duke.

Beats losing to George Mason in the 2nd round!

Yeah Tennessee is more of a Final Four team then Kentucky. Kentucky only beat them by 19 today and 3 of their losses are to teams in the top 10!

Anything can happen in one game. The heels lost to SANTA CLARA 2 years ago and would only lose 3 more en route to the title.

That UK win only helps our non-conf win over UK but I still don't see a FF caliber team when I watch UK.

Beats losing to George Mason in the 2nd round!

it does? We WON THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP them lost 4 lottery picks early and our top 7. To even be in the Tourney was amazing and spanking duke on senior night for the overrated JJ Redick(how is that HOF NBA career going anyway?) was pretty good. Since 1995 duke has not made it past the Sweet 16 in 8 of 12 years and they didn't make the elite 8 as a 1 seed in 2000, 2002, 2005 and 2006. That is pathetic.

By the way, the Heels fell to rock bottm for a couple of years after a shaky transition from Dean to Roy and STILL we have been to more Elite 8s and FFs in the last 12 years.

I don't usually follow NCAA until March madness, but can someone tell me what forwards are expected to enter the NBA draft this year, the top 5 or so. I would really appreciate it.

I don't usually follow NCAA until March madness, but can someone tell me what forwards are expected to enter the NBA draft this year, the top 5 or so. I would really appreciate it.
I don't know all of them, but Al Horford and Cory Brewer from UF are bound to go 1st round.
Horford is 6'10", athletic, can shoot mid-range as well as down low, and is a great rebounder. He reminds me a lot of Horace Grant.
Brewer is 6'9", but moves like a 6'2" G. He's extremely fast and athletic, can shoot anywhere including a great 3 ball. His defense is top notch, shutting down just about any guy he faces. He's one of the most difficult match up's in college. Too fast for the F's and too big for the G's. His main problem in the past was his handle, but that his improved significantly this year.

I don't know all of them, but Al Horford and Cory Brewer from UF are bound to go 1st round.
Horford is 6'10", athletic, can shoot mid-range as well as down low, and is a great rebounder. He reminds me a lot of Horace Grant.
Brewer is 6'9", but moves like a 6'2" G. He's extremely fast and athletic, can shoot anywhere including a great 3 ball. His defense is top notch, shutting down just about any guy he faces. He's one of the most difficult match up's in college. Too fast for the F's and too big for the G's. His main problem in the past was his handle, but that his improved significantly this year.

cool thanks for the info bro. I'll be sure to keep an eye on them.

March can't get here fast enough. This years NCAA regular season has been lackluster to say the least

March can't get here fast enough. This years NCAA regular season has been lackluster to say the least

You are a Syracuse fan and they stink, you are a BE fan and the conf stinks. I can understand why you aren't enjoying the year. My team is great so I am enjoying it, the ACC is down but my team is dominating.

You are a Syracuse fan and they stink, you are a BE fan and the conf stinks. I can understand why you aren't enjoying the year. My team is great so I am enjoying it, the ACC is down but my team is dominating.
Yeah, I'm not bored with my team either :D

The BE being down is helping my team so I'm enjoying the regular season more than usual.

Back
Top Bottom