**Official NCAA College Basketball Thread** | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official NCAA College Basketball Thread**

The best team by far in the ACC heads to Tucson to take on the team K was afraid to schedule, Arizona. This is a huge game for Arizona, they are defending the pride of West Coast basketball today so this will not be an easy game for the young Heels.

The best team by far in the ACC heads to Tucson to take on the team K was afraid to schedule, Arizona. This is a huge game for Arizona, they are defending the pride of West Coast basketball today so this will not be an easy game for the young Heels.

Oh please, don't act like you ladies are world beaters. You beat Ohio St. without Oden), Tennesee (who have 6 losses), Kentucky (not the Kentucky of the past), and play Arizona today (who have 5 losses themselves). On paper that might be nice but in reality, that's average. Now is your non-conference schedule better then Duke's? Yes it is, but let's not act like you guys have played Florida, Wisconsin, UCLA, Kansas!

Oh please, don't act like you ladies are world beaters. You beat Ohio St. without Oden), Tennesee (who have 6 losses), Kentucky (not the Kentucky of the past), and play Arizona today (who have 5 losses themselves). On paper that might be nice but in reality, that's average. Now is your non-conference schedule better then Duke's? Yes it is, but let's not act like you guys have played Florida, Wisconsin, UCLA, Kansas!
43 to 25 at half

what were you saying?

Who has duke beaten?

OSU w/oO den was playing bettert han they have with him. Carolina's non-conf sched blows away duke's. today w/ot maybe our best player and 3 key players we are crushing top 20 Arizona at Tucson at the half. carolina is head and shoulders above duke, not a single duke starter would start at Carolina this year.

Duke fan in the house. I expect this team to be playing it's best ball at the end of the year when the Freshman have more experience and Paulus is back healthy. With that said though I still fully expect Duke to be battling for 2nd in the ACC because it looks like Carilona is head and shoulders above the rest and should run away with the ACC even though it's a tough conference. I just don't think anyone can match Carilona pound for pound and with Duke once again only running 6 or 7 deep again, I expect their lack of depth to be their downfall again!

Unlike you, I tell it like it is!

Coach K 3 National Championships (with lesser talent then Carilona has had)

Dean Smith 2!

hahahhahahahhahahahahhaha thats when you know you got lost when you have to bring up a coach who isnt even coaching the team anymore

Losing what? I never said Carilona wasn't better then Duke, all I did was state that their non-conference schedule wasn't as great as Junc had made it. By the way, if you know anything about Junc and I going at it on the Carilona-Duke rivalry, you would know that the Coach K vs. Dean Smith argument has been at the center of our arguments. Nice try though young'n, who was even talking to you in this convo anyways?

Losing what? I never said Carilona wasn't better then Duke, all I did was state that their non-conference schedule wasn't as great as Junc had made it. By the way, if you know anything about Junc and I going at it on the Carilona-Duke rivalry, you would know that the Coach K vs. Dean Smith argument has been at the center of our arguments. Nice try though young'n, who was even talking to you in this convo anyways?
losing the argument about this season, north carolin has had a way harder non-conference than duke......and what i cant talk??? ok dad, should i go to my room and think about what i said?

losing the argument about this season......and what i cant talk??? ok dad

Wait I'm losing an argument about this season when I said in my first post in this thread that Carilona is head shoulders above the rest of the ACC this year? All I did was state that while UNC's non-conference schedule is better then Duke's, let's not act as if no one has ever taken on that kind of schedule before!

Beat Tennesee who has lost to Lousiana Layafette, Auburn, and Ole Miss

Beat Ohio St. without Greg Oden (as good as Hansborough is, he's not putting up 21 and 14 with Oden on him)

Beat Kentucky who is on the downside and has lost to their last 2 games to Vanderbilt and Georgia

and Beat Arizona today who is top 25 calibar so I won't dis their record.

That is a solid non-conference schedule on paper I will give you that but as someone who follows College B-ball from November to April, aside from Ohio St. none of those teams will compete to go all the way!

Unlike you, I tell it like it is!

Coach K 3 National Championships (with lesser talent then Carilona has had)

Dean Smith 2!

Dean spent half his career where only 1 team made the Tourney from each conference and he wasn't handed a title b/c of biased officiating like rat face was in 2001.

Carolina's non-conf sched, as usual, has been MUCH tougher than duke.

Beat Tennesee who has lost to Lousiana Layafette, Auburn, and Ole Miss
When did UT lose to la-Lafayette? They have 6 losses- butler, UNC, Vandy, OSU, Auburn and Ole Miss. Not a bad team on that list and they have beaten memphis, Texas and Oklahoma State.

Beat Ohio St. without Greg Oden (as good as Hansborough is, he's not putting up 21 and 14 with Oden on him)

OSU was playing BETTER w/o Oden and they kept that game clsoe b/c of amazing 3 point shooting, w/ Oden they wouldn't have shot as many 3's and we have FOUR qualioty big men to attack Oden.

Beat Kentucky who is on the downside and has lost to their last 2 games to Vanderbilt and Georgia

UK was ranked until this week.

and Beat Arizona today who is top 25 calibar so I won't dis their record.

abusing Arizona at Tucson w/o 3 of our key players.

That is a solid non-conference schedule on paper I will give you that but as someone who follows College B-ball from November to April, aside from Ohio St. none of those teams will compete to go all the way!

How many top teams do you want them to play? duke's only ranked win was over Air Force. They haven't played 1 FF caliber team yet this year.

The regular season in college hoops means nothing.

Conference tourney still means something

Big Dance means more

Everything else is just filler for most of the "big name teams" these days.

The regular season in college hoops means nothing.

Conference tourney still means something

Big Dance means more

Everything else is just filler for most of the "big name teams" these days.

it's still better than CFB b/c we get to see so many more great matchups during the reg season.

Conf tourneys are meaningless for big teams, they help bubble teams but it doesn't really affect the top teams if they lose.

Dean spent half his career where only 1 team made the Tourney from each conference and he wasn't handed a title b/c of biased officiating like rat face was in 2001.

Carolina's non-conf sched, as usual, has been MUCH tougher than duke.

When did UT lose to la-Lafayette? They have 6 losses- butler, UNC, Vandy, OSU, Auburn and Ole Miss. Not a bad team on that list and they have beaten memphis, Texas and Oklahoma State.

OSU was playing BETTER w/o Oden and they kept that game clsoe b/c of amazing 3 point shooting, w/ Oden they wouldn't have shot as many 3's and we have FOUR qualioty big men to attack Oden.

UK was ranked until this week.

abusing Arizona at Tucson w/o 3 of our key players.

How many top teams do you want them to play? duke's only ranked win was over Air Force. They haven't played 1 FF caliber team yet this year.

Your problem is your taking this argument into a Duke-Carilona argument which it isn't. What I'm stating is simple, Carilona's non-conference schedule is not as good as your making it out to be. ON PAPER, it looks great but at the end of the day, a lot of the teams that might have looked good in the pre-season aren't, that's why pre-season polls are worthless. The first poll shouldn't come out until before conference play because before that it's all guesses. If you want to say Kentucky was ranked until a week ago then Duke has played Georgetown when they were ranked, Gonzaga when they were ranked, Marquette when they were ranked, and Indiana's ranked now, Air Force is too. Does that mean Duke has beaten that many teams that actually deserved those rankings, hell no. What your looking at is the quality of the name of the teams jersey Carilona has played and their ranking. Me, I look at a team in terms of what talent a team has, and if they actually have a chance to win their conference and a National Championship. Aside from Ohio St., who have you guys seen that are that good? That's my point. My point isn't that Duke has seen better ( because they haven't and my point has nothing to do with Duke), it's that let's no tout Carilona's non-conference schedule like they took on the world. Although I agree 100 percent that when you beat the third best team in the Pac 10 at their place like you guys did today your one of the top 5 teams in the country (and were before the win), all I'm arguing is that Carilona's non-conference schedule is more sexy then it is good. And sorry JUNC, you can spin it anyway you want but if Ohio St. had the Oden they have right now, I don't think you guys would have beaten them. They wouldn't have blown you out or anything because you guys are one of the ELITE but I think they would have won because I think Oden would have stabilized Hansborough!

With all that said I will go back to my original thought about Carilona and that is that their going to win the ACC and their a National Champions favorite along with a few other teams. Their one of the top 5 threats for the National Title along with Ohio St, Wisconsin, Florida, and UCLA (in no particular order). I think every team after them (Texas A&M, Duke, Oregon, Kansas, Pitt and whoever else) might have nice records that indicate on paper they are capable of winning it all, but in reality those teams will be exposed by the top tier teams if everything was to go right when they played and we were talking strictly on talent. When it comes to the top 5 teams I mentioned, those teams SHOULD (and probably will) be there in the Elite 8 (all 5 can't got to the Final Four and 1 or 2 will be upset by a lesser talented team) with a chance to play for the Final Four. Anything less is a disappointing season. The rest of the teams in the top 25 with good records, they'll be hit or miss come tournament time, which means they might get hot and do some damage in the tourny or they might be out in the 2nd round. If those teams make it to the Final Four they over-achieveed, if they lose in the 2nd round or sweet 16 that's what was expected of them so no big deal. See I don't hate Carilona so much I'm blinded to say their not one of the best teams in the country. CARILONA IS THE BEST TEAM IN THE ACC AND A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDER, it's just their non-conference schedule appears sexier then it really is!

Your problem is your taking this argument into a Duke-Carilona argument which it isn't. What I'm stating is simple, Carilona's non-conference schedule is not as good as your making it out to be

show me a tougher one among the top teams.

Aside from Ohio St., who have you guys seen that are that good?

Tennessee and Arizona, all FF caliber teams. Duke has not faced 1 FF caliber team and I'd love to see which of the top teams has faced a tougher sched.

you can spin it anyway you want but if Ohio St. had the Oden they have right now, I don't think you guys would have beaten them.

we absolutely could. We have waves of big men to run at Oden and Carolina is playing ALOT better now than it was a few mos ago. When the Heels bringt heir A game I am not sure anyone can beat them.

By the way, I don't remember making a big deal out of their non-conf sched until you brought it up. regardless of that it is one of the toughest of any top team.

show me a tougher one among the top teams.

Tennessee and Arizona, all FF caliber teams. Duke has not faced 1 FF caliber team and I'd love to see which of the top teams has faced a tougher sched.

we absolutely could. We have waves of big men to run at Oden and Carolina is playing ALOT better now than it was a few mos ago. When the Heels bringt heir A game I am not sure anyone can beat them.

By the way, I don't remember making a big deal out of their non-conf sched until you brought it up. regardless of that it is one of the toughest of any top team.

OK, let's just agree to disagree. I refuse to argue with someone who says Arizona and Tennessee are Final Four teams :lol: . Arizona is the third best team in their conference, maybe even fourth behind USC. Tennessee, I mean bro, their 2-3 in their conference and just lost by 14 to Ole Miss lol. I gave you Ohio St. (because they are) and I might have given you Kentucky since 3 of their losses were to Memphis, UCLA, and you guys (which means their tested even though they lost those games) and I might have called this recent stretch they had just a tough week but you couldn't even give me that so I'm leaving this alone. Stop looking at the polls and look at the team for once!

Back
Top Bottom