**Official NCAA College Basketball Thread** | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official NCAA College Basketball Thread**

nyjunc said:
The annual ACC/Big 10 (no)Challenge began last night w/ NC State beating Michigan 74-67.

So far it hasn't been much of a challenge for the ACC. The Big Ten has been down the past few years. After an ok season last year, it looks like the ACC is the best conference in college basketball again.

Guys Uconn won't win the title this year.. But our team is young ala UNC and next year they will be ready to go next year assuming nobody goes pro early, steals a bunch of laptops, or generally decides that winning the title is not important.

The Air Force Falcons are 7-1 and whupped Wake Forrest last night....they are gonna surprise a lot of people.

The ACC is alternating good and bad wins, yesterday FSU beat Florida and Maryland lost to Notre Dame.

nyjunc said:
The ACC is alternating good and bad wins, yesterday FSU beat Florida and Maryland lost to Notre Dame.

Same in the Big East

Saturday DePaul beats Kansas. Then Syracuse loses to Wichita St.

This looks to be a down year in the Big East. A lot of very young teams.

MikeO said:
Same in the Big East

Saturday DePaul beats Kansas. Then Syracuse loses to Wichita St.

This looks to be a down year in the Big East. A lot of very young teams.

Do you think pitt is as good as their ranking? I am not impressed at all by them but, they are beating creampuffs but struggling to do so.

Louisville vs. Arizona tonight at 9:30.

U of L freshman Derrick Caracter premiers tonight. It should be interesting.

nyjunc said:
Do you think pitt is as good as their ranking? I am not impressed at all by them but, they are beating creampuffs but struggling to do so.

They might be the best team in the conference though. I think they are rated correctly.

I think Marquette is for real. I think Syracuse with 3 seniors if they get their act together could be for real. And G'Town could be for real.

This is a conference with a lot of young team and players though that is about a year away from being really really good.

MikeO said:
They might be the best team in the conference though. I think they are rated correctly.

I think Marquette is for real. I think Syracuse with 3 seniors if they get their act together could be for real. And G'Town could be for real.

This is a conference with a lot of young team and players though that is about a year away from being really really good.

Pitt always struggles in the Tourney and this year they have played a cake schedule and struggled against it. I will never believe Pitt is for real untl they make a an elite 8 or FF.

Syracuse had their 2nd test last nigth and failed again. They are great against creampuffs but once they play a halfway decent team they lose. They have a great class coming in next year, they are a year or 2 away from being a serious threat.

Marquette lost to North Dakota State.

I don't expect the BE to ever go through a decade long malaise like they did from the late 80s to the late 90s so they will definitely be back w/in a year or 2 but this year it's been a big struggle so far.

Louisville vs. Arizona tonight at 9:30.

U of L freshman Derrick Caracter premiers tonight. It should be interesting.

Arizona won, caracter barely played and was 3 of 8 from the field finishing w/ 6 pts.

dorsaroll156 said:
Kansas Jayhawks all the way:woot:

They need to work on getting out of the 1st rd before they worry about going all the way:D

LouPhinFan said:
So far it hasn't been much of a challenge for the ACC. The Big Ten has been down the past few years. After an ok season last year, it looks like the ACC is the best conference in college basketball again.

Big Ten wasn't down last year...they put like 6 teams in the tournament. This year's a different story though. They'll be lucky to get 3 teams in, the way the mid-majors are playing. How bout Witchita State and Butler...WOW

MarinoEqualsGod said:
Big Ten wasn't down last year...they put like 6 teams in the tournament. This year's a different story though. They'll be lucky to get 3 teams in, the way the mid-majors are playing. How bout Witchita State and Butler...WOW

2 years ago they sent 3 to the elite 8 and 2 to the FF. carolina had to win the Big ten to win the Nat'l Title:D

Pitt struggles again against Buffalo winning by 3 and they stay at #2 while 1 loss teams that have played tough scheds and beaten top teams are behind them. Thankfully this isn't CFB and they determine a Champ on the court.

Back
Top Bottom