Official Patriot love affair disgust!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Patriot love affair disgust!!!!

Cali Finfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
As a fan of the prevailing AFC East Champions it really gets to me that I see all of the pundents and even people on the site, get on the Patriots band wagon as being the top teir team with the Steelers in the AFC.

The Steelers I can understand because they are the prevailing superball champions.

The Patriots on the other hand have a QB coming back from serious knee injury. I know this is Tom Brady but no matter how good you are a bad injury should shed doubt on your next season. Look at Carson Palmer. He came back and was not the same. When you have the inability to move freely you will take more punishment as a qb, then you start to hurt other things like your shoulders. Just like Palmer. Bradys offensive line will not be as good this year, therefore brady will spend a lot of time on the turf with most likely JP or JT on top of him! He is going to have a rough year this year.

I see the patriots as a 8 to 9 win team this year and the dolphins as a 10-11 win team this year. I could very well be wrong but that is what I see happening. So until the Patriots are winning our division I will not jump on their bandwagon.

As a fan of the prevailing AFC East Champions it really gets to me that I see all of the pundents and even people on the site, get on the Patriots band wagon as being the top teir team with the Steelers in the AFC.

The Steelers I can understand because they are the prevailing superball champions.

The Patriots on the other hand have a QB coming back from serious knee injury. I know this is Tom Brady but no matter how good you are a bad injury should shed doubt on your next season. Look at Carson Palmer. He came back and was not the same. When you have the inability to move freely you will take more punishment as a qb, then you start to hurt other things like your shoulders. Just like Palmer. Bradys offensive line will not be as good this year, therefore brady will spend a lot of time on the turf with most likely JP or JT on top of him! He is going to have a rough year this year.

I see the patriots as a 8 to 9 win team this year and the dolphins as a 10-11 win team this year. I could very well be wrong but that is what I see happening. So until the Patriots are winning our division I will not jump on their bandwagon.

I totally agree!!!! I watch the NFL Network and ESPN and everyone is gushing about how Tom Brady is back so automatically everyone says the Pats ae going to go 13-3. Then they have to say that Miami had a very easy schedrule last year, but now we have a first place schedule so we are going to suck. It gets really old. Hopefully the team will use these slights as motivation to show that last year was not a fluke. I see it as a two horse race between the Pats and Phins......I think 11-5 could win the division once again. I watched most of the Pat's games last year, and I actually thought Cassel did a great job especially in the 2nd game against us.....I really don't think Brady could have done more than what Cassel did.

Everyone is saying Moss and Welker are going to be better now that Brady is back. I just don't see it. Their O-line has looked like swiss cheese at times, althought they still have Light. Their D-line has always been good with guys like Wilfork...but Vrabel is now gone, so is Harrison, and Bruschi is ready for the retirement home. I hope New England gets ****y again and then Ronny Brown can destroy them like he did the first game we played them last year. :up:

Plus, I don't see what Brady can do that Cassel didn't .. It's not like Cassel had an absolutely ****ty year, he did great with them.. don't know why people act like Brady being back will take them to the Superbowl

So if the Pats are leading the division your gonna jump on there bandwagon? I'll assume that's not how you meant that. Well to comment on your post, the thing I don't get is why everyone talks about our schedule but fails to mention that the Pats have almost the identical schedule as us this year. So it's no easy road for them either. Even if Brady is back to 100% I think the rest of his team is a year older and beginning to recede. Maybe not this year but the East is gonna be dominated by the Phins for years to come with the foundation the trifecta is building. I see this team looking the same way the Pats looked a few years ago when they started there run. Even down to an under hyped Michigan QB and of course the Parcells connection.

I find it amusing as hell when i read how "experts" rank the pats in the top 3. I love it, i will encourage it, because it will be that much more satisfying when they fall on there face.

What have the patriots done in the last half decade since they won a ring? Got caught for cheating, choked twice in the postseason, and couldnt make it back to the playoffs after losing the superbowl.

I can understand why people jump on the Steelers wagon, as theyve won 2 superbowls(with 2 different coaches no less) during that same time period. Let the Pats glow in the attention for now, it will taste that much better once they fail.

Who cares at this point. The season is right around the corner, and the Dolphins will have the opportunity to end Tom Brady's Patriots reign of terror, if that happens we can mail their ***** to ESPN and show them why they should respect us.

Dididn't they get crowned the Superbowl champs and perfect season team in 2007? These sports writers/announcers need to remember they looked like idiots when that didn't happen.

The truth you guys don't want to see is that the dolphins got lucky last year, and the Patriots even without Brady were the better team. They tied them and god knows why Miami got the division but Baltimore quickly showed the fins were out of their league. There is no way the Patriots lose that playoff game as bad as Miami did. The dolphins will be even better this year, but there is no reason to dismiss the pedigree of NE, or delude onesself that last years success was legit, because it wasn't. When Miami went 1-15 they lost alot of games by 3 points or less and were considered garbage when we all know they were not that bad. Last year they won those games against alot of weak teams and now fans cry about respect. Put it into perspective, and you won't be laying up at night crying about another pro New England article.

So if the Pats are leading the division your gonna jump on there bandwagon? I'll assume that's not how you meant that. Well to comment on your post, the thing I don't get is why everyone talks about our schedule but fails to mention that the Pats have almost the identical schedule as us this year. So it's no easy road for them either. Even if Brady is back to 100% I think the rest of his team is a year older and beginning to recede. Maybe not this year but the East is gonna be dominated by the Phins for years to come with the foundation the trifecta is building. I see this team looking the same way the Pats looked a few years ago when they started there run. Even down to an under hyped Michigan QB and of course the Parcells connection.

I don't mean that I would jump on there bandwagon and root for them because I would not ever do that. But rather I would concede that they are the team to beat.....

The truth you guys don't want to see is that the dolphins got lucky last year, and the Patriots even without Brady were the better team. They tied them and god knows why Miami got the division but Baltimore quickly showed the fins were out of their league. There is no way the Patriots lose that playoff game as bad as Miami did. The dolphins will be even better this year, but there is no reason to dismiss the pedigree of NE, or delude onesself that last years success was legit, because it wasn't. When Miami went 1-15 they lost alot of games by 3 points or less and were considered garbage when we all know they were not that bad. Last year they won those games against alot of weak teams and now fans cry about respect. Put it into perspective, and you won't be laying up at night crying about another pro New England article.

wrong, we didn't tie them. there are no ties in the final standings. that's what tie-breakers are for.

I dislike the Patriots with intensity but after 3 Super Bowl victories and within an inch of 4 (thanks David Tyree), Tom Brady is one of the greatest QBs of all time.
While other QBs may have superior arm strength, pocket presence and accuracy, Brady's judgement and intensity to win have helped made him dominant. Belichick has also stacked the deck by recruiting experienced WRs like Randy Moss and Wes Welker to play to Brady's strengths.
Coming back after a serious injury is difficult but the pundits who are in love with New England chances are probably banking on Tom Brady's returning to 2007 form. My hunch is that their defense is not what it used to be. They will miss Vrabel and Rodney Harrison and Tedy Bruschi is not what he used to be.

I watch ESPN because there is no competition for them. All the former lineman on that channel who seem eager to pick the Patriots at every chance do so because they worry about credibility. In reality, they know no more than we do in forecasting what will play out. The only thing that really bugs me is Chris Berman's incredible hatred towards Miami......

It's better when you don't let these things get to you. A couple of points;
-The Patriots, like it or not, have been consistantly good over the past decade.
Since 2000;
+3X Superbowl titles
+4 AFC Titles
+6 AFC East Titles
That's pretty good, isn't it?
What would you say if the Dolphins put up these kind of numbers and the Patriots put up;
+0 Superbowl Titles
+2 AFC East Titles
Those are our numbers over the same period.

Come on. You all know you would be saying ; Look what we've done! No respect! They suck! blah blah blah. You know you would so don't lie to yourself. You are making yourselves look silly. The Pats have been dominant in the 2000s, and there is no reason to believe they won't continue to be so until they prove otherwise.

Yeah yeah yeah....I know, I know...What you did last year before last doesn't matter....I mean...It's not like we hold our NFL record winning % up as any great shakes....Right?

You are definitely a Rats fan, go back to the Rats forum, where you will be appreciated!!! I think the Rats are overrated and the Dolphins ARE the AFC EAST CHAMPS!!!! We are the team to beat in my opinion!!!

Back
Top Bottom