Official Patriot love affair disgust!!!! | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Patriot love affair disgust!!!!

One thing I find funny is that it seems everyone that leaves NE for a new job, falls flat on their face....Josh McDaniels will not have a job after this season. Book it!

You things its special that the guys you cut will get signed by someone else???

We cut Eric Green...who the first rd. bust Troy Williamson made look like his whipping boy! He had another job in 7 hours....it's the way the NFL works, nothing special for the Pats.

One thing I find funny is that it seems everyone that leaves NE for a new job, falls flat on their face....Josh McDaniels will not have a job after this season. Book it!

You things its special that the guys you cut will get signed by someone else???

We cut Eric Green...who the first rd. bust Troy Williamson made look like his whipping boy! He had another job in 7 hours....it's the way the NFL works, nothing special for the Pats.

Sure, many guys are picked up. Many are soon released, especially at this point. Each signing is simply a tryout. In a couple weeks, those that get picked up off waivers is signed to the 53 man roster. Teams get a lot pickier at that point.

The Pats cuts end up on NFL rosters for the most part, not practice squads. I expect most of the players caught in the last wave of cuts to end up on rosters around the NFL.

3. Bess = Welker is kinda laughable at this point. Maybe someday, but definitely not now. Welker is the slot machine!

I have been reading through your posts searching for something to pick at, but you seem to pretty much know what you are talking about. This is the only thing I disagree with. Welker at this point in time may be better than 2nd year Bess, but laughable?? Bess doesn't catch passes from Tom Brady! Put Welker on the Dolphins, and Bess on the Pats with your pass happy offense, and it would be another story. Wes is very talented, don't get me wrong, but Brady makes Welker LOOK better. Take that to the bank. Bess has all of the potential of Welker and then some. I, for one, don't believe Pennington is in the Top 10 NFL Qbs. He is a God compared to what us dolphin fans are used to, but he isn't near as good as Tom Brady. You should keep that in mind when you are rating your receivers, Brady/Peyton Manning could make me look like a great receiver.

n btw I am not a new guy, I changed my username because it was about Zach Thomas. :lol:

I have been reading through your posts searching for something to pick at, but you seem to pretty much know what you are talking about. This is the only thing I disagree with. Welker at this point in time may be better than 2nd year Bess, but laughable?? Bess doesn't catch passes from Tom Brady! Put Welker on the Dolphins, and Bess on the Pats with your pass happy offense, and it would be another story. Wes is very talented, don't get me wrong, but Brady makes Welker LOOK better. Take that to the bank. Bess has all of the potential of Welker and then some. I, for one, don't believe Pennington is in the Top 10 NFL Qbs. He is a God compared to what us dolphin fans are used to, but he isn't near as good as Tom Brady. You should keep that in mind when you are rating your receivers, Brady/Peyton Manning could make me look like a great receiver.

n btw I am not a new guy, I changed my username because it was about Zach Thomas. :lol:

What were Welkers stats his last season in MIA as the slot rcvr? 65 rec? With who throwing to him?

Not saying Bess isn't the real deal. haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion, but how would he have done that season, with those forgettable qb's getting him the ball?

What were Welkers stats his last season in MIA as the slot rcvr? 65 rec? With who throwing to him?

Not saying Bess isn't the real deal. haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion, but how would he have done that season, with those forgettable qb's getting him the ball?

There is no sure way to tell, it would be a matter of opinion. Calling those qb's forgettable is mighty kind of you & a huge understatement, but I feel as though Bess has all of the intangibles that Wes has, possibly more. Only time will tell. The debate is basically a matter of opinion, I just wanted to throw mine out there. To say that Bess = Welker is laughable IMO isn't a valid statement. Like I said, only time will answer this question.

There is no sure way to tell, it would be a matter of opinion. Calling those qb's forgettable is mighty kind of you & a huge understatement, but I feel as though Bess has all of the intangibles that Wes has, possibly more. Only time will tell. The debate is basically a matter of opinion, I just wanted to throw mine out there. To say that Bess = Welker is laughable IMO isn't a valid statement. Like I said, only time will answer this question.

Fair enough, Howard. Laughable was a bit much. I know Bess came on strong after Camarillo went down, last year. I do know he was excellent at Hawaii as well, and he certainly has a ton of potential. I agree, time will tell.

Sure, many guys are picked up. Many are soon released, especially at this point. Each signing is simply a tryout. In a couple weeks, those that get picked up off waivers is signed to the 53 man roster. Teams get a lot pickier at that point.

The Pats cuts end up on NFL rosters for the most part, not practice squads. I expect most of the players caught in the last wave of cuts to end up on rosters around the NFL.

Just a quick reminder of players cut and picked up by other teams... Over the last few years how many dolphin players were cut and picked up by the patriots??? Quite a few, so that argument is not really valid... I think any player cut in the NFL whether it be the UNBELEIVABLE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD THE PATRIOTS CUT PLAYERS (note the sarcasim) has a legitmate shot to be picked up by any team and even contribute. That is not something that the patriots do more then any other team... That is just the NFL.
In regards the the patriots coach's being picked up by other teams... Their success rate speaks for itself... They are a product of the entire system put forth by bellichek... That is why they are not successful... All that argument poves is bellichek is good at his job not the coaching staff... Even with the cheating crap that has gone on in New England you cannot deny that Bellichek is a good coach, which makes the cheating more disgusting because he did not need to do it to win all he did was bring shame to the team and himself...

I think the Pats do have a lot of questions though as I said yesterday. Most of them are on defense. Does Bruschi still have anything left? Are they going to get a pass rush now that Vrabel is gone? How will the secondary play without Harrison and Hobbs?

Talent wise, I think the Pats are better offensively no question. Adding Joey Galloway and Fred Taylor doesn't hurt.

Brady being hurt last year did hurt the Pats a little (though Cassel was great), but let's remember if we would've beated the Jets if Crocker and Goodman could cover early in the year, and we lost to the Texans in the last seconds of the game. We went 11-5 could've easily gone 13-3.

Pats have a ton of questions on defense. I personally think their D is going to suck. the key to beating the pats is to put pressure on Brady. Their oline is far from perfect and can be exposed. When pressured Brady (like any qb) will make mistakes. Their D is not good enough to make up for those mistakes. We can sweep the pats this year if we bring our A game.

Aquanator said:
Pats have a ton of questions on defense. I personally think their D is going to suck.

What questions? Why do you think they are going to suck?

Aquanator said:
the key to beating the pats is to put pressure on Brady. Their oline is far from perfect and can be exposed. When pressured Brady (like any qb) will make mistakes.

Lol, did you come up with that game plan yourself? You must be an ESPN Insider!

Aquanator said:
Their D is not good enough to make up for those mistakes.

The D was bad in Pass Coverage and on 3rd down last year. They were, however, still good enough to be 10th overall in yards allowed, 8th in points per game, and 4th in the AFC. I'd say, if the offense is anywhere near what it should be, the D should be just fine, this year.

Aquanator said:
We can sweep the pats this year if we bring our A game.

What if, on any given Sunday, both teams bring their A game?

Gee it looks like my idea that Brady will be getting hit more this year and will get banged up, might actually have some validity to it since he already has a sore shoulder....

brady is going to be a crash test dummy this year, especially since his "old buddy" jt is back in the division

Back
Top Bottom