Official Patriot love affair disgust!!!! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Patriot love affair disgust!!!!

Hehe, please refresh my memory since i don't recall "being" put in my place." I have argued 3 main things since i have been here....

1. M.Roth was our best LB last year.
2. C.Wake is not going to be the instant beast everyone thinks.
3. Respect threads are for losers.

So far I am 3 for 3, but please feel free to debate me if you like. I am surprised that someone that thinks so negatively about the way I post would care so much. Even more surprising is that I don't remember you at all.... you must have been making a hell of an arguement.

People might not like my posts, or the way I write and that is fine. But I will continue to bring my own kind of value to this forum, so I guess i will be seeing you. PS - I did like that no offence killer part, made me laugh.

done and done. i haven't debated anything with you yet - i've just read your debates with others. probably why you don't remember me. as far as your 3 arguments go - hard to say that roth was better than porter last year - they both had different roles and played them well but 17.5 sacks speaks for itself. argument 2 is absolutely correct - and it's not much of an argument. the third one is just an opinion - so i wouldn't even know where to begin.

i see us having some fun in the future.

Cool bro, I'll look forward to it. Hopefully we will agree more in the future then in the past. I must admit that lately I have allowed myself to get mired in pointless arguements, where "drivel" may be an accurate assessment. Missing football and wading through the valueless posts of July obviously got the better of me. As for Roth vs. Porter, maybe I will start a new thread and we can go at it there.

Cool bro, I'll look forward to it. Hopefully we will agree more in the future then in the past. I must admit that lately I have allowed myself to get mired in pointless arguements, where "drivel" may be an accurate assessment. Missing football and wading through the valueless posts of July obviously got the better of me. As for Roth vs. Porter, maybe I will start a new thread and we can go at it there.

Dude again you slam the post and don't respond to me... I am curious why that is... I guess I should quit beating on the dead horse because you don't respond...

Cali Finfan,

I didn't respond because there is nothing left to say. I don't like threads that either.....

i) cry that Miami gets no respect.
ii) cry that NE get to much respect.

The first reeks of self loathing, the other of jealousy. Take the why out of the equation and look at the facts. Miami is 1 year removed from 1-15. NE is a proven winner and the masses know who they are. Consistency is the most valuable skill to be coveted in all aspects of life, as well as football.

Cali Finfan,

I didn't respond because there is nothing left to say. I don't like threads that either.....

i) cry that Miami gets no respect.
ii) cry that NE get to much respect.

The first reeks of self loathing, the other of jealousy. Take the why out of the equation and look at the facts. Miami is 1 year removed from 1-15. NE is a proven winner and the masses know who they are. Consistency is the most valuable skill to be coveted in all aspects of life, as well as football.

Finally a response. I was beginning to think you were dodging me:boohoo:. Now again you are bringing respect into this. First, The post had nothing to do with respect... Rather not understanding the love affair in regards to this season... Which I am more than prepared to back up with football and not "self loathing and jealousy" blather. But you have not engaged my in that type of talk. I will fully respect your side of the conversation if you back it up.

Now lets talk football, which by the way is what I want to do and not listent to you complain about not liking the post. (If you don't like it you should have never responded). You are right Miami is 1 year removed from 1-15. But they went to 11-5 to which you have said was luck. Anyone that has history playing, coaching and even watching football knows that that how hard that type of turn around is, let alone win what 9 of the last 10. That almost never happens, even in pop warner. The patriots and them shared essentially the same schedule, split their series and ended up with the same record, with miami entering the playoffs because of the divisional record. Their schedules are very similar this year as well. Do you really think Brady makes the Patriots that much better? Especially coming back from injury. Everyone thought Daunte Culpepper was going to do well to (granted his injury was worse). Miami potentially has a better defense, better offensive line, and better running backs. That is a big part of the game. The Patriots have a better qb and a better number one receiver. Our qaurterback is not slouch and other then moss i will venture out and say our receiving corp is better. I use the word potential because you can never truly know what will happen during the season.

Don't kid yourself this is the NFL all of the masses know every team in it. This league is not a league of the past rather then a league of the future. So you really can't hide behind consistency all that much. Last year there were many teams better then the Patriots but they are favored to win. Which again makes me have to question the love affair because it cannot be backed that well by football means.

As a fan of the prevailing AFC East Champions it really gets to me that I see all of the pundents and even people on the site, get on the Patriots band wagon as being the top teir team with the Steelers in the AFC.

The Steelers I can understand because they are the prevailing superball champions.

The Patriots on the other hand have a QB coming back from serious knee injury. I know this is Tom Brady but no matter how good you are a bad injury should shed doubt on your next season. Look at Carson Palmer. He came back and was not the same. When you have the inability to move freely you will take more punishment as a qb, then you start to hurt other things like your shoulders. Just like Palmer. Bradys offensive line will not be as good this year, therefore brady will spend a lot of time on the turf with most likely JP or JT on top of him! He is going to have a rough year this year.

I see the patriots as a 8 to 9 win team this year and the dolphins as a 10-11 win team this year. I could very well be wrong but that is what I see happening. So until the Patriots are winning our division I will not jump on their bandwagon.

Every highlight I see of Brady in practice shows he is not the guy he once was on that leg. Not saying he cannot still be great but dude will have some worries no doubt.

I find it funny this Brady rule comes out now months after the meetings. They are trying to protect their most prized money maker for the NFl---> Tom Brady.

To me it wont matter cus I think the fin defense will be so strong that he just will not be able to do what he used to.

The truth you guys don't want to see is that the dolphins got lucky last year, and the Patriots even without Brady were the better team. They tied them and god knows why Miami got the division but Baltimore quickly showed the fins were out of their league. There is no way the Patriots lose that playoff game as bad as Miami did. The dolphins will be even better this year, but there is no reason to dismiss the pedigree of NE, or delude onesself that last years success was legit, because it wasn't. When Miami went 1-15 they lost alot of games by 3 points or less and were considered garbage when we all know they were not that bad. Last year they won those games against alot of weak teams and now fans cry about respect. Put it into perspective, and you won't be laying up at night crying about another pro New England article.

What a load of crap! How were the Dolphins lucky? How were the Pat's unlucky? Each team played pretty much the same schedule (and they spilt their season games against each other). You do realize that Cassel posted up pretty much the same numbers that Brady has posted every year he has played except one.

ESPN is the Favre/Lebron James/Tom Brady/Yankees channel. That's all they talk about because most of their reporters are horribly biased.

If there's one thing I hate more than anything else, it's ignorance. To say Miami won the divison by luck is a very ignorant thing to say. Luck exists in sports, but not for the entire season. For an example, the QB attempts to pass the ball to the WR, but the CB catches it and then drops it. That's luck.

The Bills collapse wasn't even a collapse. They were a decent team that had little momentum beating on bad teams. The Jets collapse was because of Favre's injury, turnovers, and bad coaching. The Patriots lost players to injury including Tom Brady, but they still went 11-5. These things have nothing to do with luck. Coaching cost the Bills and Jets, while the Patriots had the injury bug in 2008. Miami had the injury bug in 2007, but that's no excuse.

Then people say, "you used a gimmick offense in every game to beat teams." Wrong again! If you look at the stats, our base offense was far more used and produced far more yards. Pennington threw for over 3,653 yards in 2008. In the Wildcat, he was never included, except for that flea flicker in the Texans game. So in our base offense, Pennington had a great year.

This why the Dolphins won the divison in 2008:
1.) Chad Pennington- Without him, we would have not won 11 games. The offense was built for a smart accurate player like himself.

2.) An underrated passing game that made big plays. The WR's corp did lack TD's, but we were 10th in the league in passing. We were better than 22 other teams in the league in passing.

3.) Low Turnovers- Miami broke the record with the lowest turnovers ever in NFL history. We did not shoot ourselves in the foot.

4.) A bend, but don't break D- Miami's D was push around a lot last year, but once a team got to the endzone, the Fins played elite D and prevented the TD.

5.) Joey Porter- Best LB in the AFC with 17.5 sacks. He made big plays all year long.

6.) Wildcat- Eventhough we only used it 10% of the time, it made teams prepare for it and they kind of ignored our base offense. It's a distraction. Teams think we are going to do it, but then we use the base offense and run over them or torch them.

7.) Tom Brady- With Brady, the team would have probably gone 12-4 and won the divison. However, an injury is no excuse. Injuries happen all the time in sports, that's why teams have depth to back the starters up. Cassel played just as good as Brady. So really that No Brady excuse dosen't make sense. Well Miami had an injured O-line and WR's in against the Ravens in the playoffs, which is why we had 5 turnovers. I guess we are excused as well.

8.) Solid Running Game- Nothing spectacular, but very solid. We dominated T.O.P. most of the time and we ran out the clock a lot. Ronnie had a pro bowl season and Ricky helped. Cobbs was also impressive.

As you can see, Miami's rival fans are just making excuses. It's like me saying the Pats went 18-1 only becuase all they did was pass the ball in the spread offense. Miami won the divison in 2008 fair and square, so we deserve a little respect. The Media and blind homers are ignorant. Let's look forward to 2009 and stop whining about respect. We'll earn it if we make it to the playoffs again.

Every team does have variables. But, the Pats have fewer. After Wilfork, the Pats have Brace - someone most of us would have loved to welcome to Miami.

Disagree. Brace hasn't proven a thing.
The Dolphins are a younger team and I believe a deeper team (will be proven during the regular season).
The Pats O-line is a blue collar group, but by no means dominant. They can be exploited. Miami's will be better
Their running backs are injury prone.
They are strong at WR
D line is aging (when was the last time Seymour played a full season) and Wilfork takes games off (Satele DOMINATED him in game 1). Their depth is another question mark.
LB's are a big question mark. Mayo is an up and comer, but Bruschi's best days are behind him, Adalius Thomas hasn't come close to being what they expected and the loss of Vrabel's leadership will be missed.
Their secondary was horrible last yr so they went out and tried a quick fix with some FA's (Bodden and Springs) who are both over rated. Their safeties are just average.
And lastly, Brady is coming off a major knee injury with no proven backup.
In summary, I actually think the Phins could withstand a few injuries more than the Pats can. BP and Ireland have built this team for the long haul and have focused on both lines.

Disagree. Brace hasn't proven a thing.
The Dolphins are a younger team and I believe a deeper team (will be proven during the regular season).
The Pats O-line is a blue collar group, but by no means dominant. They can be exploited. Miami's will be better
Their running backs are injury prone.
They are strong at WR
D line is aging (when was the last time Seymour played a full season) and Wilfork takes games off (Satele DOMINATED him in game 1). Their depth is another question mark.
LB's are a big question mark. Mayo is an up and comer, but Bruschi's best days are behind him, Adalius Thomas hasn't come close to being what they expected and the loss of Vrabel's leadership will be missed.
Their secondary was horrible last yr so they went out and tried a quick fix with some FA's (Bodden and Springs) who are both over rated. Their safeties are just average.
And lastly, Brady is coming off a major knee injury with no proven backup.
In summary, I actually think the Phins could withstand a few injuries more than the Pats can. BP and Ireland have built this team for the long haul and have focused on both lines.

lol at you. everything is a downer for the patriots and improving for miami

Come on guys. Your on a fishes board. They're all pissed because the national media isnt giving them any respect for last year.
This is a sad but true fact. However it doesn't change the fact that jlfin's assessment is full of crap.
One only has to look at the Patriots roster to understand that the DBs are by far superior to last season.
The LBs are younger and faster and most likely only Mao and Thomas will return as starters this season. Who will be the other starters is still developing as it should be at this point.
The D-Line. Now lets see Warren, Seymour, Wolfork, Green, Wright, Smith, Brace, and Pryor. Most of them would be starters on many teams in the NFL.
There really isn't much point in listing the O also. Any one here can look it over and realise just how solid they are this season.

This is a sad but true fact. However it doesn't change the fact that jlfin's assessment is full of crap.
One only has to look at the Patriots roster to understand that the DBs are by far superior to last season.
The LBs are younger and faster and most likely only Mao and Thomas will return as starters this season. Who will be the other starters is still developing as it should be at this point.
The D-Line. Now lets see Warren, Seymour, Wolfork, Green, Wright, Smith, Brace, and Pryor. Most of them would be starters on many teams in the NFL.
There really isn't much point in listing the O also. Any one here can look it over and realise just how solid they are this season.

Looks to me that your analysis is pretty much full of crap. I do think you have the wrong website... If you want a Patriot Love Fest go to a Patriot site... I hate to give you bad news but this year the patriots are overrated...

Looks to me that your analysis is pretty much full of crap. I do think you have the wrong website... If you want a Patriot Love Fest go to a Patriot site... I hate to give you bad news but this year the patriots are overrated...

Could you expand on why you believe this?

Back
Top Bottom