Official Patriot love affair disgust!!!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Patriot love affair disgust!!!!

I don't expect anyone to discredit the Patriots any more than I expect Dolphins fans to defend them when it happens. A Dolphins fan should hate the Pats with every fiber of their being. God forbid anybody say anything offensive towards the media darlings, whether they deserve it or not, whether accurate or not, they are still the Patriots and I don't see any reason to stick up for them from a Dolphins fan perspective. Some people take this non-homer stuff too far really. I'll take a homer over your type any day.

I guess the above statement was a figment of my imagination.

Well there are already four pages to this thread, so I will jsut add my two cents.

I personally think that us winning the division was not luck or a fluke. I think we finally got the right personal in the front office and on the coaching staff to have a good team. I will admit that I certianly didnt expect to win the division, but it was a welcomed surprise. I personally thought the Phins were at least a year or two out from making the playoffs with the current staff. But they pulled it off in the first year, so that give me a ton of hope and pride in our team that we can only get better from here. The fact that the staff seems to be confident with the strategy of bringing in younger players to ensure furture runs at the playoffs should be enough for any fan to have faith in the team.

As for the Patriots, other have pointed out the fact that their defense and o-line may not be as good as it has been in years past. But we shall see. You can't deny with Brady back it does give them a much better shot at winning the divison again. But until they do we are still the team to beat. And again I have complete faith in our coaching staff to say they can, and HAVE, put together a team that is capable of dealing with the Pats.

WOW! You consider the Pats quality football??? Wow, with the flag football QB position and OL holding at will. Brilliant. I must admit that part had eluded me. And I always thought the good old Dolphins way back played REAL QUALITY FOOTBALL. Thanks for the illumination.

Your very welcome.

I guess the above statement was a figment of my imagination.

No it wasn't, and I meant every word. But I can see you are confused.

I hate the Patriots very much as a football fan. I don't hate other human beings for being fans of my football teams rival, especially not family. Although they do tend to irritate me often, especially when they kick our ***.

Barff! Go away with the Pats slime and chesse -- you can admire the cheating BS all you want to but go telling the rest of us to use our "brain" when we've obviously figured something out that perhaps your love for the pats misses? They are PROVEN slime cheating frauds amped on HGH and secret films... I mean DUH, use the brain...

what's wrong with you man? You need a hug or something? Who's admiring the pats...im just stating facts of what they have accomplished to put them in the drivers seat, if you can't see that they are a very good ballclub for years now then you must not watch the games and instead just look at the pretty pictures on the helmets...PS if you open up the spongebob pop up book im sure you'll find tons of pretty colors in there!

sad really when you can't acknowledge a teams accomplishment without some homer tearing you down for saying yea they be good....

No it wasn't, and I meant every word. But I can see you are confused.

I hate the Patriots very much as a football fan. I don't hate other human beings for being fans of my football teams rival, especially not family. Although they do tend to irritate me often, especially when they kick our ***.

No confusion here, just taking your words at face value.

see if you did that then you would be the typical you know what...that's right pats fan.

growing up in Ma I went to tons of pats fins games and when you get bottled at for wearing a Marino jers at the age of 12 you don't forget how stupid fans can be. that is why for me as a fins fan am proud to say that I almost never see nor hear of these acts going on with fins fans. well I guess im sure there are a couple homers lurking around the corner ready to throw some curses or even a bottle or two your way at your children.

I in no way support physically attacking opposing fans unless they are absolutely asking for it, that is over the top. However, verbal abuse is great. I wish Dolphins fans were more hostile, then maybe we wouldn't have opposing fans taking over our stadium every week.

No confusion here, just taking your words at face value.

Well then you clearly misinterpreted what I said bud. I said Dolphins fans should hate the Patriots (football team) with every fiber of their being - not the Patriots fans. Although i'll admit i'm much less likely to befriend someone wearing a Pats jersey, but I am a human being before I am a football fan.

I in no way support physically attacking opposing fans unless they are absolutely asking for it, that is over the top. However, verbal abuse is great. I wish Dolphins fans were more hostile, then maybe we wouldn't have opposing fans taking over our stadium every week.

Maybe if MIA fans actually went to the games it might help. Being here in KS, I see two to three times a year the Chiefs play. And they in bad times still sell out their stadium...and in weather that is sometimes absolutely terrible.

BTW the worst I've seen at a pro game as for fan dislike of each other...was DEN vs OAK. Went to some games in the 90s in DEN and those fans on both sides didn't matter who was around, they HATED each other.

verbal abuse is great? really? we have apposing teams take over the stadium on sundays because we don't fill the seats its natural.

but you wouldn't mind some drunken fins fans screaming at your kid telling them to get the **** out and go home...or harras them every waking moment during a game...please. im sorry on the flip if I saw a fin fan or not treating an individual opposing side harshly then they would receive cold bud to the side of the head, call me old fashion but humanity comes before football. grow up son....and if you are at adult hood already I feel sorry for you.

I just flipped over to SportsCenter and what were they talking about, you guessed - Tom Brady's birthday. Spent a five minute segment with Matt Light asking what do you get Brady as a present. I agree this is getting totally ridiculous.

verbal abuse is great? really? we have apposing teams take over the stadium on sundays because we don't fill the seats its natural.

but you wouldn't mind some drunken fins fans screaming at your kid telling them to get the **** out and go home...or harras them every waking moment during a game...please. im sorry on the flip if I saw a fin fan or not treating an individual opposing side harshly then they would receive cold bud to the side of the head, call me old fashion but humanity comes before football. grow up son....and if you are at adult hood already I feel sorry for you.

An away game is no environment for a child. I'd feel bad for a kid in that situation and would stick up for them regardless of team support but I would most certainly question the parents parenting skills and common sense for putting a child in a situation where you should know it has the potential to get ugly.

Humanity does come before football, but at a football game the lines begin to blur, people get drunk, rowdy, the adrenaline is flowing, and that's great. There's not much better place for them to do it. If you can't handle the heat stay out of the fire.

I just flipped over to SportsCenter and what were they talking about, you guessed - Tom Brady's birthday. Spent a five minute segment with Matt Light asking what do you get Brady as a present. I agree this is getting totally ridiculous.

it is silly, that goes with out question..especially when you get reports like that, but what do you expect Brady back after season ending injury is practicing and that's the center of attention. Favre is outta the light for now, who else they gonna talk about?
This maybe sports channel and is there for us to be informed about sports in general and they are more than ready to give it to us, BUT don't be silly enough to think that they won't air or do a segment/interview of a bigger rating draw...its all about money folks, not that hard to figure out, espn like many other sports news coverages is all about business first and sports second, remember that.

An away game is no environment for a child. I'd feel bad for a kid in that situation and would stick up for them regardless of team support but I would most certainly question the parents parenting skills and common sense for putting a child in a situation where you should know it has the potential to get ugly.

Humanity does come before football, but at a football game the lines begin to blur, people get drunk, rowdy, the adrenaline is flowing, and that's great. There's not much better place for them to do it. If you can't handle the heat stay out of the fire.
of course people should be pumped and people should def be some words exchange but there is a line to be crossed child or adult, its not as much of if you can't handle the heat stay out of the fire as much as its people in general are stupid and should have been tought how to carry ones self in a public enivornment. I've been to some great games and met some great pats fans..they gave some **** but it was all good fun and everyone knew it. BuT there are those..and usually more of them than anything else depending on which sports venue you go will take chanting Fins sucks to a new level of crazy.

any way that's a diff story lets stay on subject...I understand your argument though.

The regular season really can't come fast enough. Is it just me, or does it seem like everyone is at the other's throat here lately? Let's save some of the angst for the opposing team this year guys.

Back
Top Bottom