Official Patriot love affair disgust!!!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Patriot love affair disgust!!!!

I'll give the Pats the benefit of the doubt based on history, but they are no sure thing either. There are some serious questions on their defense, and they lack depth (as we do). They could be like last year's Saints, all offense but cant get off the field on defense, or they could return to old form. It will be interesting.

Well you are wrong and Goon is right, I am a Dolphin fan, but I am also a football fan. I respect good teams and players, and see no reason to bash a franchise because they are succesful. Nor do I wish to delude myself into thinking the (my) Miami Dolphins are better then they are. I will admit that I am not a fan of cry baby posts/posters, and since I can be a jerk at times I will sometimes call them out. There are so many threads in this forum full of value. If I am guilty of anything it is not showing my support for the good ones.

You were right about one thing, and that is that "I'm a big boy", so don't think your address to me was the least bit bothersome. I would like to thank Goon however for sticking up for me. Even though it wasn't needed it was appreciated. Thank-you.

Reading the stuff that you have been saying on this post, I understand fully why someone would call you out as a patriots fan.... With that said I don't feel that this post was "crybaby" rather then trying to point some things out. Many people took it further then I did, which was the whole point of the post to see what other peoples perspective's are... EVEN yours, you are entitled to your opinions... and YES the patriots have been the dynasty for the last eight years... But in truth how long do Dynastys last. Most of them have the three to five years they are serious superball contenders, which the Pats have had, then another three to five years of competitive football, which the Pats have had, then they tend to fall from grace. Time is running out on the Patriots. Sorry but that is true. INJURY's and AGE are going to catch up with them and my bet is that it will really show this year. Sorry that is my opinion not necessarily a "crybaby" post as you put it. So if you don't consider the post qaulity or worth anything please don't feel the need to respond... If it was in fact something you felt the need to respond then it must not have that bad of post...

Well you are wrong and Goon is right, I am a Dolphin fan, but I am also a football fan. I respect good teams and players, and see no reason to bash a franchise because they are succesful. Nor do I wish to delude myself into thinking the (my) Miami Dolphins are better then they are. I will admit that I am not a fan of cry baby posts/posters, and since I can be a jerk at times I will sometimes call them out. There are so many threads in this forum full of value. If I am guilty of anything it is not showing my support for the good ones.

You were right about one thing, and that is that "I'm a big boy", so don't think your address to me was the least bit bothersome. I would like to thank Goon however for sticking up for me. Even though it wasn't needed it was appreciated. Thank-you.

Just call 'em as I sees 'em.

I get lots of flack on this site as being a Pat's/Jets fan in disguise. I will say it still irritates me, but not as much as it used to. I give a glance to the age of the poster, and I usually get a chuckle because I've been a Dolphin fan longer than they have been alive.

There are member of this board that I talk dolphins football to that would go zooming over the heads of most posters that are 30 or so, because they lack the perspective of the old days before teh intrawebz wuz seerus bizness and everyone had E-Peen. Not saying the older days were better, but you didn't have Google. You had to have stats off the top of your head because you argued face to face.

When I was the age of some of these posters I was out doing things that weren't illegal that could involve loss of life or limb...and that you didn't tell mom about...Now, they are posting from the family computer, or mom's basement at 26 between jobs that require a plastic nametag.

what's wrong with you man? You need a hug or something? Who's admiring the pats...im just stating facts of what they have accomplished to put them in the drivers seat, if you can't see that they are a very good ballclub for years now then you must not watch the games and instead just look at the pretty pictures on the helmets...PS if you open up the spongebob pop up book im sure you'll find tons of pretty colors in there!

sad really when you can't acknowledge a teams accomplishment without some homer tearing you down for saying yea they be good....

Yo einstein, you just contradicted yourself in you own post – as in “admiring” and “I’m just stating facts of what they [Pats] have accomplished. But I seriously doubt you get it. In addition, whose “facts” are you talking about? The cheating, tuck rule, HGH facts -- or the secret closet Patise facts?

As far as spongebob etc I’ll leave such elevated intellectual concepts up to you Patsie fans who obviously suffer from gender confusion.

:hi5:

Wow, so unlike many football fans around the country from other teams (Colts, Steelers, Jets, Cowboys to name a few) who consistently see favoritism in the Pats direction (i.e., crucial calls, non-calls, scheduling, stealing signals from other teams, fudging injury lists, blatant HGH offenses and etc.) you actually respect them? Just so you know -- the trophies don’t prove there wasn’t some crap going on. And it only takes a few “breaks” in the crucial time (i.e., the tuck rule absolute BS) of a game to ensure most victories or defeats in the NFL. And I stand by what I said, after watching pro football for many years – I never saw one team consistently get obvious breaks as the Pats over the past years. Bottom line, call it what you want...

Evidently you missed quite a few of the Steelers and colts games the past few years/ Steelers - Colts AFCCG ring any bells? The refs tried oh so hard to give the game to the colts, yet failed. How about the SEA vs PIT SB? Notice any bad calls in that game, the majority to the steelers benefit?

The moral of the story is good teams DO get more calls. Call it human nature. Refs expect teams that have a history of clean execution and winning to not make the mistakes losing teams do.

If not for that, the Fins run wouldn't even be a memory at this point. Old school fans all knew Shula ran the rules committee and got ALL the calls for nearly 20yrs.

I get lots of flack on this site as being a Pat's/Jets fan in disguise. I will say it still irritates me, but not as much as it used to. I give a glance to the age of the poster, and I usually get a chuckle because I've been a Dolphin fan longer than they have been alive.

I was 9 years old in 1984 when I watched Miami lose to the 49'rs. I cried and cried, called J.Montana satan and blamed the refs for calling back the pick for a TD. I probably hated San Fran and Joe for another 10 years untill I started hating J.Kelly and Buffalo more. But playing football, and now getting older and watching the game, has seriously tempered my singular love for the Dolphins, and has expanded it for a love for football.

This idea of respect, especially when it isn't warranted is deffinatly a trait of a teenager. The reason these threads bother me is not only do they stray from reality, but they create the mentality of statis quo. Truth becomes lost amongst posturing and blind loyalty, and I would rather be called a Pats fan then be on the band wagon of the ignorent.

I was 9 years old in 1984 when I watched Miami lose to the 49'rs. I cried and cried, called J.Montana satan and blamed the refs for calling back the pick for a TD. I probably hated San Fran and Joe for another 10 years untill I started hating J.Kelly and Buffalo more. But playing football, and now getting older and watching the game, has seriously tempered my singular love for the Dolphins, and has expanded it for a love for football.

This idea of respect, especially when it isn't warranted is deffinatly a trait of a teenager. The reason these threads bother me is not only do they stray from reality, but they create the mentality of statis quo. Truth becomes lost amongst posturing and blind loyalty, and I would rather be called a Pats fan then be on the band wagon of the ignorent.

You comment how over the course of your life you learned to respect the game and that is how you are able to say the Pats are good. In the post I never once just harped about how the Pats are losers and did not deserve anything that have won. I do not beleive I once "strayed from reality" rather then express opinions as to why the pats should not be expected to be the cream of the crop this year. There are many teams ahead of them and the Dolphins are one of those teams...

It is not ingnorance, when I am expressing my belief and giving some reasons why I think so. I am sorry people question you as a finfan, because you have the right to not set yourself up for the disappointment and stick with the status quo of all and say the pats are the team to beat... It is ok...

Do the patriot still have weapons? Absolutely! Are they well coached? Absolutely! Are they as good as they have been in the past? Probably Not! Do the dolphins have weapons? Absolutely! Are the dolphins well coached? Absolutely! Are they as good as they have been in the past? They are better! So I beleive that the dolphins are on the verge of something great and unfortunately for the Pats they are on the downhill slope.

Welcome to my world. I have to admit...I enjoy being Satan...

Finheaven exists and thrives on people not afraid to rub against the grain. Some of us do that skillfully. Others.......Not so much.

Bottom line; Finheaven has THE best posters...THE best comments and lounge section...THE best sense of community.....

You can't beat it. Don't even try.

When you go agasint the grain by nature (I think I get that about you. I may be wrong, but, I doubt it.) You're looking for a fight.

You've come to the right place. :lol:

You know.......I have mad respect for many Pats players...Steve Grogan...Mosi Tatupu....Pat Harlow.....

I know most teens and tweens and 30 somethings that live in the basement at mom's and pay "Rent" will google the names and become insta-experts....Even as a Dolphin fan, I hated opposing players, but, you had to give it up. I mean, if they are just better, you have to.

*Shrug*

*Meh*....It's late and I'm hammered. Carry on with Ted Ginn's 1500 yard season, etc.

Finheaven exists and thrives on people not afraid to rub against the grain. Some of us do that skillfully. Others.......Not so much.

It would seem I fit the description as not so much, as every post I make draws criticism from the majority. I personally don't like being satan, but i like to be right, and although I have drawn scorn I have yet to see an arguement that was anything but ramble. I understand the passion, and i understand the loyalty. I even understand the useless posturing because I was 20 once, but don't think I won't call people out on it. If anything people like GoonBoss and possibly me add value and credability to what without him would be nothing more them a dolphin love orgy.

It would seem I fit the description as not so much, as every post I make draws criticism from the majority. I personally don't like being satan, but i like to be right, and although I have drawn scorn I have yet to see an arguement that was anything but ramble. I understand the passion, and i understand the loyalty. I even understand the useless posturing because I was 20 once, but don't think I won't call people out on it. If anything people like GoonBoss and possibly me add value and credability to what without him would be nothing more them a dolphin love orgy.

Dude, you are only six years older then me... I am not quite sure that makes you the old man with wisdom to share. Now, I know that some people have a greater maturity then others but again you are not that old. Most of your arguments have essentially been ramble and closed minded statements as has a lot of the ones against you...

But again you have the right to voice that... Props to you for looking at the other side and sticking with you guns to express it... Try not to age too fast...

no offense killer, but i've read a bunch of your posts 'calling people out' and they were pure drivel. i've seen you get put in your place in the main forum more than once ramblin man. and sometimes i've seen you do it - not to be right - but just to argue for argument's sake. not saying it's happening in this particular thread - but your negativity is intense for even my standards. if you need someone who you think is on par with your intellectual satisfaction, i'll be more than happy to oblige from now on.

as far as the patriots go - while i hated and continue to hate them - i respected them up to the point when they got caught cheating. to be hands down the best team in football and still pull a fugging stunt like that is unforgivable. not only did that cost us wins (remember those 2nd half comebacks?), but also was a slap in the face to the rest of the league and football in general. how much coverage did a guy who was out for the season get last season? and how much has he already got? (caught that birthday segment too DK - fugg.) how any dolphin fan can stick up for that **** is mind bottling.

no offense killer, but i've read a bunch of your posts 'calling people out' and they were pure drivel. i've seen you get put in your place in the main forum more than once ramblin man. and sometimes i've seen you do it - not to be right - but just to argue for argument's sake. not saying it's happening in this particular thread - but your negativity is intense for even my standards. if you need someone who you think is on par with your intellectual satisfaction, i'll be more than happy to oblige from now on.

Hehe, please refresh my memory since i don't recall "being" put in my place." I have argued 3 main things since i have been here....

1. M.Roth was our best LB last year.
2. C.Wake is not going to be the instant beast everyone thinks.
3. Respect threads are for losers.

So far I am 3 for 3, but please feel free to debate me if you like. I am surprised that someone that thinks so negatively about the way I post would care so much. Even more surprising is that I don't remember you at all.... you must have been making a hell of an arguement.

People might not like my posts, or the way I write and that is fine. But I will continue to bring my own kind of value to this forum, so I guess i will be seeing you. PS - I did like that no offence killer part, made me laugh.

Hehe, please refresh my memory since i don't recall "being" put in my place." I have argued 3 main things since i have been here....

So far I am 3 for 3, but please feel free to debate me if you like. I am surprised that someone that thinks so negatively about the way I post would care so much. Even more surprising is that I don't remember you at all.... you must have been making a hell of an arguement.

People might not like my posts, or the way I write and that is fine. But I will continue to bring my own kind of value to this forum, so I guess i will be seeing you. PS - I did like that no offence killer part, made me laugh.
Is there an M. Roth I'm unaware of?

THREE for THREE huh... Maybe in your own mind.... Lets see maybe one for three. I would not venture out and say that Roth was our best linebacker... He was very serviceable and made a better then expected transition from DE to OLB but he has a long way to go to be our best... I will fully agree with you that C. Wake will not contribute all that much at first. He is essentially a rookie and will take time to develop... As for your third point, that is one of multiple times you have insulted this post i put up but you have never responded to me when I have engaged and quoted you.

I did not make this a respect post... It was a questioning of the love affair with the patriots and I gave my opinions why I felt that should not be the case. I was not blinded by my team and let utter nonsense come from my mouth. If that were the case I would put in my post the dolphins are going to be undefeated and win a superbowl this year and intercept Brady 12 times this year and that the pundents should recognize this. Not say they are a 10-11 win team. You have pretty much held the idea of respect in your responses in that you ascertain that the patriots have earned respect and we have not and that experts as well everyone else should recognize that... Therefore you keep bringing respect into the post, That with age you have become wise and RESPECTFUL of the game and not blinded by your teams shortcomings.

So keep telling yourself you are three for three because I am sure you are the only one that honestly believes that dribble...

Back
Top Bottom