Official Patriot love affair disgust!!!! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Patriot love affair disgust!!!!

Read through all the posts you will find the answers to why I think that... I am not going to repeat it again... There many through the entire section, that you can read, NOT just from me... If looking back in the post is too hard read Cblast09's post on this page and my post before that and they will sum it up for you...

As a fan of the prevailing AFC East Champions it really gets to me that I see all of the pundents and even people on the site, get on the Patriots band wagon as being the top teir team with the Steelers in the AFC.

The Steelers I can understand because they are the prevailing superball champions.

The Patriots on the other hand have a QB coming back from serious knee injury. I know this is Tom Brady but no matter how good you are a bad injury should shed doubt on your next season. Look at Carson Palmer. He came back and was not the same. When you have the inability to move freely you will take more punishment as a qb, then you start to hurt other things like your shoulders. Just like Palmer. Bradys offensive line will not be as good this year, therefore brady will spend a lot of time on the turf with most likely JP or JT on top of him! He is going to have a rough year this year.

I see the patriots as a 8 to 9 win team this year and the dolphins as a 10-11 win team this year. I could very well be wrong but that is what I see happening. So until the Patriots are winning our division I will not jump on their bandwagon.
As much as I hate to say it, they are a top tier team up there with the Steelers

Read through all the posts you will find the answers to why I think that... I am not going to repeat it again... There many through the entire section, that you can read, NOT just from me... If looking back in the post is too hard read Cblast09's post on this page and my post before that and they will sum it up for you...

But, Cblast09 doesn't have any posts on this page. What's a dumb old boy like me to do, mista?

Actually, I went back and read your posts. Stuff like, "Time is running out on the Patriots. Sorry but that is true. INJURY's and AGE are going to catch up with them and my bet is that it will really show this year. Sorry that is my opinion," and "So I beleive that the dolphins are on the verge of something great and unfortunately for the Pats they are on the downhill slope."

You know, some people believe jeebus will give them everlasting life. Doesn't make it true.

I guess I could say again, could you expand on why you believe this? You know, other than bets and beliefs?

You know what, nevermind. We can just wait for the season to start because the dolphins are on the verge of something great and unfortunately for the Pats they are on the downhill slope.

Actually, I went back and read your posts. Stuff like, "Time is running out on the Patriots. Sorry but that is true. INJURY's and AGE are going to catch up with them and my bet is that it will really show this year. Sorry that is my opinion," and "So I beleive that the dolphins are on the verge of something great and unfortunately for the Pats they are on the downhill slope."

You know, some people believe jeebus will give them everlasting life. Doesn't make it true.

I guess I could say again, could you expand on why you believe this? You know, other than bets and beliefs?

You know what, nevermind. We can just wait for the season to start because the dolphins are on the verge of something great and unfortunately for the Pats they are on the downhill slope.

On the flip side, just because someone refuses to believe something does not make it untrue. On a football message board, most arguments are based on bets and beliefs. You can tell me the reasons why the Pats are going undefeated, and I can tell you why they are not, but no one is going to prove it either way. I am sure a lot of people could haven given you many valid reasons why the Dolphins, Falcons ,and Ravens were going to miss the playoffs, but they would have been proven to be false. I am not saying that it is unreasonable to ask for something other than someone's belief, but any "Facts" or "Proof" is not likely to mean much more.

I understand that, New Guy. But when somebody says that a
perennial contender is on a downward spiral and will win 8 or 9 games, I would just like to know their reasoning behind it, is all.

You know, I love those commercials that get played towards the end of the season. The ones with guys on couches making preseason predictions that ended up being way off. We all do it. I just wouldn't bet the farm on a wish that isn't based on anything.

You know with you being a Patriots fan and me being a Dolphins fan we are not going to agree on this point, no matter what I point out. With that being said in the posts I did give reasons why... Again, I will point out couple keys on positions... First, RB I am sorry we have better talent at RB not much of a question... QB I know you have Tom golden boy Brady but we have Chad Pennington who is a good QB as well... He does not have the arm strength of Brady but is more accurate and they are both very good under pressure and both will win games on their own. They are both probably in the top five of the league.. But at this point in time more uncrertianty surrounds Brady... He is coming back from injury and from what I saw his long ball was affected... Both downfield attempts were grossly underthrown, one leading to interception and one being bailed out by a pass interference call... He did not push off with his legs... With that said in no way do I feel he can't overcome that... First preseason game doesn't really show much... But if that indicates that knee is still bothering him, it really does spell trouble for him... At receiver outside of Moss it is really a push... Bess and welker are the same type of player and both will put up similar numbers... Galloway is one dimensional and will be taken out of many games...Ginn is showing promise and we have two rookies that look like contributers. The defense, the patriots D is aging but Belechick knows how to adjust and Miami's defense is looking better then last year...

You cannot hide behind perenial contenders because because how many years were you perenial losers in this league. The Patiots love fest is nausiating because they did not even make the playoffs last year and before you jump and say the dolphins did not belong I will point out that they did what was needed to be done to get into the playoffs and belonged there over the patriots. As did many other teams last year. So what makes the Patriots better then last year to be a superbowl pick... Not much sorry. Pundits are just taking the safe pick when the patriots did not do anything last year to deserve it... NOW, I have said several times that those are opinions and that the season will show for sure...

1. In 2008 the Patriots were the #6 rushing team in the NFL. The Dolphins, with all of their extra talent, were #11.

2. Outside of a Dolphins fan forum, you would have trouble fining some putting Chad in the top 10 QBs, let alone top 5. The bomb that got picked off was terribly underthrown, I'll give you that. He didn't step into it, and it was a little disheartening. But the other one, with the PI, was perfect. Moss was still in stride and even with the blatant armbar, he still got his free hand on the ball.

3. Bess = Welker is kinda laughable at this point. Maybe someday, but definitely not now. Welker is the slot machine!

4. The Pats defense has gotten younger each of the past two years. Mayo and Guyton should start inside. Wilhite, Wheatly, Bodden, Sanders, Meriweather...

5. I would not say the Dolphins didn't belong last year. They deserved everything they got.. accolades, playoff berth. And you're right, the Pats didn't deserve it last year, either. Their 3rd down and Pass D were terrible. It's not about last year, though. It's about this year.... and I agree that the season will show for sure... 'cause all of that, it's just like my opinion on a message board, man. It ain't for serious, yo.

Saying the Pats are going downhill is a rediculous, but don't count Miami out. They can win the divison too. Miami is on the rise, the Pats are kind of the same. They are still great with a additions to their D. Will they be the best? I don't know. Talk is cheap, I can't wait for the season!!!!

Also, did I do something wrong for posting something long? It's supposed a free board, is there a limit on how long the post can be? I was simply trying to state the reasons why Miami won the AFC EAST in 2008.

1. In 2008 the Patriots were the #6 rushing team in the NFL. The Dolphins, with all of their extra talent, were #11.

2. Outside of a Dolphins fan forum, you would have trouble fining some putting Chad in the top 10 QBs, let alone top 5. The bomb that got picked off was terribly underthrown, I'll give you that. He didn't step into it, and it was a little disheartening. But the other one, with the PI, was perfect. Moss was still in stride and even with the blatant armbar, he still got his free hand on the ball.

3. Bess = Welker is kinda laughable at this point. Maybe someday, but definitely not now. Welker is the slot machine!

4. The Pats defense has gotten younger each of the past two years. Mayo and Guyton should start inside. Wilhite, Wheatly, Bodden, Sanders, Meriweather...

5. I would not say the Dolphins didn't belong last year. They deserved everything they got.. accolades, playoff berth. And you're right, the Pats didn't deserve it last year, either. Their 3rd down and Pass D were terrible. It's not about last year, though. It's about this year.... and I agree that the season will show for sure... 'cause all of that, it's just like my opinion on a message board, man. It ain't for serious, yo.
1.) Yes that's true, but you had a superior O-Line last year. The line made holes for your RB's, our line did not. We had more success when we didn't go up the middle.

2.) Chad is a top 10 QB, but not in Brady's or Manning's class. Brady is back, but I don't think he'll instantly come back as himself. He'll be a little sloppy for the first couple of games.

3.) Bess is definiteley on his way to being Welker. By next year, Bess will probably be as good as Welker or even better. I assume you don't really know much about Bess, just from what you hear from the forums here.

4.) Yes they are younger, but they are still a ? just like Miami's D.

5.) I agree.

Come on guys. Your on a fishes board. They're all pissed because the national media isnt giving them any respect for last year.

What a joke. I live in crap climate of NE and the Johnnie come lately "fans" up here are so ignorant they think their cheating team with a flag QB is actually the way football should be played. No Patsie fan will admit the OBVIOUS quid pro quo extended to your sleaze nose picking booger eating owner, let alone the whole 911 "Patriot" connection BS including the tuck rule, legalized holding for Tommy boy, HGH, and the whole barf of your classless team -- led by the wife cheating, game cheating, film scammer, injury report fraud artist, weirdo hobbit Belichick.

Your team is universally despised (NOT RESPECTED) around the country because real sports fans don’t like frauds and obvious scams. Deal with it – that’s your REAL LEGACY and it isn’t going to change outside of the little tiny provincial dog piss spot you call “New England.”

Have a nice day.

:lol:

What a joke. I live in crap climate of NE and the Johnnie come lately "fans" up here are so ignorant they think their cheating team with a flag QB is actually the way football should be played. No Patsie fan will admit the OBVIOUS quid pro quo extended to your sleaze nose picking booger eating owner, let alone the whole 911 "Patriot" connection BS including the tuck rule, legalized holding for Tommy boy, HGH, and the whole barf of your classless team -- led by the wife cheating, game cheating, film scammer, injury report fraud artist, weirdo hobbit Belichick.

Your team is universally despised (NOT RESPECTED) around the country because real sports fans don’t like frauds and obvious scams. Deal with it – that’s your REAL LEGACY and it isn’t going to change outside of the little tiny provincial dog piss spot you call “New England.”

Have a nice day.

:lol:

Good post in a thread about how the Pats get too much respect. The coaching staff and front office get raided every year, don't they? Wouldn't that be a sign of respect from the rest of the NFL? Unless, you were talking about respect from fans of other teams. We all know how that can be.

Good post in a thread about how the Pats get too much respect. The coaching staff and front office get raided every year, don't they? Wouldn't that be a sign of respect from the rest of the NFL? Unless, you were talking about respect from fans of other teams. We all know how that can be.

It's also amazing how everybody they cut in the next two weeks will be picked up by other teams.

Bring on the hate. It's the surest sign of respect out there.

Back
Top Bottom