Official UFC/MMA Thread..Spoiler Alert.. | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official UFC/MMA Thread..Spoiler Alert..

Machida got a gift from the judges. I actually wanted him to win. Although technically Shogun won, i'm glad they didn't give it to him. He tried to point his way to victory through leg and body kicks.

Something came up so that I couldn't see the fight.

On paper, this set up as the best fight in UFC history - in terms of the talent of both fighters. From what I'm reading, Shogun is officially back.

I'm glad to hear that there will be a rematch. I don't expect the next fight to reach the score cards.

Something came up so that I couldn't see the fight.

On paper, this set up as the best fight in UFC history - in terms of the talent of both fighters. From what I'm reading, Shogun is officially back.

I'm glad to hear that there will be a rematch. I don't expect the next fight to reach the score cards.

Unfortunately it turned out to be a leg/body kick competition, that Shogun technically should have won. It was still a relatively entertaining fight as the skill in the cage was obvious.

I think Lyoto will be prepared for that strategy in a rematch and should win the fight.

Here's the fightmetric stats for anyone interested.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fights/Machida-Shogun.html

Lesner has to let that "medicine" for the "30 day flu" cycle out of his system then he will be ready

Can anyone else believe that Meathead tore up Scott Junk on the Ultimate Fighter. I'm still in shock. As for Machida and Shogun II, I think Shogun knocks him out this time around.

Can anyone else believe that Meathead tore up Scott Junk on the Ultimate Fighter. I'm still in shock. As for Machida and Shogun II, I think Shogun knocks him out this time around.

I can't believe how pitiful both of those guys looked. Looked like a tough man competition rather than an MMA fight. Pure garbage. I can't believe Dana White supported that.

Reminder for MMA fans, Strikeforce: Fedor Emelianenko vs Brett Rogers headlining a free show on CBS Saturday night. Couple of other good fights on the card as well: Mayhem Miller vs Jake Shields for MW belt, and Mousasi vs Sokodjou.

add another highlight reel knockout to fedor's list. he about came off his feet throwing that bomb. great fight. man i wish he was in the UFC - no one else will be able to stop lesnar.

Fedor looked great. He fights a lot like A. Silva - where he usually uses a majority of the 1st to get his timing down. But, toward the end of the 1st or early in the 2nd, he makes his move. And, so far, he's unbeatable. Would love to see him KTFO Lesnar.

arkhamasylumfedory-1.gif

Looking at the upcoming cards, and they're pretty bad.

Of course, 106 is crap with Tito and Forrest, but 107 has Penn vs. Sanchez (exciting fight) as the main event and pretty good card, but it doesn't have any other fight that I "have" to see. 108 has Rashad fighting Thiago Silva. The rest of the card is pretty much crap. Now, if they added the Rashad vs. Silva fight to 107, it would have a legitimate co-main. I see Silva winning the fight.

what do you guys think about this hardy kid? i was shocked when he beat the irish hand grenade - and even more shocked the way he absolutely handled swick the other night. do you guys think he's got a shot against st. pierre? i don't especially like most of the brits - with bisping being at the top of that list - but i dislike st. pierre even more. basically, i don't like hardy but i hate st. pierre. i think he's got a real good shot against st. pierre - hardy punishes people with those hands and has excellent counter strikes. not too shabby on the ground either. st. pierre's chin is a little suspect - so i would not at all be surprised to see hardy drop him.

i think vera got used in that decision against couture. i like couture just fine but he is not an exciting guy to watch fight - and did basically nothing to get that decision. vera was punishing him with those body kicks and did plenty to get the win. it wasn't the worst decision i've ever seen but it was pretty bad nonetheless.

Looking at the upcoming cards, and they're pretty bad.

Of course, 106 is crap with Tito and Forrest, but 107 has Penn vs. Sanchez (exciting fight) as the main event and pretty good card, but it doesn't have any other fight that I "have" to see. 108 has Rashad fighting Thiago Silva. The rest of the card is pretty much crap. Now, if they added the Rashad vs. Silva fight to 107, it would have a legitimate co-main. I see Silva winning the fight.

nothing crazy exciting coming up. i think rashad will murder silva though - his hands are just that quick. he just didn't know how to get close enough to machida to use them - and neither has anyone else. i also see penn killing sanchez - they aren't even on the same level.

Anthony Johnson vs Josh Koscheck is more exciting than the main event for 106.

No, Hardy has no chance against GSP. Well, no more of a chance than Matt Serra did, and he managed to shock GSP. So anything is possible. But unlikely he makes a competitive fight of it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom