Offseason MLB rumors | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offseason MLB rumors

djfresh47 said:
Mark Mulder and Tim Hudson have not been as good. Although Carpenter who I think played with the Blue Jays turned into one of the best pitchers in the game. Jeff Weaver was lights out during the postseason but he wasn't even good enough to be on an AL roster during the regular season. I don't know why any pitcher would rather face a DH than a pitcher.

Mulder was good until he got hurt though...

Clemens
Pettite
Pedro
Arroyo
Tom Gordon

Just a few guys off the top of my head who improved their numbers by switching leagues and all except for Arroyo did so at late in their careers

Rogers, I-Rod among AL Gold Glovers

After all those errors in the World Series, a Detroit Tigers pitcher won a Gold Glove.

Kenny Rogers, whose smudged left hand created a lot of suspicion during the World Series, won his fourth straight Gold Glove on Thursday and fifth overall.
Detroit pitchers made five errors during the Tigers' five-game loss to the St. Louis Cardinals, four on bad throws and another on a botched comebacker.

No other pitching staff had made more than three errors during a Series.

Rogers did not have any fielding fumbles, but he did have a brownish smudge on his pitching hand in the first inning of Game 2. Whether it was dirt, pine tar or something else may never be known _ St. Louis Cardinals manager Tony La Russa never urged umpires to check Rogers' hand and instead merely asked them to make sure whatever it was went away.

The hand was clean when he came out for the second, Rogers went on to pitch shutout ball through the eighth and Detroit won 3-1 _ its only victory of the Series. Rogers, who pitched 23 scoreless innings in the postseason, was poised to start Game 6 but Detroit lost to the Cardinals in five games.
Tigers teammate Ivan Rodriguez won his 12th Gold Glove, extending his record for catchers. Seattle right fielder Ichiro Suzuki, Minnesota center fielder Torii Hunter and Oakland third baseman Eric Chavez won the awards for the sixth straight season.

Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter and Toronto center fielder Vernon Wells won for the third time in a row, Texas first baseman Mark Teixeira won for the second consecutive season and Kansas City second baseman Mark Grudzielanek was a first-time winner.

Chavez and Rodriguez each earned $100,000 bonuses for winning Gold Gloves, while Rogers gets $75,000. Grudzielanek, Suzuki and Wells get $50,000 apiece and Hunter receives $25,000.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/11/02/bc.bba.algoldgloves.ap/index.html

I said months ago Jeter would win a GOLD GLOVE and everyone told me I was nuts!!

MikeO correct again! LOL

I wish the gold glove was truly what it was. The best defensive player at each position.

FiN.in.RI said:
But Jeter wasn't better defensively than Gonzalez this season.

No, Jeter wasn't even better defensively than Juan Uribe, but it's a popularity contest not about true skills. Having watch a lot of both Gonzo and Jeter, I'd take Gonzo's glove and range over Jeter any day of the week and that's not the homer in my talking it's a fact. Gonzo is the best defensive SS in baseball hands down.

Of course other guys got screwed out of GG awards too this year (Mark Ellis anyone?) but like I said before it's all about names.

Ray Finkle said:
No, Jeter wasn't even better defensively than Juan Uribe, but it's a popularity contest not about true skills. Having watch a lot of both Gonzo and Jeter, I'd take Gonzo's glove and range over Jeter any day of the week and that's not the homer in my talking it's a fact. Gonzo is the best defensive SS in baseball hands down.

Of course other guys got screwed out of GG awards too this year (Mark Ellis anyone?) but like I said before it's all about names.

Yep.

MikeO said:
I said months ago Jeter would win a GOLD GLOVE and everyone told me I was nuts!!

MikeO correct again! LOL

you also said a while ago tht the Cards would be lucky to win 1 game in the playoffs...

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Mike's always right.

Ray Finkle said:

I think you secretly love the Oakland A's. :wink::tongue:

RWhitney014 said:
I don't know what you guys are talking about. Mike's always right.

See, someone get's it!!:D

Back
Top Bottom