OLB's / Pass Rushers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OLB's / Pass Rushers

Upshaw is exactly the type of kid Miami has not made a priority in the past but really needs to. He makes PLAYS. If we can't get a qb in round one, sign me up for Upshaw in the 1st and Weeden in the second.

Upshaw opposite of Wake with Dansby on the inside would give Miami three excellent linebackers. Obviously, Burnett has struggled, but having 3 stud linebackers around him would be tremendous.

burnetts been ballin of late...we're set at ilb...dansby and burnett are nice

You think T.Richardson is that much more valuable in a pass happy league and we have Bush and Thomas already? He's that much of a difference maker.

Absolutely. Trent is also a dangerous weapon out of the backfield as a receiver, along with being the best pass protecting RB I've ever seen come out of college.... literally.

If you're picking in the top 10, you should just about always be drafting for ELITE talent... there's only a couple in any draft. Trent Richardson is an extremely rare RB prospect.

I've always like Reggie Bush and felt that he has a unique skillset, but you can't count on him being your bellcow back. Daniel Thomas is nothing more than the Channing Crowder of Miami's offense.... except Crowder could actually stay on the field when he came into the league.

Passing on Trent Richardson if he's available outside the top 5 picks is the same as passing on Patrick Willis because you have an old, slow, concussed Zach Thomas and Channing Crowder. It's the same as passing on Clay Matthews because Joey Porter had one big season for you. Same as passing on Matt Ryan because you have John Beck.

I'm typically drafting vertically picking in the top 10 if an elite talent falls to me. Passing on a talent like Trent Richardson is a mistake.

I've missed this place. I had a friend (Steelers fan) mock Coples to Miami, and I said I'd prefer Upshaw. Reminded me about the very strong praise Slimm gave to Upshaw, and I had to check to see if anything new was going happening on the draft board. Good ****.

slimm so you think upshaw has the kind of immediate pass rush and overall impact that clay matthews and von miller had/have had during their rookie campaigns??? thats a darn mouth full...high dang praise indeed

I just don't get it when I see mocks where upshaw goes in the late teens and early twenties... If we pass on him in the top ten, unless it's for a blackmon or claiborne, or trich... I'd be looking for a bunch of pills to swallow.

I like Upshaw. He is a good fit in the currently Fins system.

However, I think Nick Saban defenders play small in the NFL.

I don't know dude.. I've been keepin an eye on mcclain... I still like that dude... 89 tackles, 5 sacks and a safety.. plenty of PD's too...

i really like upshaw.

hell for that matter I like about three other bama defensive boys too....

Could Quentin Coples play OLB in a 3-4??

What about Cam Johnson and some of the other bigger DE's in this year's draft??

Why is Andre Branch all over the place? I have seen him projected from the 1st to 4th round?

What do you see as the best moves the Dolphins could make to improve the pass rush?

Well, what we could have done a few months ago to improve the pass rush is sign Mark Anderson, who is now ripping it up with the Pats. And they of course signed G Brian Waters as well early in the season, and he's a first team Pro Bowler this year. Two more reasons to add to the list of why the Patriots are better than us year after year.

Nobody drafts a situational pass rusher with the 9th pick in the draft, but at the same time I would hate to see Mercilus go to one of our division rivals and we regret not taking him for the next 12 years.

He looked really strong in that bowl game.

What about Melvin Ingram? I've heard lots of positive things about Upshaw but nothing about Ingram.

One name, Melvin Ingram. All he did at South Carolina was get to the QB. I think he's a great fit.

Back
Top Bottom