Omar happy,Every Ryan Tannehill interception for 2012 article. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar happy,Every Ryan Tannehill interception for 2012 article.

It comes back to the db leverage and the position of the safety...if it was meant for Mathews it was a bad read and a bad decision...but it's also not like we were ever in that game...our guys were playing out the string...

Take a look at the effort from some of the vets that are no longer here...we mailed it in...

I also got to wonder given that leverage why Mathews would continue to run that route right into the coverage...but then again maybe he thought he could get on top of the corner before the safety could come over...reading leverage and running routes accordingly is a part of a option route system...

by the way I don't want to make the fact that we no showed as a team as an excuse...just sayin that we were never in that game...

Just saw Cris Carter being interviewed at camp in Davie on local NBC news raving about Tannehill...declaring that QBs are born and not made - that RT17 is a natural and the way the ball comes off his hand is a thing of beauty (paraphrased) etc

Possibly, but look at the last 2 angles of that interception. The Patriots LB was bearing down on him no doubt, but it appears the LB makes contact using upper body and his left arm at approximately the same time. While it is certainly a bang-bang play, the last couple of angles appear to show Tannehill getting the ball out a tiny bit before the LB makes contact. It's a close call, but to me it doesn't look like the contact altered the throwing motion. Perhaps the urgency of the impending hit did, but that's tough to judge. Regardless, in my book that play is on Tannehill.

If we're going to give him credit for standing in the pocket in the face of pressure, which I definitely consider a strength of his, then we need to assess the consequences of those actions as well. Bad decision to rush the throw, bad decision to force the throw instead of taking the sack or throwing it away, either way I'm comfortable calling it a bad decision. But, I still give him credit for fearlessly trying to make a play. I admire that quality in a leader, and I suspect his teammates do as well.
I can agree with this. I don't think it was a bad read because I feel like that was to Hartline 100%, but he still held the ball for too long in that situation.

Watching the video that is what I thought also...I have a hard time believing he was going to Mathews considering the db leverage on him....

I think the ball I disliked the most was the force throw at buffalo to bess in the middle of the field on a potential last game winning drive...I say that because that was the one where I felt like he tried to force the ball into too much traffic...there was 3 defenders in that area he has to throw that elsewhere given the coverage...just a kid trying to make a play and forcing it...
Yeah that was just a bad decision, but like you said he wanted that throw too much. I don't know if we have the all-22 on that throw or not, but I'd like to see if that was the best available throw or not.

Yeah that was just a bad decision, but like you said he wanted that throw too much. I don't know if we have the all-22 on that throw or not, but I'd like to see if that was the best available throw or not.

Well u got 3 defenders there presnap despite the safety dropping after the snap and the other 2 zoning up he has better odds elsewhere whether someone else was open or not I don't know...but if he reads that coverage right he looks elsewhere...expecting bess on the cross to clear all 3 of those defenders once 2 of them squat for any route into the middle of the field is a bad decision

Last edited by a moderator:
tipped balls, and I know there were a couple garbage time throws also. so nearly half of his ints, I just write off as being flukes or unimportant.

That happens with every QB.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2013/adjusted-interceptions-2012

This is always a helpful link. Tannehill doesn't reflect poorly at all, but it does give us a much better sense of context rather than looking at one QB's video and dismissing a certain amount to "luck."

I haven't look at the vid yet, but I'd like to review it pick by pick (assuming this hasn't already been done in the 8 pages).

With all the angst about Omar daring to post CK's INT video, can anyone really dispute his basic premise? That if Tannehill again approaches the league's worst QB rating on 3rd downs, that the Dolphins are not going to be successful?

Well u got 3 defenders there presnap despite the safety dropping after the snap and the other 2 zoning up he has better odds elsewhere whether someone else was open or not I don't know...but if he reads that coverage right he looks elsewhere...expecting bess on the cross to clear all 3 of those defenders once 2 of them squat for any route into the middle of the field is a bad decision

I just went back and watched it and Tannehill didn't even look. He made his mind up presnap that he was going to Bess. He had Hartline open 20 yards down the field, Bush in the flat, and Clay in the flat. He double clutches so I think he realized that it was bad, but he went with it anyway. The Hartline throw would have been risky, but I think he could have made it because the underneath man's momentum was forward to try and get to Clay.

Rofl, Omar was filling in for Crowder on WQAM today and he laid down a bombshell...

Apparently he aspires to be a referee in the NFL when he finally hangs up his keyboard for good.

Problem is, should we be rooting for or against that?

Last edited by a moderator:
2 passes were tipped against the Texans. First one against Cardinals was ruled incomplete after review and Hartline fell down on the other. 1 was tipped against Tennessee and should have been a penalty on the next. I count 5 int that definitely aren't Tannehills fault.

Back
Top Bottom