Omar Jacobs, Devin Hester, etc to Declare | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar Jacobs, Devin Hester, etc to Declare

blackthought said:
Originally Posted by ckparrothead
It's kind of hard to make your way in the NFL as just a return man for very long. Even Dante Hall isn't the same as he use to be when he got famous.

The best thing Devin Hester could do is focus and learn how to become a quality corner. Nick Saban's a good teacher, so is Mel Phillips. With Hester's natural physical ability, he could basically redshirt for two years as a corner while he learns the position from guys who know how to teach it, and in the meantime Hester would be a really good return man, like Dante Hall or Michael Lewis.

My sentiments exactly, and thats why I think a solid team, will take a flyer on him ala Matt Ware. Probably late second and no later than the 3rd if he does declare.

Questions to Boomer.
I am not a huge Texas DB fan. From Westbrook to Jammer, those guys don't produce comparably to where they are selected. Can you give me any reason to think differently about Huff and Griffin?

I personally think Miami can make the transition from 4-3 to 3-4 this year if they can some how swing a deal to pick up an extra second and third. This is a strong linebacker group and Miami's lineman are getting old. I like linebackers Carpenter OSU at an ILB position, Wilkerson GT, and Nicholson FSU. Do they fit the 3-4? Do you see us changing to the 3-4? Can we get them all? And if not who should we get?

Well it's tough to say. Jammer though has settled down and is playing solid football. Not at the Pro Bowl level that perhaps people hoped, but still playing well.

Huff can just flat out play football IMO. He reads the play well, he's intelligent, he can really fly to the ball, he's quick and he's a great tackler. As a corner, he has nice hips, nice feet and plays the ball really well. Griffin is big and fast and can tackle. But whereas Huff is smooth in coverage, Griffin is choppy with his feet and looks stiff coming out of his breaks.

Whether they will make good pros.........I don't know. But Huff is a player I really like and think would be a solid pick for Miami.

Rufus is a bit small for Miami and is of course a junior. But he is quick and can cover the tight ends at the WLB spot. I'm not sure I'd naturally peg him as a 3-4 'backer.

Gerris Wilkerson has nice size and plays the run forcefully but he's a real liability in coverage. He could play inside in a 3-4, but offensive co-ordinators would try and match guys up on him and then you'd be in trouble.

AJ is a really solid player, a one gap linebacker IMO. Small but big, he can really run, can cover and really pursues well.

Boomer- So no real drafted QB for Miami talk? In the later rounds? Or do you think Saban goes with the CFL or Cleo, FA, etc?

Raekwon The Che said:
It's locked up that Moore is leaving, but that's a BIG mistake. I don't understand why Hester would be leaving, he'll be a receiver on the offense but I doubt he'll be a starting one.

If Omar Jacobs leaves, then there is the Dolphin's 1st round draft pick right there.

First round I doubt it. He can be a second though.

Mueller mentioned before that no one should be shocked if they took two QB's in the draft. Jacobs could be one of them if available.

Boomer said:
Moore could be a player, but he has maturity and concentration issues. Hester will go on day 1 because of his ability to change field position as a return man. But as a corner.......uh huh. Not a dream that he's a starting CB in the NFL.

Atkins could have done with the extra year, but he can play.

Go figure... he's worried about making the starting roster on the Hurricanes' squad, so he figures to resolve that by entering the draft? ... sheez

I really doubt any of the UM players come out. ALl the speculation about Moore - and then he will get his projected draft position and stay. Same with Hester. Hester will return because he will get a lot of ofense playing time next year. This is all just speculation that is not a done deal by any means.

Back
Top Bottom