Omar Jacobs, Devin Hester, etc to Declare | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar Jacobs, Devin Hester, etc to Declare

geez, all this QB talk makes it sound like the Qb lot in this draft is much better than expected.

VanDolPhan said:
Tell me you have this in reverse order :) You really got a hate on for the OL if that's your order of need. If it's just straight up need then yah although I'm not so big on the OG's needing an upgrade right now as much as the center and LT who won't be here due to FA/Cuts (Man I am daydreaming for Bentley at C here).

In order of absolute need I would put it: QB/LT (1 and 2 respectively but tied if McIntosh is cut), CB, C, #2 WR (I was a fan of Booker's but he just isn't cutting it enough).

Secondary needs: DT (Good start with Wright/Vickerson but the team needs that fat run clogging, OL stopping younger Traylor), Safety (With how many needs this team has a first day safety doesn't seem right unless there is just a good prospect that falls large plus there are always safety's in FA), RT (2nd day pick or Veteran swing tackle to push Carey) and finally DE. We need a young pass rusher as Taylor isn't getting any younger but it's last on my list as that can hold off another year and give Roth time to develop and the team can get another year out of Carter.

It's in no order Van. Just any old order.

HurriPhinFan said:
Boomer, where do you see Sinorice Moss going in the draft, and what are your overall opinions of him?

I like him. Good player that can take it to the house. In a bad year for receivers, he could come off the board a lot higher than his former teammate Roscoe Parrish did.

phinsfan4life1 said:
Boomer, you really think Young is coming out? IF so, do you think miami should try to sign him? Plus, if Young doesn't come out who do you think miami should grab?

Jacobs,Cutler, Croyle, who?

Yes I do. He's a possibility for us, but I think we should bring in the value pick where we pick, be it a Chad Greenway, an Ashton Youboty, a Max Jean Gilles, etc. It's not like we don't have the holes.

finz99 said:
Boomer, I've heard ILB Patrick Willis of Ole Miss is thinking of coming out. What do you think of this kid?

Oh I like him a lot. Good player. Been banged up a bit this year and he's only 20, but word is he's coming out. Apparently he's in the process of selecting an agent.

SMadison29 said:
That's a little contradicting to what I'm hearing Boom, at least about Moore & Hester, Atkins has been gone for a while. Moore, Hester, Tyrone Moss, & Darnell Jenkins are all inquiring to the NFL advisory committee before making their decisions. It was said that Moore won't leave unless he receives a day 1 grade.

Well, I'm happy in the knowledge of where this came from. Why would Moss want to come out? Guy is less than a month into ACL recovery. He isn't Willis McGahee. That would be utter folly.

motioncityhifi said:
Hey Boomer, what do you think of Titus Adams from Nebraska? I read somewhere he was having a great season. I believe that the D Line coach is the same one who developed Charles Haley, Russell Maryland and few others. I was just wondering what you thought about him and where he might go.

He looks a 2nd day pick to me mate.

Hey Simmon,you haven't tell me what you think of the groups yet.Who do you think are gonna be the final 4? Do you think my team has a chance.I think with Guardino,luca tony up front and then Toti Feeding them the ball and with always having a good defence that we have a chance...what do you think? thanks in advance.

Ozzy rules!!

Go Italy 2006 world cup

Adam First said:
Devin Hester will fail in the NFL.

I dont think that is accurate. I think he will strive as a return man. He will be like Daunte Hall... doesnt get thrown to much but is a great return man that gets tds.

Boomer said:
I like him. Good player that can take it to the house. In a bad year for receivers, he could come off the board a lot higher than his former teammate Roscoe Parrish did.

I agree completely. I actually think two people from UM are going to go pretty high that will shock people. One, is Sinorice... he is a solid receiver that is VERY quick. I think he will go middle to bottom of first or beginning of second (not quite sure). Two is Kelly Jennings.. He has never been a superstar but he has been consistent and solid all 4 years he has played. I think coaches notice that and remember that. He was burned a couple times during the past two season but all corners get burned at times. He doesnt miss big tackles and he isnt penalized a ton so i see him going first round too. (THIS IS JUST MY OPINION I DO KNOW ITS A STRETCH FOR MANY BuT I BELIEVE IT TO ME ACCURATE)

It's kind of hard to make your way in the NFL as just a return man for very long. Even Dante Hall isn't the same as he use to be when he got famous.

The best thing Devin Hester could do is focus and learn how to become a quality corner. Nick Saban's a good teacher, so is Mel Phillips. With Hester's natural physical ability, he could basically redshirt for two years as a corner while he learns the position from guys who know how to teach it, and in the meantime Hester would be a really good return man, like Dante Hall or Michael Lewis.

re:

If Jacobs was available in the 3rd Rd or later, I'd take him (assuming we don't get better in the 1st). He's got the talent and the ability. You're not trying to draft a starting QB in the later rounds. He could be molded into a good QB IMO, and could be a steal in the later rounds, like I thought McPherson would have been last year before darn NO got him first.

ckparrothead said:
Greenway over Cutler...a little more difficult a decision to make.

I like both, but at that point if Cutler has show enough to go at say 15. Don't you think we take Cutler?

ckparrothead said:
It's kind of hard to make your way in the NFL as just a return man for very long. Even Dante Hall isn't the same as he use to be when he got famous.

The best thing Devin Hester could do is focus and learn how to become a quality corner. Nick Saban's a good teacher, so is Mel Phillips. With Hester's natural physical ability, he could basically redshirt for two years as a corner while he learns the position from guys who know how to teach it, and in the meantime Hester would be a really good return man, like Dante Hall or Michael Lewis.

Yeah but how high of a draft pick do you want to spend on a guy if you think he is just going to return kicks for 2 years? That would probably be half the life of his rookie contract.

Back
Top Bottom