Omar Jacobs, Devin Hester, etc to Declare | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar Jacobs, Devin Hester, etc to Declare

Raekwon The Che said:
It's locked up that Moore is leaving, but that's a BIG mistake. I don't understand why Hester would be leaving, he'll be a receiver on the offense but I doubt he'll be a starting one.

If Omar Jacobs leaves, then there is the Dolphin's 1st round draft pick right there.

I've said it before...if the Dolphins took Omar Jacobs anywhere before the 5th round I would not have time to start a "WE REACHED FOR JACOBS" thread because I'd be busy throwing myself off the Oak Street Bridge.

A poster from LSU stated before this last draft that we should look for Saban to go after a playmaker in the first round. He took R.Brown.

If I were to guess the 1st pick based on that info, that would 'theoretically' rule out OL and DL in the first. That said, who's the bigger playmaker out of a choice of Huff, Greenway and Hawk?

Boomer said:
Or reaching for a QB when you could grab yourself an instant starter at LB which is what AJ and Chad are.

You're absolutely right about that. If Quinn or Young come out and are available, you take them in the first round. But if Cutler is there, you don't pass up better players for him. Alot of people are insisting we have to take a QB, any QB, in round 1. They're just plain wrong.

what i've been reading if we dont get jay cutler in round 1 we will not get him in round 2 he isnt a secret anymore so lets hope we can get him if not then i really i will be concerned cause i doubt we will have a high enough pick to draft b.quinn next year

Raekwon The Che said:
Saban drafting a linebacker in the first round when he NEED a QB to start developing to lead this team in the years to come isn't likely.

Reaching for a QB thats not even projected to be anywhere near 1st-high 2nd round is a wandstedt thing to do...... this is a new Era. BPA is how they work, get with the program

Boomer, where do you see Sinorice Moss going in the draft, and what are your overall opinions of him?

Boomer, you really think Young is coming out? IF so, do you think miami should try to sign him? Plus, if Young doesn't come out who do you think miami should grab?

Jacobs,Cutler, Croyle, who?

HurriPhinFan said:
Boomer, where do you see Sinorice Moss going in the draft, and what are your overall opinions of him?

With the re-emergence of smaller recievers (Santan Moss, Steve Smith), look for the smaller fast recievers to be drafted higher then normal.

Boomer, I've heard ILB Patrick Willis of Ole Miss is thinking of coming out. What do you think of this kid?

Boomer said:
According to sources, Bowling Green QB Omar Jacobs is to declare. Huge mistake IMO. AWFUL mechanically, he had a mediocre season and could have done with staying at BG.

In what looks like a bad day for Miami U, Devin Hester, Baraka Atkins and WR Ryan Moore are all set to jump. Moore has been in and out, but apparently its a done deal. Hester is concerned that he won't win a starters CB job and isn't sure what sort of role he'll play on offense. Moore looked a future high 1st rounder as a freshman, but has struggled; Hester could be the most overrated player in the entire selection meeting. Sick return skills, very average coverman. I think he's in for a real shock come draft day.

Anyway, thought I'd pass it along.
Boom.

I know I was listening to Larry Coker the other day, and he said Hester told him he was staying. But if he does come out it is a huge mistake. He don't even have a position to speak of, except returns.

Atkins is the one who the Canes will miss most........

Boomer, great thoughts, and I surely agree with you about reaching for a qb... but just to clarify something you wrote:

Our biggest needs are WR, OT, OG, C, DE, DT, LB, CB and S.

Do you not think qb is one of our biggest needs?

thoughts:

-jacobs should declare. he won't have a good team next year and will only put up worse numbers
-ryan moore is a ****ing idiot. seriously
-hester isn't too bright either
-atkins should declare

Omar is making a terrible decision if he does indeed declare. He needs at least one more year to develop. Right now I wouldnt touch him with a 20 foot pole

That's a little contradicting to what I'm hearing Boom, at least about Moore & Hester, Atkins has been gone for a while. Moore, Hester, Tyrone Moss, & Darnell Jenkins are all inquiring to the NFL advisory committee before making their decisions. It was said that Moore won't leave unless he receives a day 1 grade.

Back
Top Bottom