Omar Jacobs, Devin Hester, etc to Declare | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar Jacobs, Devin Hester, etc to Declare

Hey Boom,

What do you think are the biggest needs of the team and who would be the guy you'd like to see us pick? How about your top three players that we could pick at our current spot?
I think a Db, LB, or OL. Landry I think because he would need the least adjustment to Saban's system. Greenway or Brooks at LB cause they are both really fast and have the size Saban looks for in a LB. At OL I take MacNeil, hasn't been credited with a sack in Three years playing in the SEC, monster. EDIT or Jean-Gilles, what we talked about on the other thread.What do you think? Left out QB on purpose cause I don't think any QB is worth the first round pick in our position. Cutler is reach, and all the other ones will be gone.

Raekwon The Che said:
Inside of the NFL :confused:

How long do you think the average 1st round QB gets to develop these days? How long do you think the Miami fans and media give him to develop?

To my mind he needs 3 seasons.

He won't get that.

Boomer said:
According to sources, Bowling Green QB Omar Jacobs is to declare. Huge mistake IMO. AWFUL mechanically, he had a mediocre season and could have done with staying at BG.

Honestly Boom. What more could he do at BG? Hes losing his best WR, he has put up monster years last 2 years(down year this year compared to last), but his stock cant go up from here. No reason for him to stay IMO.

Wow... I could've sworn that I saw about a week or two ago that Hester was thinking about leaving, but Coker convinced him to stay saying that he would have a greatly increased role on OFFENSE next year. Therefore, it was reported that he was definitely staying for his senior season. Hmmm....

Canadi-Phin said:
Hey Boom,

What do you think are the biggest needs of the team and who would be the guy you'd like to see us pick? How about your top three players that we could pick at our current spot?
I think a Db, LB, or OL. Landry I think because he would need the least adjustment to Saban's system. Greenway or Brooks at LB cause they are both really fast and have the size Saban looks for in a LB. At OL I take MacNeil, hasn't been credited with a sack in Three years playing in the SEC, monster. EDIT or Jean-Gilles, what we talked about on the other thread.What do you think? Left out QB on purpose cause I don't think any QB is worth the first round pick in our position. Cutler is reach, and all the other ones will be gone.

Our biggest needs are WR, OT, OG, C, DE, DT, LB, CB and S.

Landry is very undersized for a SS - 187lbs? Not in our system. Greenway and Hawk are great. Love 'em both. Youboty and Huff I like, Ngata, Baba Oshinowo at DT. Jean Gilles, Ferguson, McNeil, Joseph, along the OL. Thomas Howard, Daryn Collegde, etc.

Top 3 picks at 15 for me.....Greenaway, Jean Gilles, Huff.

Nappy Roots said:
Honestly Boom. What more could he do at BG? Hes losing his best WR, he has put up monster years last 2 years(down year this year compared to last), but his stock cant go down from here. No reason for him to stay IMO.
True.

He just a slightly down season AND he was hurt (on his non-throwing shoulder) so that can be accounted for. I don't think he'll need three seasons...

Saban drafting a linebacker in the first round when he NEED a QB to start developing to lead this team in the years to come isn't likely.

Nappy Roots said:
Honestly Boom. What more could he do at BG? Hes losing his best WR, he has put up monster years last 2 years(down year this year compared to last), but his stock cant go down from here. No reason for him to stay IMO.

As usual mate, you make excellent points, I'd just like to see him go back and really work on the stuff that needs working on without the pressure that being a high round QB brings. He has the talent for sure, but it's frustrating to see him not take that step up.

gravyfries said:
Tuesday, December 06, 2005

CORAL GABLES  Devin Hester is returning for his senior season at the University of Miami.

UM coach Larry Coker said Monday that Hester committed to coming back in 2006 during a meeting last week. Juanita Brown, Hester's mother, confirmed her son has decided to forego the NFL to finish his college career.
Doesn't matter. Sean Taylor and Winslow said they were staying for their senior season too :shakeno:

gravyfries said:
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2005/12/06/a10c_umfoot_1206.html

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

CORAL GABLES  Devin Hester is returning for his senior season at the University of Miami.

UM coach Larry Coker said Monday that Hester committed to coming back in 2006 during a meeting last week. Juanita Brown, Hester's mother, confirmed her son has decided to forego the NFL to finish his college career.

I'm happy in the knowledge of where this information came from.

Raekwon The Che said:
Doesn't matter. Sean Taylor and Winslow said they were staying for their senior season too :shakeno:

true, but as a cane fan i hope hester is different. i think he has tremendous upside(obviously) and i hope he gets to realize it. he could be an insane weapon if used extensively.

Raekwon The Che said:
Saban drafting a linebacker in the first round when he NEED a QB to start developing to lead this team in the years to come isn't likely.

Or reaching for a QB when you could grab yourself an instant starter at LB which is what AJ and Chad are.

Raekwon The Che said:
It's locked up that Moore is leaving, but that's a BIG mistake. I don't understand why Hester would be leaving, he'll be a receiver on the offense but I doubt he'll be a starting one.

If Omar Jacobs leaves, then there is the Dolphin's 1st round draft pick right there.

First round pick?!?!? No way. He'll still be around in the second round, there are much better players to pick than Jacobs in the first round.

Back
Top Bottom