Omar Kelly: John Jerry should be moved to Right Tackle next season | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar Kelly: John Jerry should be moved to Right Tackle next season

resign jake to a fair long term contract if he is healthy. reasonable minds need to prevail. jonathan martin back to RT, john jerry remains at OG.

He also said that Patterson and Marshall was the plan for the starting corners next year? What?

1269362898270-1.gif

Forget resigning Jake. He is 5 years in and has injured his knee, back, shoulder, triceps and ego. He will command pretty big money and isn't worth the injury risk.

Omar suggesting Jerry to tackle is odd. The guy does not appear to be athletic enough to play on the edge. Likely would be burnt all day on outside speed rushes. The technique required for the position are likely too much at this point.

I definitely say we resign Sean Smith as I still like his game and his length and skill set. Sure we would like to see more production, but I still see him as an ascending player.

I thought he played his best as a tackle. Not that it'll matter either way if he shows up to camp at 360 lbs again....if the man can drop some weight hes actually a very physically gifted player and can move pretty well.

Get in shape then we'll see what he is. Can't afford another Vernon Carey who slides by based on ability but never cared enough to maximize his chances.

Jerry is athletic but he loses balance more than he should. That will be more of an issue outside.

At least some of these big guys have come around. Soliai looked like just another guy and Jerry seemed to be out the door. Maybe Shawn Murphy will surprise.

Yea ask both Philly and Cleveland how Patterson worked out as a starter,

In Philly, Patterson was burried on the depth chart by Asante Samuel and Nnamdi Asomugha - both of which were considered top CBs in the NFL. In Cleveland, he had problems staying healthy, and with the contract they gave him and a new GM coming in, he was let go. I dont think Philly or Cleveland should be used as benchmarks for his physical ability. I'm not saying this guy is a great player, but to say he was let go in Philly and Cleveland because he's a bad player is not correct.

as everybody loves to jump on Omar, the idea of pushing him to RT after the season if Jake is not resigned has been discussed and been supported by guys like CK, Boomer, Ben Volin, Jeff Darlington, and guys in the VIP section. It's a plausible idea. He has the feet to do it.

no way

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

andrew gardner is twice the player john jerry is

I thought he was going to be our Rt this season before we drafted Martin I think he's better suited there myself

as everybody loves to jump on Omar, the idea of pushing him to RT after the season if Jake is not resigned has been discussed and been supported by guys like CK, Boomer, Ben Volin, Jeff Darlington, and guys in the VIP section. It's a plausible idea. He has the feet to do it.

Hold on a quick second...Many (myself included) wanted to see Jerry at RT after Long's injury this year. The genesis of that idea though was to look at Samadu at RG a replacement for Jerry next year. In 2011, Jerry held up well on the edge when Long was hurt and many figured he could get through the end of the year better than Nate Garner. However, Garner has proven to be legit.

I never thought that Jerry was a longterm answer at RT. I give Jim Turner, Mike Sherman and Joe Philbin a ton of credit by going with Nate Garner. Garner has been very solid at RT. I have always liked Garner as a reserve because he can swing to many spots along the line. The last few games have shown that he could compete for the starting spot next year and at the very least be a valuable back up.

agreed watching the last 3 games I think they have done a tremendous job with Garner... and Jerry has suprised at guard

Back
Top Bottom