Omar Kelly: John Jerry should be moved to Right Tackle next season | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar Kelly: John Jerry should be moved to Right Tackle next season

Omar Kelly is a pretty good barometer. Do the exact opposite of what he suggests and you will be right the majority of the time.

So you're saying....... don't change, move him to left Tackle,or ........ DE

Although we've improved the last couple weeks, our interior run blocking has been AWFUL most of the season. How many 3rd and 1's up the gut have we blown? Too many to count. It has been improving the last couple weeks, but I still think Jerry is a below average run blocker.

Although we've improved the last couple weeks, our interior run blocking has been AWFUL most of the season. How many 3rd and 1's up the gut have we blown? Too many to count. It has been improving the last couple weeks, but I still think Jerry is a below average run blocker.

The only reason we've improved the last 2 weeks with our run blocking is playing the #31 and #32 rated defensive teams against the run

I'd like to see them make a play for Patriot free agent rt/lt Sebastian Vollmer
He is 6'8 and 320 lbs and very athletic. This year as a starter his salary was $980 k
as a starter was almost half of what we paid Murtha.

Depending what he wants it just might be a good upgrade for the 28 year old

I totally agree ... but we'd need to pay significantly more than New England or he'd never move from that ideal situation to a rebuilding team.

As for Jerry, I've never been a fan. He's lazy. For a guy with his natural athletic ability to be poor at run blocking is astounding. Clearly he's not a zone blocking scheme type of OL, but wow, if he is THAT bad opening running lanes and his strong suit is allowing 14 hurries, I'd say his days are clearly numbered. At least Incognito sticks up for his teammates and is good in the locker room ... Jerry doesn't even provide that. I will not be surprised if the OL is where we make an impact in FA. Other than guys like Greg Jennings or Jason Babin, I don't see a lot of good fits for us in FA. But, our OL will definitely be different than this season's.

Even after all the drafting of OL in recent years, we need OL help. I would take an OL with one of our first 3 picks (unless we sign a free agent lineman).

Hopefully John Jerry is our swing back up for OG and RT next year. That's decent depth

Back
Top Bottom