Only DE's worth #12 pick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Only DE's worth #12 pick

You're being sarcastic right?
Even though he had a rough combine, he's still a top 10 pick. I've watched a TON of tape on him, and his combine results don't add up to when he steps on the field. When he's on the field, he's relentless, he just needs to learn how to wrap up tackle more. Also, keep in mind, he's only 20 years old as well, 21 in September, I'm 20, 21 in June and I know I'd be nervous in front of all these scouts, he'll be fine.

12 reps at 225lbs though?

I'm 43, 6'0 - 192lbs and I can throw up 225 13 times.

Kid is either lazy, weak, or just didn't give a **** about his draft status. No way a big man like that should have 12 reps.

Arm length plays a factor, but you are right, that isn't an excuse for 12 reps . . . but it speaks more to work ethic in addition to his lack of strength. You have time to prepare for the combine and many guys can get their rep count up in a short period of time . . . it's almost like Moore diddn't even bother.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

No Damontre Moore? He's arguably THE best player in this draft. AT least you didn't say Werner, he's not even a 1st rounder IMO.

So you crap on Werner but them claim Moore as possibly the best player in the draft.

Atleast I know who I'm dealing with now

Arm length plays a factor, but you are right, that isn't an excuse for 12 reps . . . but it speaks more to work ethic in addition to his lack of strength. You have time to prepare for the combine and many guys can get their rep count up in a short period of time . . . it's almost like Moore diddn't even bother.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

So you crap on Werner but them claim Moore as possibly the best player in the draft.

Atleast I know who I'm dealing with now
I'm not saying Werner is terrible, but I just don't think he's a 1st rounder, and Moore is still a Top 10 in my eyes. I watched a decent amount of tape on Werner, and his motor runs hot and cold. When he thinks he has the play, he'll try and make it, but when he doesn't he gives up on it, whereas Moore will chase the player down. Werner had the potential to make some good tackles, and stop people for minimal gains instead of the 7-14 yard gains they became. Werner had the angle and didn't even try to tackle. Moore chased down a RB 50 yards to make the tackle, so there's questions about Werner's motor. Moore, he has a nonstop one, I mean Moore is 6'6 248. No excuse as to why he did 12 bench reps, but he's still the better overall player.

The biggest thing with Werner in regards to this "lack of a motor" is the fact that when he is out of a play, he doesn't do enough to attempt to get back into the play, and that is where I can see this hot and cold motor argument come from . . . but I think it is a bit overblown. He's a hard worker a guy who has shown a nonstop motor and he's the type of player I have confidence that on the next level he won't get away with those instances and coaches will get him out of that habit quickly. But the work ethic is more than there.

Moore is highly overrated . . . and his numbers today lead me to believe he has a very questionable work ethic. He had great stats this year, no denying that, and I honestly haven't watched alot of tape on him but the times that I have seen him he wasn't blowing by people off the edge and he was held ineffective quite a bit. He's a guy I do wanna look at some more, but after today I'm not sure I'm even going to bother . . . Mayock pretty much thrashed him.

Billack and Caserly still have Moore as a top 10 pick. The combine results were bad and it hurt his stock, but it doesn't mean he still isn't a top 15 player.

Jared allen only did 225 13 times and he's one of the best in the league....

Billack and Caserly still have Moore as a top 10 pick. The combine results were bad and it hurt his stock, but it doesn't mean he still isn't a top 15 player.

Jared allen only did 225 13 times and he's one of the best in the league....

Billick is an offensive guy and Casserly is probably the most clueless guy on NFLN. Dude doesn't even watch half of the guys he gives his opinion on and has been quoted as saying "I haven't watched the tape . . . but" on prospects before. Casserly probably has a stat sheet in front of him and making his mock based on that.

Any wonder why this "former GM" is down there doing the 40 times on prospects instead of giving his opinion on the set?

Jordan or Mingo at 12 would be pretty nice.

Yea I've had Jordan at 12 for the longest . . . not so much Mingo, but I wouldn't be disappointed if we drafted him at 12 . . . he definitely adds some explosive pass rushing ability to this defense. Third downs would be fun.

I dont think you can go wrong with jordan or mingo and werner at 12... I havent' gone back to watch anymore ansah stuff after his combine... I always had him pegged late first early second... i may very well be wrong on that. It really doesn't matter I guess.. it only takes one team to fall in love with a guy to make a 2nd rounder turn into a top ten pick nowadays..

I can't get behind any talk of werner not being a first round pick.. that seems like insane talk to me.

I hope werner falls to us, and we double up on carradine later... wake won't be around forever, it'd be nice to have his replacement in the wings.

The scary thing about Bjoern Werner is that he hasn't even been playing football for that long. He's just starting to get the hang of it.

Even though he had a rough combine, he's still a top 10 pick. I've watched a TON of tape on him, and his combine results don't add up to when he steps on the field. When he's on the field, he's relentless, he just needs to learn how to wrap up tackle more. Also, keep in mind, he's only 20 years old as well, 21 in September, I'm 20, 21 in June and I know I'd be nervous in front of all these scouts, he'll be fine.

He wasn't even a top 10 pick before his awful combine. He'll be lucky to be picked in the first round

Drafting for need almost always leads to failure. Just because something isnt a hole today(and Defensive End is actually a hole for us now) doesnt mean it wont be tommorow. Solid receivers can be found in the second or third round, the only way a defensive end falls is if he is a flawed player. Not to mention good wideouts hit free agency more often than good pass rushers.

We know have a franchise quarterback. With such a quarterback, we shouldnt be picking high in the draft anytime soon. We need to take the chance we are given to shore up a critical position for years to come. Wideout can be filled in free agency or in the second round. Our pass rush cant.

Well a area we both agree on great and I predict that Ireland will go that position in the draft. We will see how many of our free agent we resign first.

The scary thing about Bjoern Werner is that he hasn't even been playing football for that long. He's just starting to get the hang of it.

Five years total...we would be idiots not to draft him if he falls to 12. He has tremendous upside and is a beast. This crap I keep hearing about this one or that one being better than Werner is straight up ignorance. He is the best 4/3 DE in this class hands down and won't last until the 12th pick.

Werner is also very disciplined, just check out the Orange Bowl to see what I mean. They had him contain the NIU QB all day rather than over pursue. It seemed to have worked out pretty well.

we should take mingo if he gets to us and plug him as a situational rusher opposite wake on passing downs in a 3 point stance...

Back
Top Bottom