Only DE's worth #12 pick | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Only DE's worth #12 pick

Werner got owned by the RT for the Canes. Pass in the 1st. Mingo is only 240# and may be too small for a DE?

Is this really your thoughts from watching the tape? Or are you saying it b/c Mayock did?

While the Miami game wasn't Werner's best and Henderson did get the best of him at times, Werner still had his moments. He ran the arc well a few times to rush Morris into a throw and did get into the backfield a few times on Morris. He was also chipped quite a bit and even dropped in coverage. I would gladly take Werner at 12. He has a GREAT first step, evident not only on tape but by his 10 yard time during his 40. He also has good feet. You saw that today during the movement drills and you can see that on tape b/c he's really good at defending the read option. As for his motor, it's fine. Does he not always run down every single play? Yes. But if you watch enough football, you'll see a lot of Dlinemen doing that to conserve energy so they don't gas too quickly and have something left in the tank for the next play since most Dlinemen aren't going to be running down RBs and WRs from behind. I personally hate it, but it's common. His motor on most plays is better than most. He never gives up on a pass rush.

Ezekiel Ansah BYU
Dion Jordan Oregon

I don't even consider Jordan a DE. The guy is pretty thin and way too small at this point to play DE, other than a situational pass rusher who also plays OLB on 1st and 2nd down. And i'm not sure if his body is built to carry enough weight to make a full-time transition to DE.

Kid?? He's going to be 26 when the season starts

He's in better shape than most of the "kids" though. Completely mechanically and kinesiologically sound and his body hasn't taken the beating that the rest of them have.

Ansah might not make it to us. People want to mold him into greatness.

Dude is funny. humble. god fearing.

He said he wants to prove everybody wrong. It wasnt that he said it, it was more that deep eyes humble african look he gave ya after he said it. Its gonna happen.

jordans a 34 olb all the way...needs to play standing up...as for damontre moore no ones taking a 250 lb de that runs 4.9 and does 12 reps at 225 in the top 10...NO ONE

ansah is the big beneficiary after today...dion jordan even with the shoulder someone will pull the trigger very high maybe top 10 even...they're all drooling about his movement skills and upside...and he's one of the few edge rush prospects that has a very high end get off

Drafting for need almost always leads to failure. Just because something isnt a hole today(and Defensive End is actually a hole for us now) doesnt mean it wont be tommorow. Solid receivers can be found in the second or third round, the only way a defensive end falls is if he is a flawed player. Not to mention good wideouts hit free agency more often than good pass rushers.

We know have a franchise quarterback. With such a quarterback, we shouldnt be picking high in the draft anytime soon. We need to take the chance we are given to shore up a critical position for years to come. Wideout can be filled in free agency or in the second round. Our pass rush cant.

I don't think you can say that " we know we have a franchise QB " .......well I guess you can say what ever the hell you want, haha....but I think it's way to early to say that.

If Jordan is there at 12, i would take him over any wr. I'm not a fan of Ansah. He doesn't have good stamina, he's inconsistent and he gives up on plays...ALOT. he's only so high because of his size and athleticism but this guy has bust written all over him. Who's that guy the jets drafted a few years back? Thats him all over again.

Who was that man? None other than the invincible OSU Buckeye Vernon Gholston. I will admit that part of me was hoping since I am a buckeye fan that we would draft him. But you're right he is like Ansah. Raw, hasn't played much football, but has amzing athleticism. Gholston has some serious guns, but no game. I live in Oregon now and am forced to watch many Ducks games, and Dion Jordan is very fast and very good. He has a great motor. I would love to see us take him at #12. I worry about the Eagles taking him, but I think they have more pressing matters at OL to be taking a DE. But we shall wait and see. I hope we go DE or OL first, then pick WR, CB, TE with the next 3, in no particular order.

There are guys moving up-down...Lotuleilei, pending on his pro-day, just moved down. 3 tackles might be taken before us, as well as Warmack (maybe even Cooper), Ansah, Floyd, Jordan, Milliner, and 1 or 2 qbs (Buff-Ari-KC-NYJ). Thats 10 guys, leaving a possibility of Mingo, Moore, Jarvis Jones, Werner, Banks, Patterson, Allen, Eifert, Cooper, Okafor, Ertz, Vaccaro, and Rhodes for us to choose from. Now, if we move down to the early 20s, maybe even a few of these guys might still be there, and we pick up another draft pick or two, which is my preferred scenario. How cool would it be to lock Ertz around 21, then get Woods wr, Trufant CB, either Okafor-Datone Jones or Carradine DE, then Bayley or Amerson and Pugh T in round 3? Or if Wallace is had in FA, get a guy like Bayley and strenghten the Backfield and Oline? Damn, the possibilities are endless, and the sleep depravation is getting even WORSE as the days get closer to FA and the draft...

Back
Top Bottom