Opinion: Tannenbaum is worse than Jeff Ireland | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Opinion: Tannenbaum is worse than Jeff Ireland

And everyone looooooves Stephen Ross but he's the only owner in the league that would let Tannenbaum convince him to let him run a team again. And let's not forget he kept Ireland on way too long. And hired the 6th option in Dennis Hickey cuz all the other candidates weren't interested in being forced to work with Philbin. He's made strides as an owner but we are still paying the price for his past mistakes
If you want to talk about Ross' poor decision making, nothing tops retaining Sparano after 2010 (especially the way the team played down the stretch) and retaining Philbin after 2014. Those two decisions, in essence, just wasted two seasons before they were even played. (Of course, he's also responsible for hiring Philbin to begin with, so that decision alone led to several wasted seasons.)

This is what happens when you're a Dolphins fan. We're not talking about who's better.....we're talking about who's worst!!

Ozzy rules!!

Nonsense...Ireland was not better than anybody.

We can debate the success or lack of concerning Tannebaum...but to bring Ireland into the discussion is laughable and pointless.

If you want to mention somebody who may have not gotten a fair shake...Dennis Hickey is a better argument.

No way. Comparing Tannenbaum to Hickey would be a crime. Hickey did well here and got the boot simply because Ross wanted to bring in his boy Tannenbaum. They are not even in the same stratosphere.

And everyone looooooves Stephen Ross but he's the only owner in the league that would let Tannenbaum convince him to let him run a team again. And let's not forget he kept Ireland on way too long. And hired the 6th option in Dennis Hickey cuz all the other candidates weren't interested in being forced to work with Philbin. He's made strides as an owner but we are still paying the price for his past mistakes
Never have been a fan of Ross to many bad hires and his idiotic failure of a plan that turned into a battle with the state, he is slightly growing on me like a fungus lol

To be honest I cannot really tell if one is better than the other at their jobs because I have no idea what their responsiblities are (or were) and what decisions they take/took and which decisions they do/did not take. What I do know is that on the field we've been a slow-starting team since Joe Philbin became the head coach and this hasn't changed with Adam Gase. What I also know is that the offensive line has been a disaster since Philbin and it hasn't changed with Gase.

The question really is: what is it, the talent or coaching? I lean to the latter because for example, when I watch the Green Bay Packers without their top 5 offensive tackles against the Bears, they still score 5 TDs. Is it all Aaron Rodgers? But then, how do you explain that their screen game is working (i.e., the blocking is good) while ours has not worked in seemingly decades when Rodgers doesn't block? How is it that teams are able to neutralize Suh even when their starting RG goes down with an injury while we can't get the run game going nor do we pass protect properly even with our starting OL intact?

Thank you Mr Ross for hiring this pathetic excuse for a GM

Good lord, call me crazy but Harris looked pretty darn good out there. Tankersley held his own while wearing a target from a HOF QB and Mcmillan was highlighting practice before his injury. Both DTs making an impact.

This 2017 draft is like the anti 2013 draft IMO.

there was no one better at cap management than Dawn Aponte ... PERIOD!!!
We have not had any cap issues since she left. We did the same thing we do every year and carry over money. Hell we had 10 million lying around to sign Cutler.
Plenty of bad contracts during her time here

They are both ****ing horrible! It is like arguing about which cancer is worse ass cancer or ball cancer.

I wish that I was rich enough to own the Dolphins. Heads would be rolling. I would have fired the FO at halftime. I would have also canceled Cutler’s return ticket home. Gase would be on notice.

Back
Top Bottom