Opinion: Tannenbaum is worse than Jeff Ireland | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Opinion: Tannenbaum is worse than Jeff Ireland

They both are, were, will be, horrible. I look at both of these people and wonder, what if I did my job like that. No doubt, if I did, I would not be working in my profession for long. This is what puts a burr under my saddle. People fail, and fail, and fail, in the NFL, and still get hired. D. Aponte, was supremely skilled at her job, and was a Yuuuuge loss for the Phins. Frankly I see no reason to put any large emotional investment in any product Mr. Tannenbaum is involved in. I'll watch as a casual observer, but my fanhood is more connected to yesteryear than the current circus. Oh did I mention they are both horrible.

The Ever Wondering How Incompetent A Manager Can Be VIPER

If MT fails i say we go with Marino as GM...Why the HELL NOT?
At least fan interest will go through the roof and how much worse can he be/
At least we will create a good passing team

If MT fails i say we go with Marino as GM...Why the HELL NOT?
At least fan interest will go through the roof and how much worse can he be/
At least we will create a good passing team
Weird Trends are going around. Hiring a 32 year old HC. Hiring John lynch as a GM, John Elway

Our 2013 draft alone, puts Jeff Ireland head and shoulders above anyone else, as the worst GM in Phins history. Ireland was a total abomination. He couldnt scout talent ... his drafts were terrible ... he wasted so much cap space (specifically before the 2013 season) ... had poor relations with players and the fans, which led to no one wanting to come and play here, which led to him being terrible finding and signing FAs ... and he embarrassed this franchise on far too many occasions.

The one and only "great" thing Ireland ever did for us ... was he discovered Cameron Wake, and got him to come here. Everything else he did for us, was complete trash.

Our 2013 draft alone, puts Jeff Ireland head and shoulders above anyone else, as the worst GM in Phins history. Ireland was a total abomination. He couldnt scout talent ... his drafts were terrible ... he wasted so much cap space (specifically before the 2013 season) ... had poor relations with players and the fans, which led to no one wanting to come and play here, which led to him being terrible finding and signing FAs ... and he embarrassed this franchise on far too many occasions.

The one and only "great" thing Ireland ever did for us ... was he discovered Cameron Wake, and got him to come here. Everything else he did for us, was complete trash.

He didn't really discover Cam Wake, he outbid quite a few other teams for him. So u could say he saw more value but its not like other teams did not know who he was.

It's like comparing a 1/10 chick to a 1.5. They both suck. Why can't we just steal Miami Heat management? Just one offseason of Riley/Ellisburg. I'm tired of having a shitty front office that is horrible at all three keys to building a team: draft, free agency, and trades. Our front office is what continuously holds this team back.

Nonsense...Ireland was not better than anybody.

We can debate the success or lack of concerning Tannebaum...but to bring Ireland into the discussion is laughable and pointless.

If you want to mention somebody who may have not gotten a fair shake...Dennis Hickey is a better argument.

I totally disagree.

Ireland...He is destroying the Saints...

I bet if we tried we could poach Brees.

Some team is gonna poach him...

Ireland is weird and completely incompetent.

Tannenbaum has been fine for Miami.

People forget that Gase inherited a team in SHAMBLES...

He made silk out of a pigs ear...

We have way too much $ in our offensive line which is still average.

We had and still have a subpar defensive backfield - although McDonald will improve that bigtime.

We have no linebackers...Which is weird...We could of had a couple of others out of this draft and last years too...

But that is NO WAY NO HOW all on Tannenbaum - such draft decisions are collective decisions and Miami has blown it that way...

We needed to be way more focused on being faster and more athletic on Defense especially linebacker...but people pinning that on Tannenbaum are imho incorrect.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, and a bunch of people will probably disagree with me again.

But hear me out.

At least with Jeff Ireland we had hope. Every year we would have the chance to improve the team. Sign free agents. Bring in draft picks. Sure, Jeff Ireland screwed the pooch every time when it came to picking those free agents and draft picks, but at least there was always a shot he would hit the jackpot and actually pick good players and then we'd have a good team.

Tannenbaum doesn't give you that. Not only does he pick bad players, he also mortgages the furture for them, and throws the team into cap hell in doing so. Trading up draft picks, trading away draft picks, giving out ridiculous contracts because hey, it's not his money!

Yeah, the Dolphins will probably look better for the rest of the season than they did today, because it's damn near impossible to look any worse. But next season? Next season will not be an improvement over this season. We are going to lose some of the few good, young players we have found, and we will have to replace them with scraps. The 2018 Dolphins will almost definitely be worse than the 2017 Dolphins.

There's no hope.
No optimism.
No looking to the future.
And the longer Tannenbaum gets, the deeper he will dig this team into a hole.

I never thought I'd say this, but this team needs Dawn Aponte. Her cap management skills were amongst the best in the business. Ireland blew all those picks and all that money. Now we have Tannenbaum, who spends like he's an ATM and trades picks like they're going out of style. The Dolphins are screwed either way.
Dawn the bean counter to save the day! Give me a break. To say she is the best in the league is a joke. To me it makes the whole post meaningless.

And everyone looooooves Stephen Ross but he's the only owner in the league that would let Tannenbaum convince him to let him run a team again. And let's not forget he kept Ireland on way too long. And hired the 6th option in Dennis Hickey cuz all the other candidates weren't interested in being forced to work with Philbin. He's made strides as an owner but we are still paying the price for his past mistakes

And everyone looooooves Stephen Ross but he's the only owner in the league that would let Tannenbaum convince him to let him run a team again. And let's not forget he kept Ireland on way too long. He's made strides as an owner but we are still paying the price for his past mistakes

I don't have a problem with Ross. He's just not a football guy. Not all owners are. I will say that he's always willing pay up when it's absolute necessary and in the best interest of the team. Does that make one a good owner? Ross is not the problem. From his perspective, T'Baum put together a playoff team for the first time in 8 years for this franchise last season.......although we all know that team wasn't a playoff team talent wise.

Dawn the bean counter to save the day! Give me a break. To say she is the best in the league is a joke. To me it makes the whole post meaningless.
there was no one better at cap management than Dawn Aponte ... PERIOD!!!

Back
Top Bottom