Opinion: Tannenbaum is worse than Jeff Ireland | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Opinion: Tannenbaum is worse than Jeff Ireland

Jeff Ireland set the bar for suck. No one will come close it our lifetimes.
Indeed "like a boss"! Would have liked your comment 1000 times if I could for that reference.

giphy.gif

Yep. There's bad and then there's Dallas Thomas bad. Ireland was Dallas Thomas bad. 2013 sets a record in bad off-season

A lot of Tannenbaum's guys are struggling. Tunsil looks mediocre, Landry and Stills are nothing special and last April's first round pick can't even get on the field.

I don't know which I despise more, so I would like to tie them both to an anchor and see how well they float.

One offseason removed from the playoffs, 2nd game of the season, we lose, and you guys are ready to jump off a bridge. Everybody in our organization sucks. Relax.....

I never thought I'd say this, but this team needs Dawn Aponte. Her cap management skills were amongst the best in the business. Ireland blew all those picks and all that money. Now we have Tannenbaum, who spends like he's an ATM and trades picks like they're going out of style. The Dolphins are screwed either way.

I used to say this and people just didn't see the bigger picture. Aponte did a hell of a job with the cap. It was always in great shape and there was always money and contracts that were team friendly.

Tannenbaum is using up cap space but he hasn't put Miami in cap hell just yet but he isn't anywhere near Aponte in his approach. Dawn was much better at balancing the budget.

Tannenbaum was horrible in NY and so far hasn't been much better here. He left the Jets in cap hell and has us on the doorstep. He just gave up a 5th for a guy that was sitting the bench and injured. He gave a DT QB money and our run d has gotten worse. We drafted a DE when it was painfully obvious we needed multiple LBs and OL. He's all about getting his fat puss in front of the camera in the offseason trying to make the splashy moves. Expecting him to be different here is being naive. We are entering cap hell with a lousy roster.
Tanny did draft D Brick, Mangold, Revis. Plus some good middle round players. Tanny is not the problem. Everybody could see this team was off and that was on Gase today

I never thought I'd say this, but this team needs Dawn Aponte. Her cap management skills were amongst the best in the business. Ireland blew all those picks and all that money. Now we have Tannenbaum, who spends like he's an ATM and trades picks like they're going out of style. The Dolphins are screwed either way.

A lot of Tannenbaum's guys are struggling. Tunsil looks mediocre, Landry and Stills are nothing special and last April's first round pick can't even get on the field.
Stills and Landry are proven players. Tunsil is developing into a stud. Charles Harris -WTF!!!??? I see nothing in this guy. And Ireland was the worst period. Ever. The end.

As much as I abhor Tannenbaum, IMO he is not Jeff Ireland-level putrid. However that's not much of an endorsement.

Think about it: Until Ross went dumpster diving, the collective wisdom of the league saw no value in him sticking around. But then ponderously, although he couldn't get a GM job, Ross actually promoted him to oversee that position.

And then we have his go-fer, Chris Grier who despite a respected father and years in the league, outside from occasionally being interviewed as a Rooney Rule prop, was never seriously considered for a real GM position until TBum made him his token GM (in several ways).

Essentially we have 2 rejects making long term impaçtful decisions. How often does that end well?

Jeff Ireland set the bar for suck. No one will come close it our lifetimes.
Indeed "like a boss"! Would have liked your comment 1000 times if I could for that reference.

giphy.gif
Rick spielman

Back
Top Bottom