Opinions on Miami drafting Ryan Tannehill with the #8 pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Opinions on Miami drafting Ryan Tannehill with the #8 pick

Da GODfather

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Just wondering what everybody thinks about or draft selection?

Who is Thrilled?

Who is Happy/Glad?

Who is So/So?

Who is Upset?

Who is Pissed?

Me personally, i'm So/So. I like that the front office FINALLY grew a pair and made the move for a 1st round QB. I'm hoping that Sherman really knows what he's talking about. Still, can't help but be a little nervous. guess we'll see!!

Hopefully we can do something positive with the rest of the draft....
I wanted a 1st round QB too, but I am not convinced that he will be anything special. I hope I am wrong.

Just wondering what everybody thinks about or draft selection?

Who is Thrilled?

Who is Happy/Glad?

Who is So/So?

Who is Upset?

Who is Pissed?

Me personally, i'm So/So. I like that the front office FINALLY grew a pair and made the move for a 1st round QB. I'm hoping that Sherman really knows what he's talking about. Still, can't help but be a little nervous. guess we'll see!!

I'm so/so, I don't think we'll be seeing him on the field this year except for preseason, so it will be at least 2-3 years for me to develop a definitive opinion (unless somehow Matt Moore and Garrard get injured). You have people on here that love Tannehill and those that hate him, and then the rest in the middle. Truth be told, we won't know for a while.

Im completely thrilled. I can see this guy being a star. Anyone know when we can get his jersey?

Terrible pick.

Ryan Tannehill isn't a 1st rd QB. He's a 2nd rd QB.

Just because we made a desperate reach, and took him in the 1st rd, doesn't make him a 1st rd talent.

pissed.. he obviously wont start this year, (or shouldnt start, not ready), had other needs especially the way Moore played last year..

The only thing i'll give Miami is that Sherman was his college coach, if he wasnt that pick is unexcusable

Terrible pick.

Ryan Tannehill isn't a 1st rd QB. He's a 2nd rd QB.

Just because we made a desperate reach, and took him in the 1st rd, doesn't make him a 1st rd talent.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Any fan who wanted him in the first round just wants ANY QB in the first round. Doesn't matter who it was. Is anybody actually excited about next year now?

My preference was a trade down, but I am happy with the pick and support Philbin, Sherman, Ireland et al.

I'm luke warm on Tannehill and I think we could have nabbed another pick but at least it's a QB - a difference making position. I was dreading Floyd at #8

With all the trades going on, feels like a kick in the teeth for us to reach so high on this guy, we could have and should have gotten him lower or picked someone who will impact and will play from week 1. Perhaps the Cowboys moving up, and Barron re we picked, limited our trade partner options but the pressure is firmly on this kid right now going so high, if we don't start the season well the pressure will grow to push him into the strating job.

He has a ton of potential and a couple guys who can groom a QB. Spending a year or two on the bench will be well worth the wait if he develops to his potential.

If this pick is made with Ireland and Sparano in charge I am sure it is met with a lot more hostility.

Back
Top Bottom