Opinions on Miami drafting Ryan Tannehill with the #8 pick | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Opinions on Miami drafting Ryan Tannehill with the #8 pick

I loved the pick. I breathed a major sigh of relief when I heard Roger Goodell say his name. I don't think I could deal with another first round lineman.

Gruden in the final segment of the ESPN coverage emphasized that it's time for one of the Big 12 quarterbacks to step up, then he rattled off the list of recent flops. That topic still doesn't show up often enough. Chris Berman acted as if he'd never heard it.

If Tannehill had the same qualities but let's say came out of the Pac 12 or even Big East I'd be considerably more comfortable.

Or if Kuechly had been grabbed in the top seven. Tough to let that guy get away.

Gruden in the final segment of the ESPN coverage emphasized that it's time for one of the Big 12 quarterbacks to step up, then he rattled off the list of recent flops. That topic still doesn't show up often enough. Chris Berman acted as if he'd never heard it.

If Tannehill had the same qualities but let's say came out of the Pac 12 or even Big East I'd be considerably more comfortable.

Or if Kuechly had been grabbed in the top seven. Tough to let that guy get away.

Yeah Kuechly is the guy I wanted. Just glad he didn't go to Buffalo. Tannehill was over drafted plain and simple. I am much MUCH happier with Philbin and Sherman trying to get him up and running. Sparano and crew would have ruined him before the season even started. Count me in the so so crowd. Could have been worse... we could have taken Coples or gone OL again.

Ireland could have traded down and got him between 15-20, while picking up an additional pick. That would have been a nice deal for us. That being said, Im not overly excited but I will get behind Tannehill the 3rd rounder that Omar Kelly and other media morons convinced Ross we had to have.
Don't know about that. Rams thought they could trade down and get Blackmon, then when Jacksonville traded up in front of them then the Bucs thought by trading down to 7 they would still get Claiborne and Dallas moved up in front of them and took their guy (still ended up with Barron so not a bad consolation prize).

No guarantees when trading down that your guy will be there. It's been freakin 29 years since we took a QB in the first round...has any other franchise taken that long?

I wonder though if that is more with the offences that have been run in the Big 12. Most of those guys are coming out of spread offenses. Tannehill to me could be the one who succeeds. I mean of course I'm praying he does for us. He is the first guy with First round tools, who played in a pro offense instead of a spread.

He may not have been BPA but he plays a position that this franchise has needed for years. Whether we could have traded down and gotten him is a moot point...he's a Dolphin now. I hope this is the last quarterback we'll have to draft for a while, tired of having the QB cloud hanging over us every offseason. I don't think he's ready to start right away but I trust that Philbin/Sherman will be able to get the most out of him. Looking forward to a new era, hopefully it's a good one.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk 2

I'm happy. I think we NEEDED Tannehill. No question he has the ability of a top ten pick. I'd sit him this ENTIRE year, then give him the reins after that. I'm very hopeful. We finally took a chance and didn't play it safe. I think Dolphin fans need to be happy. We didn't give into the media pressure to trade up, we were patient, stood pat and got our guy. Everyone that thinks we could have traded down and still got him has no idea. I'm sure they explored it, but it's just not that easy, this isn't Madden. If Sherman thinks he can be the guy, and Philbin thinks he can be the guy, I believe them. They sure know a lot more about Quarterbacks than any of us, so who are we to dog on this pick. We finally have some long term hope at the Quarterback position. No better feeling than that! No doubt I'm getting a Ryan Tannehill jersey baby!! New Coach, new Quarterback, let the Philbin/Tannehill era begin!!!

Now I am PRAYING that we get one of these guys with our 2nd rounder:

1. Reuben Randle
2. Courtney Upshaw
3. Stephen Hill
4. Coby Fleener
5. Alshon Jeffery
6. Jonathan Martin
7. Mohamed Sanu
8. Mike Adams
9. Cordy Glenn
10. Bobby Massie

Not gonna lie, as much as I hate the guy, I wouldn't be upset if we took a shot on Janoris Jenkins if he made it to 42. Just sayin..

Here's to a FANTASTIC Day two for our Phins!!!!

I like the pick. Heck, I want to draft another QB too!!

If we don't draft some QBs, we'll never have a QB .... & we're dead in the water without a QB!!

People can hate, but Ireland gained a lot of respect points in my eyes in the fact that he took the chance on Tannehill. Yeah we all thought it, but it wasn't the safe pick. He's banking his Miami Dolphins career on Tannehill.

Back
Top Bottom