Opinions on Miami drafting Ryan Tannehill with the #8 pick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Opinions on Miami drafting Ryan Tannehill with the #8 pick

I'm satisfied. It's the pick we needed to make.

Nobody else was worth drafting at eight. Blackmon and Barron were off the board. We didn't need Fletcher Cox like some suggested with Soliai and Randy Starks.

I was there when Shula picked Marino lots of people had nothing good to say about him.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

If Tanny turns out to be a for a long time.s good as his potential indicates Ireland is gonna be around

Ireland has gained 100 respect points from me, now dont **** up the rest of the draft and lets get some impact players!

I thought I would be fine with it but right after the pick I literally felt sick to my stomach. Are there any examples of a hall of fame type QB with such a bad win/loss record in college? Or gotten their head coach fired?

One million to one odds that he's still our starting QB in 5 years would probably be too generous.

I just pray to god they don't plan on sitting him for the season.

I was there when Shula picked Marino lots of people had nothing good to say about him.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

If Tanny turns out to be a for a long time.s good as his potential indicates Ireland is gonna be around

Its a fair point, I remember it too. But Dan was taken a lot later and of the 5 that were taken before him, most were no good. I also remember that Dan had a bad last year at college too, so you just never know what lies ahead

I thought I would be fine with it but right after the pick I literally felt sick to my stomach. Are there any examples of a hall of fame type QB with such a bad win/loss record in college? Or gotten their head coach fired?

One million to one odds that he's still our starting QB in 5 years would probably be too generous.

I just pray to god they don't plan on sitting him for the season.

I don't know that but Dan did throw a lot of INT's in his last year if I remember right. You'd better ask some of the other older guys here if I am correct

In my humble opinion, the two qualities that separate elite NFL QB's from the Matt Moores of the world are 1) Consistent Accuracy, and 2) Exceptional Ability to Read Defenses. Occasional inaccuracies or inconsistencies reading defenses both lead to interceptions. Raw QB's will always have problems with #2. I'm not sold on Tannehill's consistent accuracy.

So, while I've been craving a first round QB for years, the best thing I can say is that I'm. Hopeful. IF we give him time to grow and IF we build his skills and confidence, then we might eventually have a Franchise QB. But, I just don't see a poor man's Aaron Rogers. I hope Tannehill's develops into Aaron Rogers 2.0.

I did not like the Tannehill pick. That being said, now that we have selected him, I am 100% behind him. I hope he reaches his full potential and solidifies the position for the next 15 years for us.

Ireland could have traded down and got him between 15-20, while picking up an additional pick. That would have been a nice deal for us. That being said, Im not overly excited but I will get behind Tannehill the 3rd rounder that Omar Kelly and other media morons convinced Ross we had to have.

Not a bad or great pick. But now that Tannehill is a dolphin, I will support him 100%.

I really like the pick and think he is in the perfect situation here. Miami will likely take it's lumps this year (too many needs still), but Tannehill can probably sit and learn for at least half the season with coaches who can develop quarterbacks. We are not talking about Tony Sparano or Dave Wannestedt here. Look what Philibin did with Matt Flynn. Anyone disagree that Tannehill has way more upside?

Back
Top Bottom