Other Sports people.......... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Other Sports people..........

i have the seventh pick in a money league, from these available players who should i pick:
David Ortiz(has played like a stud)
Carlos Beltran
Miguel Cabrera (has a lot of potential)
Chase Utley (it would be a reach but hes the best at his position)

I have one question. Where are the rules for this league on the Yahoo page? I know it seems a little foolish to ask but I can't seem to find them. If someone could give me a link that would be great. I've NEVER played Roto-baseball in this kind of format before. I just wanna know how the "maximum innings" thing works.

Try the link someone else gave above. For this league here is a quick and brief rundown...

5X5 Roto league. Categories will be R, RBI, HR, BA, and SB as well as W, K's, ERA, S, and WHIP.

Yahoo can't cut list. Trading deadline is first week of August I believe. WEEKLY lineup changes (not daily). So, you set your lineup on Monday and you are good for the week. Not everyone can do daily lineup changes due to family, work, and other responsiblities......so to keep it fair to everyone just set your lineup once a week and your good to go!!!

I'm signed up (dirtbags84). Only thing I'd change is the weekly lineup thing. If you have other responsibilities that you cant set your team daily you are still able to set it up at the beginning of the week but by being able to set your lineup daily you can use your bench better by playing the hot player or the better matchup, or can take an injured player out sooner. Also, if you miss Monday you're screwed for the week, as opposed to maybe just messing up one day. Having it set daily doesnt hurt anyone, because you can still set it at the beginning of the week, but it allows people to adjust their rosters mid week if they want. My 2 cents, but the scoring and everything else looks good.

OK, 9 of the 12 people are in.

So, for you 3 stragglers get your butt in there so we can tweak any draft time/date and stuff like that!!!

speaking of fantasy. ESPN THE MAGAZINE this week has their fantasy section. In their Top 100 players they have Jimmy Rollins at #18. Ahead of the likes of Manny, Morneau, Jeter, Bay, Ichiro, Konerko, Holliday and Vernon Wells.....among others!

I like Rollins but that is wayyyyyyyy too high for him!!

The DRAFT is on Sunday morning. For the 2 or 3 of you who haven't gotten into the league yet..........do it!!!!!!!

Yo Mike, if those guys don't respond and you need someone else throw me a PM.

DRAFT IS TOMORROW MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So be ready to show up. If you can't make it rank your players. Do whatever you have to do. Just be ready!!!!!!!!!

NO EXCUSES if/when you lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DRAFT IS TOMORROW MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So be ready to show up. If you can't make it rank your players. Do whatever you have to do. Just be ready!!!!!!!!!

NO EXCUSES if/when you lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be pre-ranking and making it in...

I'm pre ranking though just in case. My g/f's birthday is Sunday and we are going to a bash tonight so it will be a late night....8 AM comes pretty early after staying up until 6 AM...LOL!

Good draft everyone.

Me and my bunch of RED SOX are gonna kick some tail this season. Watch out!!

Good draft everyone.

Me and my bunch of RED SOX are gonna kick some tail this season. Watch out!!

LOL! That was the funniest part of the draft when you said "This next pick makes me the ultimate hypocrite" and then I see "Josh Beckett" come up on the screen.:lol:

It was a great draft, went really smooth. I like doing fantasy drafts when the majority of the people actually show up to the draft and have some idea about what they are doing...

Someone should start a thread for this league.

LOL! That was the funniest part of the draft when you said "This next pick makes me the ultimate hypocrite" and then I see "Josh Beckett" come up on the screen.:lol:

It was a great draft, went really smooth. I like doing fantasy drafts when the majority of the people actually show up to the draft and have some idea about what they are doing...

Someone should start a thread for this league.
Good point
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?p=1061875915#post1061875915

Back
Top Bottom