Our schedule really works against us this year. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our schedule really works against us this year.

I hope the debacle in Buffalo last year did the Phins some good. Sure looked like a team that thought it could just show up and thats it.....

It's all but impossible to get caught looking beyond your first opponent of the year. Players itch for that first real game and coaches plan for it two weeks in advance.

The fact of the matter is Buffalo is legitimately being considered one of the two or three worst teams in football this year. It's not even the same team as a year ago, either. Aaron Schobel is promising to retire. The OL is still terrible. Terrell Owens isn't there anymore to go ape sh-t on Vontae Davis and break the game open. They're switching to a defense the players aren't particularly suited for, and the QB situation is still a mess.

I don't know.... Interim head coach, decimated offensive line, scrub Ivy League backup quarterback, etc... and they still have Lee Evans who's been known to burn a Phins cornerback or two....

Sounds an awful lot like the Buffalo team that beat Miami by 17 points...

we struggle against mobile qbs...fitzpatrick chewed us up with his legs in the last bills game...we still haven't touched josh freeman...vince young even with that horrid arm did damage cause he could move and avoid the rush...

i hope we've figured out how to defend these mobile qbs better...

I don't know.... Interim head coach, decimated offensive line, scrub Ivy League backup quarterback, etc... and they still have Lee Evans who's been known to burn a Phins cornerback or two....

Sounds an awful lot like the Buffalo team that beat Miami by 17 points...

Lee Evans = Chris Chambers. . . Just waiting and waiting and waiting for the breakout potential - and with mediocre and seemingly different QB's almost every year.

lee evans is a good football player...he's just struggled with a comedy of errors at qb...but he does not run the intermediate and short routes all that well...wants to get vertical every time

we struggle against mobile qbs...fitzpatrick chewed us up with his legs in the last bills game...we still haven't touched josh freeman...vince young even with that horrid arm did damage cause he could move and avoid the rush...

i hope we've figured out how to defend these mobile qbs better...

we have. we told Joey and Jason goodbye. and Id like to think Dansby gives us a better shot from the inside. watching Fitzpatrick score on that run so hilarious. it almost looked in slo motion to me.

i think just because our pop gun offense up til now and sorry defense didn't have any cupcakes doesn't mean there aren't any...i saw plenty of teams blow the doors off the also rans

we have. we told Joey and Jason goodbye. and Id like to think Dansby gives us a better shot from the inside. watching Fitzpatrick score on that run so hilarious. it almost looked in slo motion to me.

you got joey so intent on getting upfield and doing nothing anyways fitz sneaks out the backside with zero contain....ugh

this season could go horribly wrong in a hurry...it really could...better win at home cause the road is no joke...gonna have to steal a few

yes sir you have that right and that is my fear and we cant afford in season arrest , bad injuries and early retirement .

the big question is when was the last time we we beat Green Bay , vikings and the Steelers ?

I hope my fellow fin fans are not forgeting the horible play calling last year where we ran one play for pat white but never ran that play again, the sad thing is that one play with Pat White really worked. the only hope we have is if our offensive coordinator opens the playbook and mixes it up . that scares me more then the the current talent level.

To be the best, you have to beat the best. Didn't the Steelers have one of the hardest schedules a couple years ago when
they won the Superbowl?

i just hope we don't move the ball all the way down the field in the base and then the cat comes in and we lose momentum and kick fgs over and over...that will frustrate the tar out of me...we have enough talent on offense now where teams can be exposed if they cheat run or pass out of the base...we don't need to try and trick people to make big plays imo...

line up in the base and kick their tails...

I just wish we had another offensive coordinator... Henning lost us at least 2 games last year

Back
Top Bottom