Overrated college teams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Overrated college teams

Majpain said:
FSU,Miami,Gators=over rated.About to get flamed in 5...4...3...2...1.......

All the Florida teams consistently do well in college football. I think all the teams made bowl games last year as well.

Nappy Roots said:
look at their schedule...they arent going to lose a game...

If anyone else is undefeated the selection committee will take that that schedule into consideration imo

At this point, it seems like any and everybody can be claimed as "overrated."

USC - losing many stars to draft
Texas - losing Vince Young
Auburn - losing many of its receivers, star OL, star DL, early suspensions
Florida - Leak grasping the system, tough scheduling
Oklahoma - Bomar out
Ohio St. - Losing many defense starters and Holmes
Notre Dame - Defensive Problems
Miami - The United States judicial system (ok, lol...had to) transfers, suspensions, etc
FSU - program slipping off in past yrs

This could go for any team.
Point is, let's wait a few weeks.

Remember Tennessee last yr? That's bound to happen again.

The only knock against WVU is the schedule.

They are returning basically the same team as last year. Losing 4 starters on D and both tackles on O. The new starters on D will be faster, the inexperience in our secondary is our weakest area. Both new OT are faster but a tad smaller, which actually fits our O better. New starter at LT is lacking alot of experience.

Team speed is where all the experts said WVU was lacking. That is why Georgia was suppose to win the Sugar Bowl. We showed we had plenty of speed to keep up with them and improved it this year. Biggest problem will be if the Secondary can overcome a lack of starting experience in some areas.

WVU isn't overrated. They aren't ranked #1 in any poll I have seen.
This is a very talented team with 2 players on the Heisman watch list. They have one of the easiest roads to a NC game. That is why they are talked about by some to win the NC. They still haven't been ranked yet in the top 5 in any poll I have seen.

I think they fall somewhere in the #5-#7 range and they deserve that ranking based on last years efforts and returning alot of starters.

Saying an undefeated WVU team doesn't deserve to play for the NC because of the weak schedule is plausable. I could listen to that arguement and would possibly agree with you depending on what other top schools do this year. Overrated.... nope.

Kev83 said:
At this point, it seems like any and everybody can be claimed as "overrated."

USC - losing many stars to draft
Texas - losing Vince Young
Auburn - losing many of its receivers, star OL, star DL, early suspensions
Florida - Leak grasping the system, tough scheduling
Oklahoma - Bomar out
Ohio St. - Losing many defense starters and Holmes
Notre Dame - Defensive Problems
Miami - The United States judicial system (ok, lol...had to) transfers, suspensions, etc
FSU - program slipping off in past yrs

This could go for any team.
Point is, let's wait a few weeks.

Remember Tennessee last yr? That's bound to happen again.

Definitely tough schedule, one of the toughest if not THE toughest in the nation. But "Leak grasping the system" is definitely not a valid reason, especially given the history of Meyer's coaching career, his QB's always take off in the 2nd year. Not saying Leak will, but he definitely knows the system to a tee now, how well he "runs" it is another story.

VINsanity10 said:
well ive noticed there is a bunch of overrated teams in college football. And I noticed from the other thread by fins5423 that Oklahoma is way overrated. They should not be #1. So heres the list.

Oklahoma (Did you hear abt Rhett Bohmar??)
USC (Probably losing thier hesiman winners made them a lil bit worse)
Texas (Did yall know that Vince Young went pro??)
West Virginia (its WV come on)

and when i say they are overrated i dont mean they should be in the TOP 10 im saying no way they should be #1 when there are alot better teams like Notre Dame, Louisville, Auburn, Ohio State. Thats all im saying. Ive seen Oklahoma #1 alot and the other teams have been way to high.

Where are you seeing them #1 besides random posters on here posting their personal top 10? The polls that actually matter don't have OU higher than #5 and that was before Bomar got the boot. USC lost Leinart, Bush, White, etc.. but they always recruit well and have other players ready to step up. Their new QB, Booty, has a MUCH better arm than Leinart did and they have some solid RBs too. Texas might actually be able to run their real offense now that they have a true passing QB and not all that improvising running around crap that VY did. And WVU might actually be one of the most underrated teams, they are a strong team with a very favorable schedule.

Go by the only real poll out so far, not people's personal polls.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=Coaches

by the numbers, UF has the toughest schedule in the nation.

auburn is the most overrated team right now. texas and USC were in the national championship game last year, and they've had top 5 recruiting classes the past 4-5 years, there's no reason to think they'll have a huge drop-off. west virginia is underrated...

Majpain said:

The Gators have probably the best QB in the SEC

I dont know whether to say WV is overatted or not, I know for a fact that Gerogia didnt go into the Sugar Bowl with the right attitude to win the game.

However WV's schedule is favorable, this team may be the hardest to analyze....well for me

I'd say WV is overrated but I'd be saying it blindly. I don't follow WV or the big east in football for that matter. However, SEC, ACC, Big X, would be another story

WVU is good and their core players are young. I'm a Marshall fan, so breaking down and giving WVU credit is tough to do, but they are very, very good. All the hype could definitely be a problem though. I'm telling you, just heed my warning, the first game between Marshall and WVU will not be as easy as it looks.

VINsanity10 said:
well ive noticed there is a bunch of overrated teams in college football. And I noticed from the other thread by fins5423 that Oklahoma is way overrated. They should not be #1. So heres the list.

Oklahoma (Did you hear abt Rhett Bohmar??)
USC (Probably losing thier hesiman winners made them a lil bit worse)
Texas (Did yall know that Vince Young went pro??)
West Virginia (its WV come on)

and when i say they are overrated i dont mean they should be in the TOP 10 im saying no way they should be #1 when there are alot better teams like Notre Dame, Louisville, Auburn, Ohio State. Thats all im saying. Ive seen Oklahoma #1 alot and the other teams have been way to high.

I completely agree on WV but I also have to add Louisville to that list. No way either of these teams belong in the top 10. They'll both win a lot of games but it'll be because of playing in a weak conference with a very weak schedule.

Majpain said:

Hmmmm So I guess you really don't like teams that win alot do you? I mean those three teams do nothing, But win. When your team wins only 9 games and thats considered a down year than I am going to say your a great program and with FSU, Miami, and the Gators anything less than a championship is a failure.

Back
Top Bottom