At this point, it seems like any and everybody can be claimed as "overrated."

USC - losing many stars to draft
Texas - losing Vince Young
Auburn - losing many of its receivers, star OL, star DL, early suspensions
Florida - Leak grasping the system, tough scheduling
Oklahoma - Bomar out
Ohio St. - Losing many defense starters and Holmes
Notre Dame - Defensive Problems
Miami - The United States judicial system (ok, lol...had to) transfers, suspensions, etc
FSU - program slipping off in past yrs

This could go for any team.
Point is, let's wait a few weeks.

Remember Tennessee last yr? That's bound to happen again.

Leak Grasping the system? I would say that is false. Urban Meyer has already came out and said that he has changed the system to fit Chris Leak. The system will look alot like last year starting with the Georgia game. Leak will have a huge year! There schedule is really rough tho

Trekbiz said:
I completely agree on WV but I also have to add Louisville to that list. No way either of these teams belong in the top 10. They'll both win a lot of games but it'll be because of playing in a weak conference with a very weak schedule.

This is why I think there should be a playoff system. As a Louisville fan, I would love to argue that Louisville deserves to be in the top 10. Problem with that is that since there is no playoff system, Louisville doesn't get to play a lot of tough competition (the teams of USC, Texas, Dame, Flordia, etc...). Two games will make or break Louisville, those being Miami and West Virgina. IMO Louisville is a well enough all rounded team to compete with the top teams in the nation, but... thanks BCS.

OSU is very overated. How can you put a team that lost 9 starters on defense and its 1# Wr in the 1# AP slot?Ginn is not a 1# WR. He is a very medicore wideout. Wells is good,but c'mon he is a freshman. He will make freshman mistakes.

Ronnieisabeast said:
OSU is very overated. How can you put a team that lost 9 starters on defense and its 1# Wr in the 1# AP slot?Ginn is not a 1# WR. He is a very medicore wideout. Wells is good,but c'mon he is a freshman. He will make freshman mistakes.

You make some very good points.

OSU wont finish top 7 IMO

You dont lose 9 defensive starters, have a mediocre/maybe slightly above average offense and win the national title, it just doesnt work that way

Ronnieisabeast said:

I really think there Defense will be ok. They have got some great recruits on defense and now its just time to plug them in the system. There offense is never great, But Troy Smith has alot of tools to cause other teams problems. People will step up. I am not saying they are the best team in the country, But I do think they have a good season

Skeet84 said:
I really think there Defense will be ok. They have got some great recruits on defense and now its just time to plug them in the system. There offense is never great, But Troy Smith has alot of tools to cause other teams problems. People will step up. I am not saying they are the best team in the country, But I do think they have a good season
If you mean a good season like 8-4 or 9-3 then yeah they will have a good season. But if you mean a good season like 10-2 or 11-1 then no they won't have a good season. I remember the 2004 OSU team was supposed to be great and I think they ended up like 9-3.

Ronnieisabeast said:
If you mean a good season like 8-4 or 9-3 then yeah they will have a good season. But if you mean a good season like 10-2 or 11-1 then no they won't have a good season. I remember the 2004 OSU team was supposed to be great and I think they ended up like 9-3.

I doubt this team loses three games, But they do play in a tought conference and if they don't have alittle luck they could lose four games, But I just don't see it happening. You just really hate Ohio State and I think you only want the worst to happen

Ronnieisabeast said:

No way does OSU lose 4 games. They could lose to Texas no doubt, but you have them losing to Penn St, Iowa and Michigan also? If they get past UT them running the tables isnt far fetched. I could see 1 or maybe 2 losses, but 4?

DonShula84 said:
No way does OSU lose 4 games. They could lose to Texas no doubt, but you have them losing to Penn St, Iowa and Michigan also? If they get past UT them running the tables isnt far fetched. I could see 1 or maybe 2 losses, but 4?
If you don't think OSU can lose to Texas, Michigan, Iowa/Penn State, and a bowl game your kidding yourselve. Remember last year when 3# Michigan was suppose to be so good last year. Preseason rankings mean nothing. The same thing could happen to your "haven't won in bowl game in forever" Norte Dame.

Ronnieisabeast said:
If you don't think OSU can lose to Texas, Michigan, Iowa/Penn State, and a bowl game your kidding yourselve. Remember last year when 3# Michigan was suppose to be so good last year. Preseason rankings mean nothing. The same thing could happen to your "haven't won in bowl game in forever" Norte Dame.

Well I would have made my point with the Vols being ranked 2nd in the country and not even making a bowl, But Ohio State won't lose all those games. I can see them losing to the Wolverines, but that about it. Penn State will not be anywhere close to the team they were last year IMO. Who is you fav team ? Iowa?

Ronnieisabeast said:

It's Notre Dame. And they have nothing to do with this, but I'm glad you're thinking about them. OSU could lose to those teams, but they wont lose to all of them. If you think they lose to every good/decent team on their schedule I'm not the one kidding myself

louisville, they play nobodys, watch miami and west virginia stomp em this year. anbody remember their last good win?

Back
Top Bottom