Overrated/Underrated | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Overrated/Underrated

The point is that with the original post Pony made a statement used a blanket insinuation that everyone who is against Young holds that assumption just because he's black. He used that argument to further his by invalidating anyone elses argument as being clouded by racism.

hm.

Not by a long shot. Am I saying that everyone who doesn't like Vince Young as a quarterback is a racist? 100% NO, that's not what I'm saying at ALL.

I do not mean to imply that it factors into YOUR opinion. I really don't.

Just because YOU are not affected by race (which is awesome) doesn't mean you should make the mistake of thinking no one is.

I think all of that is true. I have tried to make it very clear that i am not saying people on here hate black people. I am saying judgements are made, unfairly, because of his skin color by SOME people. That's all.

Selective reading? Or do you just want to be offended?

I made nothing blanket about it at all.

I also disagree with NoPony because last year people wanted McPhearson even though that guy was crap.

How does that disagree with me? Do you think I was saying that all people hate all black quarterbacks?

I was saying that race plays a role in the perception of Young. that's it. Pretty much in complete agreement with you.

Trekbiz said:
That's your perogative to feel that way.
It dosen't make it true and I couldn't disagree with you more.

I guess if Drew Bledsoe was black he would have been called a running QB as well by all of us who are blinded to actual traits/talents/tendencies of a player because all we see is skin color?

Never saw anyone on here claiming that Byron Leftwich or Steve Mcnair were "running" QB's.......... guess they're white.......

What many of you who pull this argument out at any instance fail to recognize is that you alienate many people who may not have a racist bone in their body.

How you ask?

It's just a wee bit insulting to accuse anyone of having racist reasons for bringing up legitimate points of discussion.
Someone did call Leftwich a running Qb in a thread a couple weeks ago, but I believe that person may have never actually watched him play.

Miamibyrd_24 said:
I really disagree with one person on that Overrated list. Jean-Giles, to me, made things happen, pulling, getting up field, putting players on their backs. He the biggest standout among the linemen, if any one is overrated its D'Brickshaw, getting beat around the edges, showing he needs to improve footwork. Just my thoughts.

Yeah.

I definitely see where you're coming from. I do doubt his ability to motivate himself and stay in shape though. And he does get beat with DL rotations and stunts from what I have seen(Which isn't enough to give an analysis).

But I just think that he will not do well as a pro from what I have seen.

Back
Top Bottom