Patriots and Bills to open Monday night football | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots and Bills to open Monday night football

I know, it is so bad we sent ur booing fans home crying. It was also a defense good enough to make the playoffs.

I was there and I agree. We have so many spoiled brats as fans that I cringe when I go to the games. I dread the night games, when many of the season ticket holders bail and sell their tickets to kids who never experienced the many bad games & seasons we had. These days they have a game like that maybe once every 2-3 years.

I was pissed off by their defensive performance myself. They showed little to no adjustment thru the entire game. Once they got a commanding lead, Porter was just teeing of on poor Cassel, so I don't blame the offense as much.

I was watching the game on TV and the camera man and commentators were having a field day showing the pople booing and filing out of the stadium. I have to admit, I was loving it.

LOL! Talk about the Drama Queen. You win the title on Finheaven. At least you picked the right handle....FEEL MY PAIN indeed!

I do agree that many who do tune in are just dying for the Pats to fail. The networks love that. Guaranteed ratings each time they play, for years and years to come.

Remember in the old days when the Fins got that respect (hate)? Oh, wait. You weren't alive at the time.

The Pats are cheaters that's what people remember. I'm not the one one on a rival teams site sniffing for acceptance. I'm sure there are plenty of Pat fans who share your denial that all anyone will remember about the Pats is they are cheaters. Everyone but Pats have accepted this fact and respond accordingly yet you and your Pat buddies expect everyone to simply forget as if it has no relevance, well losing DP 's and substantial fines to both the owner and coach and especially a first round pick would suggest we never forget how serious the cheating was.

The Pats are cheaters that's what people remember. I'm not the one one on a rival teams site sniffing for acceptance. I'm sure there are plenty of Pat fans who share your denial that all anyone will remember about the Pats is they are cheaters. Everyone but Pats have accepted this fact and respond accordingly yet you and your Pat buddies expect everyone to simply forget as if it has no relevance, well losing DP 's and substantial fines to both the owner and coach and especially a first round pick would suggest we never forget how serious the cheating was.

Quick - tell me what the Broncos , 49'ers & steelers were fined and why? Thats just how much people remember cheating.

I'm hear to talk about the afc east. I don't need or want 'acceptence' from fans like you. I don't go to pats sites much. There filled with 'fans' like you.

Not much I can learn about my team there. Here, I can provide input and opinion on my team. I've never seen you post diddly about the fins. Are you even a fan?

Quick - tell me what the Broncos , 49'ers & steelers were fined and why? Thats just how much people remember cheating.

Any true NFL fan should be able to tell you why the Broncos, 49'ers, and Steelers were fined. I can't tell you the amounts, but I clearly remember why.

What all of those teams did, I consider cheating. However, I don't think it is on the same level as what the Patriots did. Salary cap violations might give you an advantage to sign a high profile player. That player is still going to have to compete on the field against other players. It is talent versus talent. When you video tape defensive signals, it is no longer talent versus talent.

I wonder how you would feel if it was the Dolphins that were caught cheating? I myself would be very embarrassed as a fan. I would not try to defend it. I would do my best to accept it and move on.

I do think you a correct when you say some people won't remember. I think those are the same people that think Barry Bonds deserves the home run record.

I will always remember that the Patriots cheated in 07. It leads to wonder how long they were cheating before they got caught. It is kind of funny how they won all 3 of their Super Bowls by 3 points each, and the year they were caught cheating they lost by 3.

Any true NFL fan should be able to tell you why the Broncos, 49'ers, and Steelers were fined. I can't tell you the amounts, but I clearly remember why.

What all of those teams did, I consider cheating. However, I don't think it is on the same level as what the Patriots did. Salary cap violations might give you an advantage to sign a high profile player. That player is still going to have to compete on the field against other players. It is talent versus talent. When you video tape defensive signals, it is no longer talent versus talent.

I wonder how you would feel if it was the Dolphins that were caught cheating? I myself would be very embarrassed as a fan. I would not try to defend it. I would do my best to accept it and move on.

I do think you a correct when you say some people won't remember. I think those are the same people that think Barry Bonds deserves the home run record.

I will always remember that the Patriots cheated in 07. It leads to wonder how long they were cheating before they got caught. It is kind of funny how they won all 3 of their Super Bowls by 3 points each, and the year they were caught cheating they lost by 3.

But the fins were caught cheating. They admitted it. Don't you remember? They used cbs broadcast tapes to find out the Pats offensive signals. ZT & JT were laughing about it. They won a game because of it. When it was 'investigated', it was covered up and became a non-issue. Mostly because their broadcast partner was involved.

The Broncos used their violation of the salary cap to win at least one SB, if not two. It was the only way they could figure out how to keep both Elway and Davis on the same team. Think they could have won one sb without either of them? I can buy 'talent vs talent', but not to that degree. Why weren't they stripped of their rings/ Where's the uproar? After the fact, they were fined a whole 3rd rd pick (Tagliabue was a lot gentler that Goddell).

I think the Pats broke the rules. I also think the penalty was as severe as it was because Godell was PISSED that BB continued the practice even after they tweaked the rule in 2006, not because of any advantage they garnered from their actions. then BB pissed him off further by saying he interpreted the rule incorrectly.

FYI, BB pretty much admitted he had done the same thing most of his career. Most of the league knew it. While many don't admit it (some did and do) most teams do something similar. As obvious? Nope, but they all are trying to get a competitive advantage. folks just don''t want to admit it, especially when it doesn't seem to help, at least in the W-L column.

But the fins were caught cheating. They admitted it. Don't you remember? They used cbs broadcast tapes to find out the Pats offensive signals. ZT & JT were laughing about it. They won a game because of it. When it was 'investigated', it was covered up and became a non-issue. Mostly because their broadcast partner was involved.

The Broncos used their violation of the salary cap to win at least one SB, if not two. It was the only way they could figure out how to keep both Elway and Davis on the same team. Think they could have won one sb without either of them? I can buy 'talent vs talent', but not to that degree. Why weren't they stripped of their rings/ Where's the uproar? After the fact, they were fined a whole 3rd rd pick (Tagliabue was a lot gentler that Goddell).

I think the Pats broke the rules. I also think the penalty was as severe as it was because Godell was PISSED that BB continued the practice even after they tweaked the rule in 2006, not because of any advantage they garnered from their actions. then BB pissed him off further by saying he interpreted the rule incorrectly.

FYI, BB pretty much admitted he had done the same thing most of his career. Most of the league knew it. While many don't admit it (some did and do) most teams do something similar. As obvious? Nope, but they all are trying to get a competitive advantage. folks just don''t want to admit it, especially when it doesn't seem to help, at least in the W-L column.

The Dolphins were caught cheating? :lol: If the Dolphins were cheating why would Zach and Jason tell everyone about it?

Studying television tapes is not against NFL rules. Having a man on your sideline dressed in coaching attire with a video camera to videotape the other team's signals is against NFL rules.

The Broncos cheated, but the players still had to play the game on the field. Is it not possible that the Broncos could have found a way to keep both Elway and Davis? Is it not possible that either one of them might have taken a pay cut to keep the team together? The Broncos cheated, but had no advantage on the field. It was player against player. That is not the case with the Pats.

If the Patriots gained no advantage by cheating, then why is it that the season they got caught cheating they lost the Super Bowl? They had more talent in 07 than any other Super Bowl run. All of the Patriots Super Bowl wins were by a field goal. In my mind, I feel that those games could have been very different had the Pats not cheated. Just my opinion though.

We both agree the Patriots cheated. The difference between you and me is you think it is no big deal and everyone does it. I feel differently. I do think every team tries to gain an advantage, but most do it within the rules of the NFL. Only a few teams have crossed that line, and those teams and their fans should be embarrassed.

I'm hear to talk about the afc east. I don't need or want 'acceptence' from fans like you. I don't go to pats sites much. There filled with 'fans' like you.

Not much I can learn about my team there. Here, I can provide input and opinion on my team. I've never seen you post diddly about the fins. Are you even a fan?

We don't need your denial or bias viewpoints. The Dolphins won the division by playing better than anyone else not by cheating and you're wrong if you think the AFC east fans forget the Pats are cheaters. No ones forgotten the Bills lost 4 SB's in a row no one will forget the Pats cheatd.

We don't need your denial or bias viewpoints. The Dolphins won the division by playing better than anyone else not by cheating and you're wrong if you think the AFC east fans forget the Pats are cheaters. No ones forgotten the Bills lost 4 SB's in a row no one will forget the Pats cheatd.

And nobody will forget the Fins haven't be relevant in 30yrs, haven't won a playoff game in a decade, and are unlikey to do so anytime soon. Blame it on the 'cheaters' if it makes you feel better. No skin off my nose. I find it amusing.

Whats this thread about, the Pats cheating or the opening Monday night game.

If it's about the Pats cheating, its odd how all the evidence was destroyed without any kind of official revelation as to what actually took place.
The details must have been pretty embarrassing for someone. Possibly a good deal more would have been brought into question regarding how legitimate one or two of those rings actually were.

If its about the Bills Monday night game, if the location was Buffalo, it could end up being as entertaining as the Dallas game was.

The Bills walk in with two strikes against them, playing a superior team/coach at home, who now have a boatload of high picks in this draft that will only help them fill what holes they have further.

What the only wild cards in IMO are is that the Pats have no "tape" on the Bills this season and will have to adjust as the game progresses to any new schemes etc. the Bills put on the field.

Also Brady might not be 100% while the Bills young team takes a step forward and hits on a couple of players in positions of need in the draft who can start right away. And Septembers a long way off for both clubs, a lot can change from now till then.

Anything can happen this 1st week, they are the most difficult to lay any kind of spread on. Pats likely win, but it could be closer than many want to admit.

What the only wild cards in IMO are is that the Pats have no "tape" on the Bills this season and will have to adjust as the game progresses to any new schemes etc. the Bills put on the field.

So many things about this. 1) Wouldn't that be the same for the Bills as well? 2) The Patriots have beaten the Bills to open the season before. 3) This happens every week one, and the Patriots have won the past 5 openers 4) The Dolphins will finish 6-10.

Not only that. But what about last season when there was no "tape"? Or the season before that where there were no "tapes". I understand it's Buffalo we're talking about here but every team would've obviously changed up their defensive signals for their meeting with the Patriots (although it's been stated by alot of coaches that they change them every week anyways as everyteam tries to get them somehow). So give me a break on looking for reasons the Patriots will again dominate the AFC East and just suck it up - they're better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats this thread about, the Pats cheating or the opening Monday night game.

If it's about the Pats cheating, its odd how all the evidence was destroyed without any kind of official revelation as to what actually took place.
The details must have been pretty embarrassing for someone. Possibly a good deal more would have been brought into question regarding how legitimate one or two of those rings actually were.

If its about the Bills Monday night game, if the location was Buffalo, it could end up being as entertaining as the Dallas game was.

The Bills walk in with two strikes against them, playing a superior team/coach at home, who now have a boatload of high picks in this draft that will only help them fill what holes they have further.

Also Brady might not be 100% while the Bills young team takes a step forward and hits on a couple of players in positions of need in the draft who can start right away. And Septembers a long way off for both clubs, a lot can change from now till then.

Anything can happen this 1st week, they are the most difficult to lay any kind of spread on. Pats likely win, but it could be closer than many want to admit.

It goes both ways. Nobody has tape of the Pats offense with Galloway & Taylor on the roster.

I don't think it matters much where the game is played, particularly for a night game. The Pats get so many primetime games that it's more an inconvinience than anything else. Many STH's sell their tix. Half the fans will leave before the end of the 3rd qtr so they can get to work the next day, so there goes HFA.

The Bills have played the Pats tough at Gillette a number of times. They opened there in '06 or '07, took an immediate lead and ended up losing by 2 (19-17). It's a division game and those can go either way at any time. The Fins are the perfect example. Even when the team was at it's lowest points in the last 10 years, thery still won about half the matchups.

So many things about this. 1) Wouldn't that be the same for the Bills as well? 2) The Patriots have beaten the Bills to open the season before. 3) This happens every week one, and the Patriots have won the past 5 openers 4) The Dolphins will finish 6-10.

Not only that. But what about last season when there was no "tape"? Or the season before that where there were no "tapes". I understand it's Buffalo we're talking about here but every team would've obviously changed up their defensive signals for their meeting with the Patriots (although it's been stated by alot of coaches that they change them every week anyways as everyteam tries to get them somehow). So give me a break on looking for reasons the Patriots will again dominate the AFC East and just suck it up - they're better.

The "tape" thing is just a tongue in cheak stab at a little humor. Very little and now very old, don't take it seriously.

Your right, it works both ways. What I'm saying is that it's the 1st game of the season. not the 4th, so both teams will be implementing new wrinkles to old plays, new plays to old wrinkles, theres no new tape for either coaching staff to work with in their game planning.

This could help either team, but Belichick, who has proven he can quickly adjust could have the edge, especially if the Bills revert to their predictable ways. It helps both teams, true, but may allow the Bills to pull a 1st down, or score out of the hat that they may not have got later in the season.

Brady will be good and will probably improve from quarter to quarter. I expect if he isn't 100% on Monday nights contest, he will be there by the end of September.

Both teams will have new players on the roster. The Pats will be strong, what more needs to be said.

The Bills will have matured and will have a hole or two filled that presently isn't occupied by a legitimate starter. Hopefully for Buffalo, the coaching and the quality of the Bills product on the field, aside from special teams, will improve.

Of course I would like to see the Bills win, loosing is never acceptable. If the Bills do loose, (hey the teams play to win, right, or there would be no NFL), I can stomach a close, well played contest so much more easily than a disgraceful nationaly televised blowout.

The Stadium advantage may not be that significant. It may in fact take some of the pressure off Buffalo who would be trying to impress a home crowd that may go hostile in a hurry if one or two things go wrong early.

so, the Pats have beaten the bills like 10 games in a row or something, is this the year the bills beat them at least once? I don't know if they do, but it won't be like years past. The Bills have a really good offense now.. but so do the pats, and theirs is better.

And nobody will forget the Fins haven't be relevant in 30yrs, haven't won a playoff game in a decade, and are unlikey to do so anytime soon. Blame it on the 'cheaters' if it makes you feel better. No skin off my nose. I find it amusing.

And yet Miami is in the top 2 winningest teams of all time in the NFL, the only undefeated season and the winningest HC in NFL history. The Pats have only been a cheating team the last 7 years, consequently they have been winning the last 7 years, do the math. Everyone knows the Pats are cheaters, deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom