Patriots and Bills to open Monday night football | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots and Bills to open Monday night football

Also , they have a show sunday night in forboro at the razer,it was listed in ticket master and i was going to the concert so wondered where they are going to start .

How about on the road, like in Buffalo. Seriously this is a really dumb game to open up the monday nighters with.

With the brady return and first monday night game alot of curious viewer who would not have watched would tune it.

more viewer ship = $$$$

Sorry dont mean to be singling out your posts but honestly I can think of more intresting games then Bradys return. No offense. I just think your over estimating the amount of intrest non-NE fans will have in his health.

Anyone want to know a nice stat. We've only had 3 losing seasons in the last 20 years. A couple of .500 seasons, but mostly 9-7 =D.

We have 380 regular season wins. We have 272 Losses.
We have 20 wins in the playoffs. We have 20 losses.
We have 400 wins all together (Most in the NFL). We have 292 losses all together.
We have 5 SB Appearances: 1971, 1972, 1973, 1982, 1984.
We have 2 SB wins. =[

So... we have not been to the SB since 1985, but we have been very relevant. Even though it took us 7 years to get to the playoffs, we have had mostly winning seasons. The Patriots will go through rough times. Every team has these periods. This is our period, but now we have a FO that actually knows what they are doing.

The one thing we share in common is that we have actually good stats to talk about, unlike the Bills with 4 SB losses and the Jets who haven't done anything since 1968 =D.

As for the cheating thing, Fin Fans stop beating the dead horse. I've forgotten about 2007 Season. It's time to focus on this season.

Like we even gave a **** that we didn't make the playoffs. After Tom Brady went down everything else was just a bonus to an already lost season. And yes, your defense does suck. The Matt Cassel led Patriots almost put 50 on the board.:lol:

And in our first meeting we were beating you so bad we put in our b/u QB to play out the last quarter of the game. We used you like a scrimage team for developing our rookie QB.

And in our first meeting we were beating you so bad we put in our b/u QB to play out the last quarter of the game. We used you like a scrimage team for developing our rookie QB.

I really hope the fins continue to hinge their success on the wildcat. It was obvious that once the element of surpise was off the table, it became stale. With an offseason to prepare, they'll be lucky to average 3yds if they do it again this year.

I think it is a great idea to have the Pats and Bills open the Monday night games. It gets all the BS hype over with early.
TO will do little if anything to help the Bills. Few teams come right out of the gate looking great.
But you know ESPN and others will hype this as big as they can. Brady's return. TO and the Bills WRs vs the Patriots new crop of DBs.
Along with anything else they can come up with.
It will get stupid fast and in the end it will just be the same a usual
Patriots Win, Bills don't

I really hope the fins continue to hinge their success on the wildcat. It was obvious that once the element of surpise was off the table, it became stale. With an offseason to prepare, they'll be lucky to average 3yds if they do it again this year.

Obviously you don't understand the game of football. While the surprise factor played a roll in our success with the wildcat last year, like any other formation it's contingent upon the talent on the field and the execution of the play. You think everyone and their sister didn't know the Redskins were gonna run the counter trey, how succesful was that play they ran every single game? You should find a book on the fundamentals of the game of football before you come here and try to tell us what we will and won't succeed.

Obviously you don't understand the game of football. While the surprise factor played a roll in our success with the wildcat last year, like any other formation it's contingent upon the talent on the field and the execution of the play. You think everyone and their sister didn't know the Redskins were gonna run the counter trey, how succesful was that play they ran every single game? You should find a book on the fundamentals of the game of football before you come here and try to tell us what we will and won't succeed.

I must have missed it. Did all the players on the fins offense get injured or something by November last year? Thats when they were getting 2-3yds per attempt when they did try it.

Or did the Pats field an entirely different team when they met the 2nd time? If you were right, the fins should have rolled again. For some strange reason, they ended up with something like 11yds on multiple attempts.

The wildcat will be part of most teams gameplan this year thanks to the fins, but it will be used as a gimmick play going forward, not a staple of anyones offense.

As to the Skins, when you have the Hogs on the OL, you can pretty much do what you want and still get 4yds a carry. Nobody I know has an OL like that these days.

So it was obvious? If you had a clue then maybe you would understand that the Dolphins had injuries along the O line that made using the wildcat more difficult...

"they'll be lucky to average 3yds if they do it again this year." :crazy: Okay and if I would have told that the Fins would beat your patsies like a dog in their home stadium,, your response would have been like all clueless rival fans,,, da they were 1-15 last season..

LOL

Marino1983

I think it is a great idea to have the Pats and Bills open the Monday night games. It gets all the BS hype over with early.
TO will do little if anything to help the Bills. Few teams come right out of the gate looking great.
But you know ESPN and others will hype this as big as they can. Brady's return. TO and the Bills WRs vs the Patriots new crop of DBs.
Along with anything else they can come up with.
It will get stupid fast and in the end it will just be the same a usual
Patriots Win, Bills don't

If Brady's healthy the game will be over at halftime

I must have missed it. Did all the players on the fins offense get injured or something by November last year? Thats when they were getting 2-3yds per attempt when they did try it.

Or did the Pats field an entirely different team when they met the 2nd time? If you were right, the fins should have rolled again. For some strange reason, they ended up with something like 11yds on multiple attempts.

The wildcat will be part of most teams gameplan this year thanks to the fins, but it will be used as a gimmick play going forward, not a staple of anyones offense.

As to the Skins, when you have the Hogs on the OL, you can pretty much do what you want and still get 4yds a carry. Nobody I know has an OL like that these days.

Miami's Oline was not the kinda Oline they needed to run the ball conventinally last year, we were too small and didn't have enough talent to be effective. Miami started to lose players due to injury along the line, so what talent was their was being lost. Nevertheless, like I told you it's not about the formation it's about execution. Miami went out and got Jake Grove a mean nasty Center, they will have both Donald Thomas and Justin Smiley back from injury and they resigned Vernon Carey to a long term deal.

By adding Grove, Smiley and Thomas that's three players not on that line when the Pats and Dolphins played that second game last year. Miami will be a running team first. That's the BP/TS style of offense. I expect the Dolphins to continue to beef up the interior lines in the up coming draft as well as probably one player to compliment the Wildcat formation.

You can call it a gimick, but it's not and we will be a better team this year and the Wildcat will be effective for us. Unlike the counter tre, we won't use the Wildcat as our rushing offense, we'll use it as a change of pace style of play.

And BTW, since when does a formation get labled "a gimmick"? Because you say so? Well why can't we call the spread offense the Pats run a "Gimmick play"? They don't use that formation on every down and they don't use that formation on every passing down, so why isn't that a "gimmick play"? The whole idea of that formation is to creat a mismatch for the Pats to throw the ball. That formation is no different than the wildcat, it's a play designed to give the Pats an advantage, no different in priciple than the wildcat.

Also go back and watch the 98 NFC championship game between the Falcons and Vickings, they were running the wildcat in that game. Miami din't invent the wheel, all they did was create an advantage, that with the right presonnel "WILL BE" effective in 2009. Gotta love rival fans and their view of reality.

Gotta love rival fans and their view of reality.

:lol2: Coming from a Fin Fan on Finheaven, that's hilarious.

"Samson Satele will be our all pro center for the next 10 years!"

"John Beck is the future! I'll take him over Quinn anyday"

"How can they cover Ted Ginn he's just so fast!!"

"I'm thinking 11-5, 12-4 for this 2007 season."

"Cam Cameron is an offensive mastermind"

:lol:

How do you figure we hinged our sucess off of the wildcat? We used it in games. We did not run that formation for a high percentage amount of our plays. It was used at opprotune moments when they thought they could exploit miss matches. It did not always work but it was attempted. I dont know the exact numbers but I'ld guess we were seeing 4-6 times a game last season. Hard;ly enough timesa to say that we were hinging our sucess on it.

Our sucess was largely due to execution of the fundamentals. We played very safe football, very well. We kept the ball on the ground as much as the opposing D would let us. Our passing game was very conservative and safe. We moved the ball in small chunks at a time.

Our D's motto last season was "bend don't break" They protected against giving up the big plays. They played safe football.

This lead to the lowest turnover ratio in a single season, which was a key element to our sucess. We had positive numbers in our TOP another key to our sucess. Those are the kind of things that made us the division champions. The wildcat had a hand in our Sucess last year, that is true, but it was far from the only element in it, and far from the primary reason we won the division.

I'll agree with you on hoping to see more of the wildcat this season, as long as it remains effective. If nothing else it was very entertaining to watch and exciting to see what new wrinkle they came up with from week to week with it.

As for that second gaqme against you. I would frankly be embarassed by the way Matt (the jerkoff) Light behaved, and would instead of reminding people of that game. I would do my best to let that game quietly fade away from peoples memories.

As far as having a full offseason to prepare against it. That works both ways, my friend. Our guys have a full off season to prepare for you guys as well. see you on sunday and may the best prepared team win!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom