Patriots are low on draft picks while the phins are loaded with picks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots are low on draft picks while the phins are loaded with picks

Ya, I think he hit gold on Chandler too. Damn I wanted us to drafter Chandler arggggg :(

The perception is that he is great on draft day but the reality is that he is aggressive. You always seem to hear some news from New England regardless of weather it was a good move or not. It gives those guys in ESPN something to talk about which they love and is the reason they call him a genius during the draft. Ireland was aggressive last year and we loved it! I'm finally excited again and actually have some faith in Ireland...

As I said in reference to Ireland - it's funny how a franchise QB changes the opinion of the masses. The same applies to Belicheck

So basically they have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and a 7th
The Patriots have two 7th round picks which means they have 5 total, so it looks like this:

1st - Own
2nd - Own
3rd - Own
7th - Own
7th - From Tampa Bay

while we have a 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 7th

We only have one 6th round pick, but have two 7th round picks.

1st - Own
2nd - Own
2nd - From Indianapolis
3rd - Own
3rd - From Chicago
4th - Own
5th - Own
6th - From Indianapolis
7th - Own
7th - From Dallas

The Patriots have two 7th round picks which means they have 5 total, so it looks like this:

1st - Own
2nd - Own
3rd - Own
7th - Own
7th - From Tampa Bay

1st - Own
2nd - Own
2nd - From Indianapolis
3rd - Own
3rd - From Chicago
4th - Own
5th - Own
6th - From Indianapolis
7th - Own
7th - From Dallas

This makes me smile!

He sucks at drafting anyways. Not sure where his fame for drafting started, guy may be good trading picks for more picks but is not that great at drafting.
Chubbs

Brandon Spikes, Chandler Jones, Devin McCourty, Logan Mankins, Rob Gronkowski (round 2), Aaron Hernandez to name a few... I would say he knows what he is doing. All those trading for picks lands these kinds of players. As much as I hate the guy like you, he knows what he is doing, which is why the Patriots have been arguably the best team in the league for the last decade

Brandon Spikes, Chandler Jones, Devin McCourty, Logan Mankins, Rob Gronkowski (round 2), Aaron Hernandez to name a few... I would say he knows what he is doing. All those trading for picks lands these kinds of players. As much as I hate the guy like you, he knows what he is doing, which is why the Patriots have been arguably the best team in the league for the last decade

Tom Brady is the reason why they've been the best team for the last decade.

The Patriots will probably be able to run the two 7th round picks into three top five picks next year. But seriously, teams make the stupidest trade with the Patriots. Unfortunately, they are pretty mediocre at drafting.

I think Belichek trading their picks for players is nothing more than him trying to cover holes on the team that leak like a sieve. They were not going to win a SB with the CB's they had. The talent level of QB's in the playoffs is just to good and they would have been able to pick that secondary apart. Also I think he is trying to gather as much talent for Brady to make one last push at the SB as fast as he can. This last year he went away from trading down to trading up to get better talent. I wouldn't be suprised if he did it again this year before. They are gonna need alot better/more productive players on the defensive side of the ball to strenthen that D before the Brady/Belicheck SB window is closed.

I agree with you, although I woudn't use McCourty to support your argument, he's terrible. There's also Jerod Mayo and Vince Wilfork, and going back farther you can point to Richard Seymour, Asante Samuel, both now starring elsewhere. Sure, he's had plenty of misses, but who hasn't?

1st - Own
2nd - Own
3rd - Own
7th - Own
7th - From Tampa Bay

1st - Own
2nd - Own
2nd - From Indianapolis
3rd - Own
3rd - From Chicago
4th - Own
5th - Own
6th - From Indianapolis
7th - Own
7th - From Dallas

Do we def know that its a 6th from Indy?

Bla bla bla bla. If he didn't draft Brady we wouldn't even consider him that smart. I bet he has a lot more misses than Ireland . It makes your life a lot easier when you keep missing in the draft. He is great at getting picks.

If you look at NE defenses since Carroll and Parcells picks have moved on or retired, you'll see they are not very good. Onthe offensive side Brady make those picks better then what they will be after Tom retires.

Bottom line is Bellichek is a fraud. He'll ride Bradys coat tails to the HoF.

I SO effin love ANY negative Patriots talk on this site! The negativity is usually always towards the Jets.. I live up here in NewEngland surrounded by all these A-holes! I love how there's true signs, that the tides may be turning!!

Back
Top Bottom