Patriots inch ahead of Miami Dolphins with offseason moves | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots inch ahead of Miami Dolphins with offseason moves

I think you are over rating the pats and under estimating the fins. No point in arguing about it. I think our improved Oline is going to create alot of problems for the pats I also think our rookies on the defensive side are going to better prepared this year. I think Crowder and Porter are both going to rember Matt light and are going to abuse Brady.

Is that better?
For the offensive line No one knows how we will rebound
injury wise and what happens if Long or Carry go down with season ending injuries?

We would be in deep do-do...
Rookies do not automaticly play better the year after
Example...Samson Satele

Regarding Crowder and Porter abusing Brady
How many sacks or even game changing plays has Crowder had the past few years?

Porter was no where to be found the last 3 games of the season Porter had 4 tackles,ZERO SACKS,ZERO FORCED FUMBLES,ZERO INTERCEPTIONS,ZERO PASSES DEFENDED,4 tackles in 3 important games.:lol2:

Did he hit the wall:hsmash: or is he starting to slow down?:fogey:

Zach use to get 4 tackles in the 1st quarter

FriendMiamiRon:
definitely the other side of the coin & well spoken
am hoping we beat the odds & step our level up a notch or two in 2009
but your argument is solid

if there is a an element not accounted for in the equation
it is the ParcellsFactor
and it has consistently been a game changer for over thirty years

here's hoping to a competitive 2009
year two in the four year project

We will Contend in 2010

We are patsie killers. They normally have a hard time with us. Teams have figured out the spread that NE tries to use. How anyone can start talking about how good a team will be next year before the draft even happens?

I look at it from this perspective. The Patriots lost Cassel, Vrabel, Pioli, Izzo, and probably will not have Rodney Harrison back. So those are some pretty big losses, both in the locker room (Vrabel team leader, Izzo special teams captain) and upstairs (who knows how big of a loss Pioli will be.) Brady will be back, but it usually takes some time to come all the way back from that injury. Yeah they signed some veteran guys, who are not what they once were, but are still good, and they did pick up the #34 pick overall (that is what is most bothersome to me). So yeah they picked up a few and lost a few, so did the Fins. I would argue we lost less, and maybe picked up a little less (Wilson & Grove - Wake is the absolute wild card vs. Taylor, Galloway, Bodden, Springs.)
I wouldn't say that the Pats improved that much over last year - it seems like they are plugging a few more holes with veterans to make one last run, we are still building for our run!

I would break it down thusly

QB - NE slight edge

RB - Mia edge

WR - NE edge

OL - NE slight edge

TE - push

DT - NE edge

DE - push

LB - NE slight edge

DB - NE slight edge

NE is much better then the Phins. The offseason just solidifies it. I'm okay with that though, you can't expect to be 1-15 and then better then one of the best teams the last 10 years.

I wouldn't say that the Pats improved that much over last year - it seems like they are plugging a few more holes with veterans to make one last run, we are still building for our run!

+1

Tom Brady will be 32 and coming off a major injury. He might return to form, but realistically, he's past his peak and will begin to decline for the next 5 seasons.

the Fins need to get a new WR like Harrison is on the market.

Miami needs to continue to grow & compete
we are a team in the second year of a total rebuilding process
however,
nothing is resolved on forums or sports columns
the truth will emerge begrudgingly on the playing field

to the patriots I say: Let there be blood!

The Dolphins are the AFC East Champions until somebody beats them. The Patriots coulda, woulda, shoulda won the division but they didn't. Miami needs to improve this defense and the offensive line and they have a good shot at repeating in the East. There is a new Sheriff in town. It wasn't luck that the Dolphins won the division, when you keep fighting hard like they did many times things will fall into place.

I would break it down thusly

QB - NE slight edge

RB - Mia edge - you mean the team that no 7 in the league is worse than the 17th. mia avg 4.1 per carry and NE 4.4 per carry.pls explain

WR - NE edge

OL - NE slight edge

TE - push

DT - NE edge

DE - push

LB - NE slight edge

DB - NE slight edge

RB - Mia edge - you mean the team that no 7 in the league is worse than the 17th. mia avg 4.1 per carry and NE 4.4 per carry.pls explain

The Pats problem going into FA was not on the O side of the ball, It was a aging Defense. Looks like there game plan will be to run up the score like they did two yrs ago. We have to concentrate on being able to stop other teams.......Defense.....wins championships.......I will say their WR will be scary and then throw in Fred Taylor our D will have its hands full.......but we will be able to score on them as well.....

We are patsie killers. They normally have a hard time with us. Teams have figured out the spread that NE tries to use. How anyone can start talking about how good a team will be next year before the draft even happens?

i disagree with this. i don't think it is a matter of figuring out their spread offense. more a matter of having the personnel to match up with the wide receivers or a fierce pass rush to force them out of the spread attack. to be honest in my opinion we don't yet have either. i think a lot of people are underestimating the return of brady to the pats offense. remember we couldn't stop them in our house with matt cassel running the show. the days when we gave new england the most trouble were when madison and surtain were in their primes, along with taylor and thomas and we actually had more than a one man show getting to the qb. don't forget that was a very vanilla man coverage defense and it was before they gave brady moss, and welker. also every year they end up with mutliple first round picks, i dread the idea of maualuga falling to them, or the patriots actually hitting on a workhorse back in the draft. as much as i hate them asumming brady comes back they are once again the team to beat in the east

The Dolphins are the AFC East Champions until somebody beats them. The Patriots coulda, woulda, shoulda won the division but they didn't. Miami needs to improve this defense and the offensive line and they have a good shot at repeating in the East. There is a new Sheriff in town. It wasn't luck that the Dolphins won the division, when you keep fighting hard like they did many times things will fall into place.

try telling ESPN that.:crazy:

I agree with you that we need to improve on defense.
I wonder if I am the only fan that would love to see us draft 3 dt's 3 cb's and then trade for Boldin then we could finish 2nd in the afc east maybe ?

i disagree with this. i don't think it is a matter of figuring out their spread offense. more a matter of having the personnel to match up with the wide receivers or a fierce pass rush to force them out of the spread attack. to be honest in my opinion we don't yet have either. i think a lot of people are underestimating the return of brady to the pats offense. remember we couldn't stop them in our house with matt cassel running the show. the days when we gave new england the most trouble were when madison and surtain were in their primes, along with taylor and thomas and we actually had more than a one man show getting to the qb. don't forget that was a very vanilla man coverage defense and it was before they gave brady moss, and welker. also every year they end up with mutliple first round picks, i dread the idea of maualuga falling to them, or the patriots actually hitting on a workhorse back in the draft. as much as i hate them asumming brady comes back they are once again the team to beat in the east

Brady that not only shattered his knee, but also had it infected makes me seriously doubt his return will be as successful as years past. I'd make a guess that Matt Cassel may be, at least, on par with Brady's performance this upcoming year.

I would like to add this however, I just heard on espn radio (out of Atlantic City) that the Pats are trying to get Julius Peppers for a 2nd round pick, if they pull that off, essentially Vrabel & Cassel for Peppers than I would change my answer to they will have done more. Don't know how true, and sorry I have no link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom