Patriots inch ahead of Miami Dolphins with offseason moves | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots inch ahead of Miami Dolphins with offseason moves

I would like to add this however, I just heard on espn radio (out of Atlantic City) that the Pats are trying to get Julius Peters for a 2nd round pick, if they pull that off, essentially Vrabel & Cassel for Peters than I would change my answer to they will have done more. Don't know how true, and sorry I have no link.

Julius Peppers, outside linebacker, New England Patriots?

Turns out it's more than just daydream for creative-minded Patriots fans. According to a report by NFL.com's Vic Carucci this afternoon, there's a good possibility it will become reality before the NFL Draft in April.

Writes Carucci:

The trade that sent Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel to the Kansas City Chiefs appears to be only the first phase of some major wheeling and dealing by the New England Patriots this offseason.
The second phase, NFL sources say, is likely to involve a trade that would send . . . Peppers to the Patriots in exchange for the second-round pick (34th overall) they received from the Chiefs Feb. 28.
According to league sources, the Patriots and Panthers are hoping to complete the deal at some point between the March 22-25 NFL owners meetings and the start of the draft on April 25.​

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2009/03/report_patriots_3.html

Brady that not only shattered his knee, but also had it infected makes me seriously doubt his return will be as successful as years past. I'd make a guess that Matt Cassel may be, at least, on par with Brady's performance this upcoming year.

with the way they run things i am certain cassel would not have been dealt until they were assured tom is back and ready to go.

It's all good. Karma has caught up with that team. First the tape/cheating incident, and now the Larry Izzo steroid thing. Brady will be rusty, and who knows how the knee will be. The took a big risk letting Cassel go. It could get ugly, quick for them, and they still have old LB's.
Good assessment.:thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom