Patriots released Lawyer Milloy! (merged) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots released Lawyer Milloy! (merged)

Re: Patriots released Lawyer Milloy!

Originally posted by PatsWin2002
I'm posting this on the main board cuz it should be big news today...........

WEEI Sports Radio in Boston is reporting that the Patriots have released Lawyer Milloy.

Apparently they've been trying to get him to come down in salary and he wouldn't budge.....so Belichick said "see ya later".

He'll get picked up somewhere right away, but not at his $6 million cap number.

This should be big news today.........

Very huge news.

One thing about Milloy is I don't think he has ever missed a game in like 8-9 years!

Another thing is that he did not have the best of years last year, but I'm sure he will be out for redemption!

My guess is he will be Billy Milloy soon!

More power to Billy if they do. But we have faced Milloy, and a darn good defense twice a year ever since he came into the league.

Billy may be vastly improved and getting him definetely improves them, but with Milloy on the side of BillyCheck I'm even more worried!

I just think Check is that good a defensive coach!

Apparently Td has alrerady contacted Lawyer and they will eb meeting today or tommorrow!

Why is everyone getting their panties in a twist?

Milloy is good, but his best days are behind him. In fact, the most dangerous place for him to be as far as the Fins are concerned is where he WAS, with BB.

This is a great move for us. One of the better players on one of our toughest rivals is gone. The worst that could happen is if he ends up with Buffalo & then he'll be playing for a slightly less imaginative DC and he'll still face us twice a year.

At best he leaves the division, but there's no one on any team that should really scare our offense, and certainly not an aging SS.

RW can run over him here, in Buffalo, in NE, wherever he'd like to go:D

I agree obviously Milloy is ALL about the money........whoever offers him more will get his services.........period

We just offered .. its all over ESPN

This came right off the espn website:Will Milloy face Pats in Week 1?
Could standout strong safety Lawyer Milloy actually line up against his former team in Sunday's regular season opener? Don't bet against it.

Armed with Drew Bledsoe's endorsement, the Buffalo Bills have already made contact with Milloy's representatives and made an opening contract proposal, ESPN.com has learned.

The Patriots and Bills meet in Buffalo Sunday in what already is seen as a key matchup of AFC East contenders.

Several teams may interested in Milloy, a top safety and respected locker room presence. A few might hesitate to sign Milloy, 29, before this wekend, since "vested" veterans have their base salaries guaranteed on opening day, but Buffalo wants to complete a deal quickly if the financial numbers are right.

"We'd sign him right now and play him on Sunday," said a high-ranking team official.

The current Buffalo starters, Coy Wire and Pierson Priloeau, are solid defenders but not in Milloy's class. The two did not have an interception between them in 2002.
--Len Pasquarelli

Lawyer Milloy cut!

Seems like his cap number was just too high. Question, where does he go from here? Methinks he would look GREAT in Chiefs red. Indications are that he is talking to the Bills which could upset the balance of power in the AFC East.

Re: Lawyer Milloy cut!

Originally posted by War Chief
Seems like his cap number was just too high. Question, where does he go from here? Methinks he would look GREAT in Chiefs red. Indications are that he is talking to the Bills which could upset the balance of power in the AFC East.
it has...if he signs, the bills will be on their way to the AFC East title, the 5th different winner in a row

Re: Re: Lawyer Milloy cut!

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

it has...if he signs, the bills will be on their way to the AFC East title, the 5th different winner in a row

I thought you were saying that before milloy ;)

Re: Re: Lawyer Milloy cut!

So you are saying the Bills are just one good defensive player away from the AFC East title.

BB

Re: Re: Re: Lawyer Milloy cut!

Originally posted by bigbry

So you are saying the Bills are just one good defensive player away from the AFC East title.

BB
It's just my view...which counts for nothing just like every other pick...We could very well win the east without him, who knows?...but it certainly increases our chances of winning with him on...not only that, those pats games wont look like 2 automatic losses anymore...he knows the whole playbook;)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lawyer Milloy cut!

It's just my view...which counts for nothing just like every other pick...We could very well win the east without him, who knows?...but it certainly increases our chances of winning with him on...not only that, those pats games wont look like 2 automatic losses anymore...he knows the whole playbook;)

Agreed, he's a good talent to have on your team. But I don't think he stops you from losing to the Pats..that's a different matter. One lose player from their team doesn't disqualify them either.

Back
Top Bottom