Pats upset about the S. Davis TD. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats upset about the S. Davis TD.

not bitter at all...I just think it is hilarious when i hear all these fans up here tell me how they have been following the pats for years and years yet they cant even tell me who they QB was before BLedsoe. I grew up here. there were no pats jerseys, there were no pats hats, there were no pats stickers and banners and flags......hell, I saw more Cowboy and 49er and giants jerseys growing up than I did anything else, and i grew up mostly on Cape Cod.

but, like all boston sports fans, a team starts winning and all of a sudden they are long time fans, yet you can still smell the store on their hats. they did it with the pats, they did it with the Sox..it is hilarioius.

see many Celtic jerseys walking down the street??? I dont. but I sure do see a whol lot of shaq...kobe.....but let the celtics get good again......out of the woodwork they will come.....I laugh at them.

nephinsfan said:
not bitter at all...I just think it is hilarious when i hear all these fans up here tell me how they have been following the pats for years and years yet they cant even tell me who they QB was before BLedsoe. I grew up here. there were no pats jerseys, there were no pats hats, there were no pats stickers and banners and flags......hell, I saw more Cowboy and 49er and giants jerseys growing up than I did anything else, and i grew up mostly on Cape Cod.

but, like all boston sports fans, a team starts winning and all of a sudden they are long time fans, yet you can still smell the store on their hats. they did it with the pats, they did it with the Sox..it is hilarioius.

see many Celtic jerseys walking down the street??? I dont. but I sure do see a whol lot of shaq...kobe.....but let the celtics get good again......out of the woodwork they will come.....I laugh at them.

Yeah, like I've said before, the people who strictly root for the Boston teams are sub-human. Every trait that is comon amoung humans is not found with them. I think it's genetic. They don't care for their families, hold jobs, drive cars, etc.. It's strange actually.

But, on the other hand, people outside of that region are completely normal. They all hold jobs, drive cars and care for their families. Likewise, whether their teams win or lose, they never complain. They all started rooting for their teams in the womb and can do no wrong. If their teams were to win, there wold be zero increase in fans. I know that the folks in Pittsburgh and San Francisco all were this fantatical before their teams started winning, right?

Even though their teams are not winning at the moment, they all walk around in their teams gear, even at work. Amazed me too! I always thought that a teams fanbase increased with winning, but it turns out I was wrong. Every city outside of Boston actually have every citizen as a fanbase.

It's a funny thing actually. I figured that when any region's teams won, you'd see an increase in a fanbase. Sounds logical, but then I was corrected by the internet. I knew this thing was top-shelf.

Basically, a sports team is a sports team. They win, they lose. I for one, fail to see how whether or not some guy who lives down the street from me roots, doesn't root, or just started rooting has anything to do with whether or not the sports team wins. To me, that is what is most important. Who cares about what people who live around you do? But hey, that's just me. I'm more interested in whether or not my team wins than how long some people from another fanbase have been rooting for a team.

And really, why should I care. 90% of all fans started to like a team for a reason, and more power to them. I know a guy who started to root for the Phins in '83/'84 when Marino first came there and took them to the Super Bowl. Does that make him a bandwagon fan? I guess that label leaves you after X amount of years? I don't know, I was never given your handbook. If the Patriots have been selling out every game since 1994 (damn, I'll erase that stat later as itdoesn't support your case) then what are those people? I for one vote cyborg as no humans in the area were fans before '01.

All I know is me, and the team I like. I don't care about everyone else. If the Patriots had 17 fans, would that negate their Super Bowl wins? If not, then it simply doesn't matter. It's about the game on the field. All this trash talking and child games we talk on the internet is useless, hence why it's not my thing. It must be a good diversion though while you had to watch it unfold.

I understand it may be hard for you to watch, but really, it can't be all that bad. At least you can turn your insight into other teams' fanbases and the longevity of such. Seems far more important to you than the success of your own team. And that's cool too. You my friend, are a badass. You know how to deduce what makes fans fans, and whether or not they are allowed to root for their teams. And that is important, as there is a direct correlation between winning and whether fans should be able to root for their teams.

So, rock on my brother!

Dirtywater said:
Yeah, like I've said before, the people who strictly root for the Boston teams are sub-human. Every trait that is comon amoung humans is not found with them. I think it's genetic. They don't care for their families, hold jobs, drive cars, etc.. It's strange actually.

But, on the other hand, people outside of that region are completely normal. They all hold jobs, drive cars and care for their families. Likewise, whether their teams win or lose, they never complain. They all started rooting for their teams in the womb and can do no wrong. If their teams were to win, there wold be zero increase in fans. I know that the folks in Pittsburgh and San Francisco all were this fantatical before their teams started winning, right?

Even though their teams are not winning at the moment, they all walk around in their teams gear, even at work. Amazed me too! I always thought that a teams fanbase increased with winning, but it turns out I was wrong. Every city outside of Boston actually have every citizen as a fanbase.

It's a funny thing actually. I figured that when any region's teams won, you'd see an increase in a fanbase. Sounds logical, but then I was corrected by the internet. I knew this thing was top-shelf.

Basically, a sports team is a sports team. They win, they lose. I for one, fail to see how whether or not some guy who lives down the street from me roots, doesn't root, or just started rooting has anything to do with whether or not the sports team wins. To me, that is what is most important. Who cares about what people who live around you do? But hey, that's just me. I'm more interested in whether or not my team wins than how long some people from another fanbase have been rooting for a team.

And really, why should I care. 90% of all fans started to like a team for a reason, and more power to them. I know a guy who started to root for the Phins in '83/'84 when Marino first came there and took them to the Super Bowl. Does that make him a bandwagon fan? I guess that label leaves you after X amount of years? I don't know, I was never given your handbook. If the Patriots have been selling out every game since 1994 (damn, I'll erase that stat later as itdoesn't support your case) then what are those people? I for one vote cyborg as no humans in the area were fans before '01.

All I know is me, and the team I like. I don't care about everyone else. If the Patriots had 17 fans, would that negate their Super Bowl wins? If not, then it simply doesn't matter. It's about the game on the field. All this trash talking and child games we talk on the internet is useless, hence why it's not my thing. It must be a good diversion though while you had to watch it unfold.

I understand it may be hard for you to watch, but really, it can't be all that bad. At least you can turn your insight into other teams' fanbases and the longevity of such. Seems far more important to you than the success of your own team. And that's cool too. You my friend, are a badass. You know how to deduce what makes fans fans, and whether or not they are allowed to root for their teams. And that is important, as there is a direct correlation between winning and whether fans should be able to root for their teams.

So, rock on my brother!
Ouch!!! So DW Im wondering what your opinion Of Rodney was/is after that Stephen Davis helmet yank ???? It pissed me off BIGTIME it would have piseed me off if it was a Dolphin doing it to Dillon.

*EDIT*

Particularly Davis since he has had a lot to overcome this last year and I was rooting for him to make a nice comeback....He has always seemed to be a class guy.

zeke0123 said:
Ouch!!! So DW Im wondering what your opinion Of Rodney was/is after that Stephen Davis helmet yank ???? It pissed me off BIGTIME it would have piseed me off if it was a Dolphin doing it to Dillon.

*EDIT*

Particularly Davis since he has had a lot to overcome this last year and I was rooting for him to make a nice comeback....He has always seemed to be a class guy.

I am still a huge fan of Rodney. One of my favorite players. I was pissed that he did such a stupid thing (which he admitted himself) as it cost us a penalty at a crucial time, but the micro does not negate the macro.

I like the Panthers alot, and Davis is all class as you said. But I was more pissed about what it did to us than what it did to Davis. He was fine.

Good point though. Thanks for being able to to talk civily about it (though you always do anyway) :)

Sal Lisitano said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2166798

Ha...finally something does not go their way...and they're :cry: about it...I love it :lol:

1) If his players were so sure...why didn't B.B. challenge?
2) It was close but I agree...it was not a T.D.
3) Hopefully, the tide is finally turning...for the past 4 years...every call has gone their way...the ball has bounced their way...and now...they are acting like B!t@ch#$ about the bad call against the Panthers!!!

GO FINS!!!

were they upset with the tuck rule in `01?, I guess not. Hypocrite whinners!!!
and by the way they had a chance to challenge the call but they didn`t. so it`s their fault

Dirtywater said:
I am still a huge fan of Rodney. One of my favorite players. I was pissed that he did such a stupid thing (which he admitted himself) as it cost us a penalty at a crucial time, but the micro does not negate the macro.

I like the Panthers alot, and Davis is all class as you said. But I was more pissed about what it did to us than what it did to Davis. He was fine.

Good point though. Thanks for being able to to talk civily about it (though you always do anyway) :)
Heat of the moment I guess It happens I did a few dumb things on the field in my day...But to be honest I was hopeing on of the Panthers Olineman would have buried him ALA Turley....but that was the profesional way to handle it...I guess :D.

Dirtywater said:
Yes, calling me "pisswater" is an attack. Read your TOS.

As far as our older discussions, why keep bringing them up to tauntme into a fight? I don't get it. This is a new subject.
don't worry about that particular finfan posts, his posts never added anything useful in a football discussion. Nothing but trash.

Finfans got a break against the jets when Chrebet's TD was not counted as one. It's a good thing the jets still won.

Justasportsfan said:
Finfans got a break against the jets when Chrebet's TD was not counted as one. It's a good thing the jets still won.

Irrelevant to the thread.

Also incorrect, Chrebet was down and touched before the ball crossed the plane

Dirtywater said:

Actually he is still listed on the injury report as "Probable" (neck) but is practicing and no details if the injury occurred from the Harrison play.

As was pointed out, the disputed call was on a first down. Belicheck would have had to counted on an overrule that there was a fumble. Bottom line is he would have either lost a time out or it would have been second and an inch. The TD was a done deal the way we were running the ball.

I was much more concerned with the lack of holding calls against the pats. Peppers was held early and often and the officials looked away. Hopefully you guys haven't paid your ref dues and we can get some calls this week.

nephinsfan said:

You are lying through your teeth. I grew up in the New England area and there were plenty of Pats, Sox, Celtics, Bruins fans. Yes there are some bandwagon fans as with any winning team but it is not at all like you say it was.

And to the original poster it doesn't matter if Belicek had challenged the call. The Pats played poorly the whole game for the most part. Still would have lost anyway.

PntherPryd said:
Actually he is still listed on the injury report as "Probable" (neck) but is practicing and no details if the injury occurred from the Harrison play.

As was pointed out, the disputed call was on a first down. Belicheck would have had to counted on an overrule that there was a fumble. Bottom line is he would have either lost a time out or it would have been second and an inch. The TD was a done deal the way we were running the ball.

I was much more concerned with the lack of holding calls against the pats. Peppers was held early and often and the officials looked away. Hopefully you guys haven't paid your ref dues and we can get some calls this week.

I was unaware Davis was hurt as a result of the play. I thought he just had the helmet taken off. I never want to see injuries. Sorry.

And oh man, tell me one team that doesn't complain about the calls. I thought you guys got away with a ton of calls, but you won, so I won't use that as an excuse. Never will. If we wanted to win, we should have played better.

Guess it's cool to now use it as a crutch even when you win?! :shakeno:

Dirtywater said:

So, rock on my brother!

well you got one thing right...I am a badass:D

nephinsfan said:
well you got one thing right...I am a badass:D

Thanks for validating my entire post. Now I have a team to cheer for, shouldn't you be on patrol? ;)

Minvardar said:
You are lying through your teeth. I grew up in the New England area and there were plenty of Pats, Sox, Celtics, Bruins fans. Yes there are some bandwagon fans as with any winning team but it is not at all like you say it was.

And to the original poster it doesn't matter if Belicek had challenged the call. The Pats played poorly the whole game for the most part. Still would have lost anyway.

no I am not lying through my teeth. In the eighties it was niners jerseys..in the 90's it was cowboy jerseys...and the number 1 excuse that I always loved to hear " I root for the Giants cause my dad does, and they were here before the pats, and well, I like to see the pats win cause I live here, there is not much to root for" what the hell is that???

I actually became a fan of the phins before Marino. I have the logo tattooed on my arm. I have been and will be with them for the long run. suffered through the Jonson years, the wanny years....of course only 2 losing seasons in my time frame...I wore my Duper jersey to school the day after the loss in the SB to the niners. Funny I dont remember seeing any "berry the bears" shirts after that SB though....except on the clearance rack!:D

Back
Top Bottom