Pauline: Fins seem "locked" in on Lamp at 22 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pauline: Fins seem "locked" in on Lamp at 22

I like Lamp and would be fine with him at 22 but I don't believe the FO will do that. I'm 99% sure that we'll go defense at 22. I've been wanting a dynamic DE for a long time. Not just a base DE that can play the run(which I know is important)but a dynamic pass rushing DE that will make plays when we need them. I'm pretty sure there will be at least a couple of those guys on the board at 22. If we get our DE at 22 then we should go guard at 54 if the right guy is there. FS/LB at 97........this is where I wish we hadn't made that bad trade. We could get a FS and a LB with 2 picks in round 3....smh

Ozzy rules!!

Definitely too short!

ac211f31787322665d9e2e2f5d1b4ecf--steampunk-halloween-steampunk-diy.jpg

Thank God for posts like these. I love you man....

Didn't the Patriots win a Super Bowl with a pair of one million dollar guards? Guard in the first round is such a teeth pulling. Trade down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't the Patriots win a Super Bowl with a pair of one million dollar guards? Guard in the first round is such a teeth pulling. Trade down.

Yes, along with Tom Brady,BB and a top defense. The fact they did it doesn't mean we will but I get your point

Ozzy rules!!

I guess that when Bill Bellicheck is drafting offensive lineman good things happen

Jimmy Johnson wasn't a big believer in using early picks for Olineman.
I recall in a draft publication in the 90s he stated that he placed most value in those who touch the football the most (on offense) and those who are closest to the football ( front 7) on defense.
I don't necessarily agree with that, because each player is different.
I'd be OK with Lamp, but he's regarded by some as the best OL in the draft and he may not make it to 22.

I recall in a draft publication in the 90s he stated that he placed most value in those who touch the football the most (on offense) and those who are closest to the football ( front 7) on defense.
I'd be OK with Lamp, but he's regarded by some as the best OL in the draft and he may not make it to 22.

Many of the Mocks I saw had Lamp going to Denver, with Barnett, Foster, Reddick, Peppers, Charlton and Harris all off the board by 22. If Denver takes Lamp that means Ramcyzk drops. I think in the event Lamp is gone, Willis or Davis would be available and both are a bit of a reach at 22.

The same guy who used his highest pick on RBs two years in a row and a WR who barely played the year before? Awesome. Should definitely follow his old timey advice.

The same guy who used his highest pick on RBs two years in a row and a WR who barely played the year before? Awesome. Should definitely follow his old timey advice.

I didn't say I agreed with him. And that quote was during his tenure as Dallas HC, when he won 2 SBs. The NFL is a copycat league and at the time, JJ was the guru who everyone wanted to model their franchise on. I only brought it up because their was a reference to BB and his drafting OL in mid rounds.
My point is that there is no magic formula to building a winning team. Championship teams have been built with multiple different philosophies.

Why do we need a great G so bad? Simple, with so many Elite pass rushers being drafted, wee need the best antidote!

Here's the question. While there are some good interior OL in this class the drop off from Lamp to the next guy is significant. Where as the DEs after Garrett are all pretty close (in relative terms). Does the team think the drop off from the DEs available at 22 and in round 2 are more significant than the dropoff from Lamp to the next guy

Back
Top Bottom