People forget that the Pats and Jets... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

People forget that the Pats and Jets...

I agree with you man. the pats right now are imo the best team in the league. are they beatable? of course they are, but they are not only winning games, they are winning in dominant fashion. how many teams go into pittsburgh and win like they did, especially in primetime?

i
dont know how the hell they keep doing it, and i keep sitting here baffled. i mean they plug guys in like woodhead,who barely got on the field with the jets, and now he plays a real solid role for the pats. everyone you plug in their , they keep scoring points. people including myself thought when they traded moss their offense would take a hit, but they look better than ever.
as for the jets matching up with the pats next week, the jets will have lots of trouble. the jets secondary ( revis) is very good at keeping big time wr out of the game, but a team like the pats does not have a real number 1. they got lots of guys who are capable of catching the ball like welker, tate, gronkowski, hernandez, branch, even woodhead. the jets also have no pass rush so brady will eat that defense alive. right now, i think the pats win 31-17.

as for getting on a run at the end of the season, i really hope we can somehow be 10-5 going into that final new england game, but even then i dont know if that would be enough with us losing all tiebreakers. our best shot imo is catching the ravens or jets for these reasons.

ravens remaining opponents - vs tampa, vs pitt, at hou, vs new orleans, at cle, vs cinn. most realistic shots at losing- vs pitt, vs new orleans, and at hou since its primetime and prob houstons last meaningful game at home. we need to finish a game ahead of them in the standings for it to matter, we cant tie them.

jets- at ne, vs mia, at pitt, at chi, vs buff. i dont know how the tiebreaker sitatuion would work with the jets if we finished tied with them with their losses being to ne, us, and pitt. i think for sure the jets will lose in new england and pitt, and obviously we have to beat them to have any chance, and the game in chicago, i think chicago is overrated, but the game is in chicago and the weather can play a big factor in that game.

if we need a win to make the playoffs the last game, and the pats have everything locked up, and its between us and the jets, im sure the pats will rest their starters.

lets hopefully get their first.

That really sums it up. They get rid of Moss, who pretty much dictated a certain coverage, and now they're better. You should really try living here and being a fins fan, lots of fun....LOL!

People here are actually denying the fact that Mark Sanchez is a very good QB? Jesus, get a clue. It hurts to accept the fact but the Jets have a franchise QB and we don't. We will always be third/fourth place in the division until we find a quarterback.

ya i here ya, but are they really worse than jet fans?

Well I don't have any Jets fans to listen too. All I hear about is how great Danny Woodhead is!

I think the Pats are Super Bowl bound anyway. I feel a strong offenisive team beating them in a shootout is there best chance to lose and Pittsburgh, Baltimore or the Jets would not be good choices to do it, when the Pats are at their best of course. Philly looks real strong though and Atlanta is no slouch. Another date with Peyton Manning or Philip Rivers couls also be interesting.

Jets vs Pats could be intersting but you raise some good points about the Jets defense and they were saying the same stuff last night. Unless they blitz they generally don't get to the QB and if they blitz Brady he will most likely eat it alive. Also the matchups again, they will likely leave Cromartie and Revis outside which hives Welker a favroable matchup all night in the slot. Not to mention the TE's and the RB's out of the backfield. I bet Woodhead has a more productive game then LT or Greene, I've been watching the Pats too long. Bank on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I don't have any Jets fans to listen too. All I hear about is how great Danny Woodhead is!

I think the Pats are Super Bowl bound anyway. I feel a strong offenisive team beating them in a shootout is there best chance to lose and Pittsburgh, Baltimore or the Jets would not be good choices to do it, when the Pats are at their best of course. Philly looks real strong though and Atlanta is no slouch. Another date with Peyton Manning or Philip Rivers couls also be interesting.
i can see it being a green bay vs new england or baltimore superbowl

No. To draw parallels is a huge kool-aid soaked reach. For starters, they're both building around the QB. They also have differing philosophies in how they add to the team. Jets have been far more aggressive in FA. Pats have been far more passive aggressive in the draft. Jets have risen from crap in the same time frame we've had. Pats have almost completely retooled their team without missing a beat. Wake up, man.

Who has the 50 million dollar QB
....and he's earned EVERY PENNY!!!!!Championship game as a ROOKIE and best record in football to this point as a sophomore,possibly a superbowl winning season.Yeah,money WELL SPENT......;)

Hell of a secondary he was going up against.

The excuses never end.

The Jets are winning with defense, not Sanchez. Sanchez has been average at best.

Apparently you haven't watched us most of this year. We are 9-2 mostly b/c of the QB and the offense.

the jets won with defense last year. this year it is offense (deep threat Holmes anyone?)

Actually Braylon has been the deep threat, holes is a threat anywhere on the field to take a short pass and turn it into a long gain.

I see a guy surrounded with talent on offense and benefiting from a killer defense still manage to just look OK week in and week out. I'm not someone saying that Henne is better than him, but he is still the most overrated QB in the league right now. If he weren't playing in New York, the media capital of the world, no one would be talking about him like he was the second coming. They would be commenting on how he can't put teams away and always take games down to the wire.

P.S.: If Stafford doesn't get hurt in the Detroit game, the Jets don't win. That win had more to do with him getting hurt than anything Sanchez did.

More excuses.

yeah, it's b/c he's playing in NY which is why a great player likie Curtis Martin is one of the most underrated players of all time. It has nothing do w/ him helping us get to the Title game as a rookie and stepping up his play as a 2nd year QB helping us to the best record in the league through 11 games?

the pats are the best team in this division. we got a lot of work ahead of us if we want to be able to compete with them yearly. they look flat out balling now. Brady's best year imo.

yes i understand that he will not have the great stats he had of 07, and he will not throw for 50 tds, but stats dont always tell the story. if you have watched him play, he just looks the best i have seen him in a while. also keep in mind, he is doing this with 2 rookie tightends, a guy in deion branch who he is making relevant again, a rookie we in ben tate, no moss anymore, he was missing his best o lineman most of the year, no real threatning running game although green ellis and woodhead are doing a solid job, and yet he is leading an offense to most ppg in the league.

pats are scary right now.

Brady is the best player but we are better pretty much everywhere outside of QB and NT. better RBs, better WRs, TEs even(we have the best but they have a better duo), OLs about even, we have better LBs, better secondary, better STs and w/ Gustowski out the K's are even.

The excuses never end.

Apparently you haven't watched us most of this year. We are 9-2 mostly b/c of the QB and the offense.

Actually Braylon has been the deep threat, holes is a threat anywhere on the field to take a short pass and turn it into a long gain.

More excuses.

yeah, it's b/c he's playing in NY which is why a great player likie Curtis Martin is one of the most underrated players of all time. It has nothing do w/ him helping us get to the Title game as a rookie and stepping up his play as a 2nd year QB helping us to the best record in the league through 11 games?

Brady is the best player but we are better pretty much everywhere outside of QB and NT. better RBs, better WRs, TEs even(we have the best but they have a better duo), OLs about even, we have better LBs, better secondary, better STs and w/ Gustowski out the K's are even.

Plus we've beaten the Pats already.

The Pats with Moss and the Jets with a one legged Revis for just the first half and without Holmes.

P.S.: If Stafford doesn't get hurt in the Detroit game, the Jets don't win. That win had more to do with him getting hurt than anything Sanchez did.

Did you watch the game or the Sportscenter highlights?

After Stafford went out, they got the ball back ONCE.

They ran out the clock the first 2...which they would have done with Stafford or not, then they threw ONE play action roll out pass where no one was open to make a play, Stafford would not have made a difference in this game.

I can't beliece you even made that comment.

Don't comment on a game you didn't watch.

I was making a point about Miami not making a title game sicne 1992 and not being close since 1994.

Using your criteria, if we win the SB this year we will be the better all time franchise since we would be 2-0 in SBs and you guys would be 2-3. I hope to see you in feb saying this if we are lucky enough to win it.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Biggest Clown on FH = This guy ^

Back
Top Bottom