People forget that the Pats and Jets... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

People forget that the Pats and Jets...

The Jets are winning with defense, not Sanchez. Sanchez has been average at best.

the jets won with defense last year. this year it is offense (deep threat Holmes anyone?)

Do you have any idea how dumb that sounds?? have you been in a coma for the past month?

vs Broncos ... leads team down field for winning TD in last minute.

vs Lions ... leads team down field for TD ... gets ball back ... leads team down field again for tyng FG in last minute ... gets ball in OT ... incomplete ... 52 yard slant to Holmes ... game over thanks for showing up.

vs Browns ... gets ball at midfield with only 24 seconds left in OT ... TD pass to Holmes .... game over ... thanks for showing up.

Vs Texans ... 49 seconds left in game ... no timeouts from his own 23 ... LT once ... LT twice ... Braylon down the sideline ... fade to Holmes with 10 seconds left ... thanks for showing up.

Apparently you missed alot. Jets COULD have lost all four of those games ...
but we didn't lose any of them because our QB was the best player on the field when it mattered most.
If you're on the other side, you better not be within one score of us if we have the ball late in the game ...
because you're probably about to lose.

Are you caught up now?
I see a guy surrounded with talent on offense and benefiting from a killer defense still manage to just look OK week in and week out. I'm not someone saying that Henne is better than him, but he is still the most overrated QB in the league right now. If he weren't playing in New York, the media capital of the world, no one would be talking about him like he was the second coming. They would be commenting on how he can't put teams away and always take games down to the wire.

P.S.: If Stafford doesn't get hurt in the Detroit game, the Jets don't win. That win had more to do with him getting hurt than anything Sanchez did.

So the Jets defense beat Houston? The Jets offense let Houston take the lead when they were up 23-7 going into the 4th quarter (probably Sanchez's fault right)? The Jets defense marched down the field with 49 seconds left and scored the game winning TD. Let me guess there was a 50 yard pass play from Jason Taylor to Darrelle Revis which set up the game winning TD pass from Calvin Pace to Shaun Ellis. Man that Jets defense always wins.

Sanchez is developing like it or not. He still makes mistakes but he also makes plays. I saw one play that I thought was a sure fire sack in the Cleveland game where he broke free and completed a pass. Henne would have tucked it and ran 1 mile an hour for about 1 or 2 yards. Sanchez isn;t flawless, I don't think anyone is saying that but anyone saying he's not making plays or making excuses as to why he is making them is kidding themselves. Which team has the 50 million dollar WR again?

So the Jets defense beat Houston? The Jets offense let Houston take the lead when they were up 23-7 going into the 4th quarter (probably Sanchez's fault right)? The Jets defense marched down the field with 49 seconds left and scored the game winning TD. Let me guess there was a 50 yard pass play from Jason Taylor to Darrelle Revis which set up the game winning TD pass from Calvin Pace to Shaun Ellis. Man that Jets defense always wins.

Sanchez is developing like it or not. He still makes mistakes but he also makes plays. I saw one play that I thought was a sure fire sack in the Cleveland game where he broke free and completed a pass. Henne would have tucked it and ran 1 mile an hour for about 1 or 2 yards. Sanchez isn;t flawless, I don't think anyone is saying that but anyone saying he's not making plays or making excuses as to why he is making them is kidding themselves. Which team has the 50 million dollar WR again?

To be fair, the jets have a far better #2 WR (Holmes) and they have an athletic TE who can split the seam to get those WR's open. An athletic TE who can move like that does wonders to draw the safeties away from the WR's giving them more space to operate with less attention drawn.

We haven't had a TE like that for a long time so it's easy to forget how important a TE like that is for a QB... nevermind a young QB.

Sanchez also has LT who is a great safety valve out of the backfield..

Just as important, the Jets don't have Dan Henning.

Marshall would look fantastic here if he had a seam busting TE and a real #2 WR like Santonio Holmes to work with. Instead, he has the slow Fasano and Hartline who are mediocre players at best, and they're players who defensive coordinators pay no attention to because they're just not good talented players... which is why Marshall and Bess are doubled (and sometimes tripled) so often lately.

And of course, the Jets have been able to run the ball a lot better than the Dolphins so that opens up a lot of things in and of itself. The Jets are 4th in the league in rushing !!.. and the Dolphins ???

You really can't compare the weapons Sanchez has at his disposal to what the Dolphins have. It's apples and oranges.

Jets have a solid D our FO had to draft D out of desperation - why the PW pick is beyond anyone, our D was a sore spot with the FO hence three early DEs selected in three years - the O is falling further behind, and a TE who can make plays and go lateral would be so freakin nice..., maybe he wouldn't just catch the easy ones but the difficult last minute sustain a drive kind of catches that we don't see on any regularity

Face the feaking facts !!! The Jets and the Pats are more talented, and are better than we are period. 10 games in, they have three more wins, and have both beaten us in Miami, what more proof do you need? They have better qb's, and better coaches than we do. Anyone who thinks we are headed in the right direction must drive their cars around in reverse.

The Pats are where they are now because Tom Brady is their QB. They got lucky and found him in the 6th round.

The Jets were mediocre for years after Parcells left, with a revolving door at QB. Then we traded up to draft Sanchez. He starts fast, struggles through the middle of the year, then comes on again at the end. We get to the AFCCG. Next year, he continues to progress and we're one of the best teams in the league.

A strong core isn't worth much without a quarterback to lead it.

I would thank you for this, but I make it a practice of never thanking Jest fans for anything ... Ever.

So ... :lol:

the pats are the best team in this division. we got a lot of work ahead of us if we want to be able to compete with them yearly. they look flat out balling now. Brady's best year imo.

yes i understand that he will not have the great stats he had of 07, and he will not throw for 50 tds, but stats dont always tell the story. if you have watched him play, he just looks the best i have seen him in a while. also keep in mind, he is doing this with 2 rookie tightends, a guy in deion branch who he is making relevant again, a rookie we in ben tate, no moss anymore, he was missing his best o lineman most of the year, no real threatning running game although green ellis and woodhead are doing a solid job, and yet he is leading an offense to most ppg in the league.

pats are scary right now.

the pats are the best team in this division. we got a lot of work ahead of us if we want to be able to compete with them yearly. they look flat out balling now. Brady's best year imo.

yes i understand that he will not have the great stats he had of 07, and he will not throw for 50 tds, but stats dont always tell the story. if you have watched him play, he just looks the best i have seen him in a while. also keep in mind, he is doing this with 2 rookie tightends, a guy in deion branch who he is making relevant again, a rookie we in ben tate, no moss anymore, he was missing his best o lineman most of the year, no real threatning running game although green ellis and woodhead are doing a solid job, and yet he is leading an offense to most ppg in the league.

pats are scary right now.

I agree 100%. I never thought 2007 was Brady's best year. Yeah statistically it was the best year for a QB ever. But his work in the Super Bowl years, especially 2001 were more impressive. Yeah the defense was really good but he won playoff games and Super Bowls with Jermaine Wiggins and JR Redmond as big pieces in the passing game.

He is incredible this year and the Pats will only get better. I think he's saving Old Man Taylor for the late season/slash playoff run. What's great is if we turn things around (biggest if ever almost not worth mentioning) we will almost definetly get a free pass in Foxboro on Jan 2nd after NE beats the Jets next Monday. They already hold all tiebreakers over San Diego, Indy, Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

It should be interesting with the Jets Monday. I'm really curious to see how the Jets approach this with their corners. Will they waste one of their big guns on Brandon Tate, who essentially adds almost nothing to the Pats offense with the exception of maybe one game this year, or will they move Revis to the slot to play Welker. Remember many thought we nuetralized Revis last year because he covered Tedd Ginn who we really weren't going to throw to much anyway. The Jets safties/nickel on Welker will spell trouble.

The biggest thing I commend about the Jets defense is, unlike us, they play matchups on defense. New England most definetly looks for mismatches which will be harder vs the Jets then many teams, like us, who don't move their CB's around. I hate when defenses let the offense dictate the matchups like we have for as long as I can remember. Say what you wanty about Wanny, and there is plenty to say, but at least he was smart enough to move Surtain to the slot on big passing downs. Many times he would be in the slot with guys like Marvin Harrison and had we put our nickel back there, whoever it may have been, it probably would have been an automatic 1st down, kind of like Benney Sapp is.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah... and drafting players like John Beck, Ted Ginn, Pat White, Pat Turner and all the other whiffs didn't have too much to do with our current situation.... The Pats are the best when it comes to the draft, and that's why they are the best in the league right now. They rarely miss. We perfected missing players in the draft.

Turner had a couple catches last night.....for the Jets

To be fair, the jets have a far better #2 WR (Holmes) and they have an athletic TE who can split the seam to get those WR's open. An athletic TE who can move like that does wonders to draw the safeties away from the WR's giving them more space to operate with less attention drawn.

We haven't had a TE like that for a long time so it's easy to forget how important a TE like that is for a QB... nevermind a young QB.

Sanchez also has LT who is a great safety valve out of the backfield..

Just as important, the Jets don't have Dan Henning.

Marshall would look fantastic here if he had a seam busting TE and a real #2 WR like Santonio Holmes to work with. Instead, he has the slow Fasano and Hartline who are mediocre players at best, and they're players who defensive coordinators pay no attention to because they're just not good talented players... which is why Marshall and Bess are doubled (and sometimes tripled) so often lately.

And of course, the Jets have been able to run the ball a lot better than the Dolphins so that opens up a lot of things in and of itself. The Jets are 4th in the league in rushing !!.. and the Dolphins ???

You really can't compare the weapons Sanchez has at his disposal to what the Dolphins have. It's apples and oranges.

The only time the Jets played like the Fins in offense was against the Ravens, last night I watched LT and he consistently would be open just by sneaking across the line and move up 5 yards perfect safety valve not behind the line like Ronnie Brown, Sanchez missed him 2 or 3 times where he was wide open.
You have to respect the Jets for keeping on track but I'm not blown away by their QB play, nice OL and OK D.
The Pats O is impressive.

Who has the 50 million dollar QB

I agree 100%. I never thought 2007 was Brady's best year. Yeah statistically it was the best year for a QB ever. But his work in the Super Bowl years, especially 2001 were more impressive. Yeah the defense was really good but he won playoff games and Super Bowls with Jermaine Wiggins and JR Redmond as big pieces in the passing game.

He is incredible this year and the Pats will only get better. I think he's saving Old Man Taylor for the late season/slash playoff run. What's great is if we turn things around (biggest if ever almost not worth mentioning) we will almost definetly get a free pass in Foxboro on Jan 2nd after NE beats the Jets next Monday. They already hold all tiebreakers over San Diego, Indy, Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

It should be interesting with the Jets Monday. I'm really curious to see how the Jets approach this with their corners. Will they waste one of their big guns on Brandon Tate, who essentially adds almost nothing to the Pats offense with the exception of maybe one game this year, or will they move Revis to the slot to play Welker. Remember many thought we nuetralized Revis last year because he covered Tedd Ginn who we really weren't going to throw to much anyway. The Jets safties/nickel on Welker will spell trouble.

The biggest thing I commend about the Jets defense is, unlike us, they play matchups on defense. New England most definetly looks for mismatches which will be harder vs the Jets then many teams, like us, who don't move their CB's around. I hate when defenses let the offense dictate the matchups like we have for as long as I can remember. Say what you wanty about Wanny, and there is plenty to say, but at least he was smart enough to move Surtain to the slot on big passing downs. Many times he would be in the slot with guys like Marvin Harrison and had we put our nickel back there, whoever it may have been, it probably would have been an automatic 1st down, kind of like Benney Sapp is.
I agree with you man. the pats right now are imo the best team in the league. are they beatable? of course they are, but they are not only winning games, they are winning in dominant fashion. how many teams go into pittsburgh and win like they did, especially in primetime?

i dont know how the hell they keep doing it, and i keep sitting here baffled. i mean they plug guys in like woodhead,who barely got on the field with the jets, and now he plays a real solid role for the pats. everyone you plug in their , they keep scoring points. people including myself thought when they traded moss their offense would take a hit, but they look better than ever.

as for the jets matching up with the pats next week, the jets will have lots of trouble. the jets secondary ( revis) is very good at keeping big time wr out of the game, but a team like the pats does not have a real number 1. they got lots of guys who are capable of catching the ball like welker, tate, gronkowski, hernandez, branch, even woodhead. the jets also have no pass rush so brady will eat that defense alive. right now, i think the pats win 31-17.

as for getting on a run at the end of the season, i really hope we can somehow be 10-5 going into that final new england game, but even then i dont know if that would be enough with us losing all tiebreakers. our best shot imo is catching the ravens or jets for these reasons.

ravens remaining opponents - vs tampa, vs pitt, at hou, vs new orleans, at cle, vs cinn. most realistic shots at losing- vs pitt, vs new orleans, and at hou since its primetime and prob houstons last meaningful game at home. we need to finish a game ahead of them in the standings for it to matter, we cant tie them.

jets- at ne, vs mia, at pitt, at chi, vs buff. i dont know how the tiebreaker sitatuion would work with the jets if we finished tied with them with their losses being to ne, us, and pitt. i think for sure the jets will lose in new england and pitt, and obviously we have to beat them to have any chance, and the game in chicago, i think chicago is overrated, but the game is in chicago and the weather can play a big factor in that game.

if we need a win to make the playoffs the last game, and the pats have everything locked up, and its between us and the jets, im sure the pats will rest their starters.

lets hopefully get their first.

This thread is just more talk. Parcells, Parcells, Parcells. Blah, Blah, Blah. For some of you, it will still take more abuse and failure for you to wake up. 2008 was a one hit wonder. It was a fluke. It was one great season, but it had false hope written all over it. Do you want another one in 2011? Maybe an 11 - 5 finish and lose in the first round of playoffs again? And then back to losing seasons again in 2012 and 2013 of 7 - 9.

That is hogwash. Miami should be a team that wins year after year. That should be the goal. How many years does it take to find it? As soon as Miami finds it, they annoint people as gods and start paying them way too much money. Some people get it, and some people don't. Miami still doesn't have the right people in place to get it right and then KEEP IT THAT WAY NO MATTER WHAT.

I don't know what it will take, but they don't seem to be any closer to getting it right. The best fans can hope for is that they are closer than it seems and that they just need to get rid of a few people who keep preventing greatness from happening. Put Sparano on that short list.

Back
Top Bottom