People forget that the Pats and Jets... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

People forget that the Pats and Jets...

have been building for years with the same philosophy as we are building now...with parcells coaching tree HC's ...

mangini drafted several of the jets core players and feilded decent teams but never quite got it done

Pats same thing and look they are NEVER out of contention.

Parcells himself also coached both these teams.

the miami dolphins are 2 years removed from a 1-15 season , and being one of the most gutted and deflated franchises in the league.

the dissappointment this year comes more from fans with way too high expectations than from an actual chance at true contention. most of us realistic people predicted an 8-8 or 9-7 season. we have GREAT building blocks on this team...tons of young guys gelling 2gether and forming a formitable team.

the building isnt over and we jsut arent that good yet .... if we GUT this whole front office and coaching staff we area only starting over froms cratch again. i just hope ross isnt as silly and whiny as most of you fans.

Who are our playmakers,who are our game changers
I'm not seeing any one that fits the profile
teams do not have to game plan against our offense
No one on this offense scares anyone

yeah... and drafting players like John Beck, Ted Ginn, Pat White, Pat Turner and all the other whiffs didn't have too much to do with our current situation.... The Pats are the best when it comes to the draft, and that's why they are the best in the league right now. They rarely miss. We perfected missing players in the draft.

The Pats have Tom Brady. THAT is why they are always good. This year's draft looks like a good one, it is their first good draft in 5-6 years.

I'm sorry, did I miss where Sanchez is all of the sudden a good QB? It seems to me that the only thing he really does is try his best not to screw up the victory their defense sets up for him. He is in Trent Dilfer territory.

Do you have any idea how dumb that sounds?? have you been in a coma for the past month?

vs Broncos ... leads team down field for winning TD in last minute.

vs Lions ... leads team down field for TD ... gets ball back ... leads team down field again for tyng FG in last minute ... gets ball in OT ... incomplete ... 52 yard slant to Holmes ... game over thanks for showing up.

vs Browns ... gets ball at midfield with only 24 seconds left in OT ... TD pass to Holmes .... game over ... thanks for showing up.

Vs Texans ... 49 seconds left in game ... no timeouts from his own 23 ... LT once ... LT twice ... Braylon down the sideline ... fade to Holmes with 10 seconds left ... thanks for showing up.

Apparently you missed alot. Jets COULD have lost all four of those games ...
but we didn't lose any of them because our QB was the best player on the field when it mattered most.
If you're on the other side, you better not be within one score of us if we have the ball late in the game ...
because you're probably about to lose.

Are you caught up now?

The Pats have Tom Brady. THAT is why they are always good. This year's draft looks like a good one, it is their first good draft in 5-6 years.
Its funny how expectations change. Im sure two years ago as a jet fan it was a bummer not to make the playoffs. now you guys have a legit chance at the SB, so if for a reason you guys dont win it you will probly go through a just a sad of a faze like we are now. Thats why ima be rooting my heart out for the colts or ravens. Just no Steelers, Jets or Pats in the superbowl and im good.

This is what? The fifth year of a three year rebuilding plan? Everyone on this site has been talking about rebuilding through the draft, and doing it "right". Does not see to be working out too well to me.

No this is is the third year of a 5 year rebuilding plan

Its funny how expectations change. Im sure two years ago as a jet fan it was a bummer not to make the playoffs. now you guys have a legit chance at the SB, so if for a reason you guys dont win it you will probly go through a just a sad of a faze like we are now. Thats why ima be rooting my heart out for the colts or ravens. Just no Steelers, Jets or Pats in the superbowl and im good.

Things change really quickly in this league, I am thrilled to be 8-2 but there is a lot of work to be done.

I'm pretty sure Mangini didnt draft the players for the Jets. He has input but I believe Tannenbaum makes the picks.

Rex mentioned on Hard Knocks that Tannenbaum gives him 1 pick of his choosing in the draft.

I'm seeing Sanchez make plays that I'm pretty sure Henne can't. That said, Sanchez seems to have playmakers all around him.

Why would anyone here have a hard time admitting Sanchez is better than Henne? Is that carved in stone for all time? Maybe not but right now Sanchez is better. Who would you rather have when the play breaks down? If anyone says Henne they do not watch football.

LOL. Every time I see fans on here bash the Jets, they say they are built for the short term. Couldnt be farther from the truth.

Sanchez = AFC offensive player of the week...just sayin

the difference b/t the jets and pats and the phins:
the pats: Belichek got LUCKY with Brady in the 5th round. Belickek can make any offence work with Brady.
the Jets: at least they took a RISK with Sanchez, going after a top ten. who is looking more and more like the real thing.
at least the jets were willing to let Sanchez make his mistakes and it looks like he is learning from it.

The Pats are where they are now because Tom Brady is their QB. They got lucky and found him in the 6th round.

The Jets were mediocre for years after Parcells left, with a revolving door at QB. Then we traded up to draft Sanchez. He starts fast, struggles through the middle of the year, then comes on again at the end. We get to the AFCCG. Next year, he continues to progress and we're one of the best teams in the league.

A strong core isn't worth much without a quarterback to lead it.

The Jets are winning with defense, not Sanchez. Sanchez has been average at best.

Back
Top Bottom