People forget that the Pats and Jets... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

People forget that the Pats and Jets...

The Jets were not mediocre for years, we had a couple of down seasons w/ QB injuries but we have been one of the better AFC teams since BP took over in '97 and we got better after he left. BP left the organization after the 2000 season:

since 2001 playoff apps:

Indy: 8
NE: 7
Pitt: 6
NYJ: 5
Bal: 5
SD: 5
Ten: 4
Den: 3
Mia: 2
oak: 2
Cin: 2
Jax: 2
KC: 2
Cle: 1
Buf: 0
Hou: 0

Only 3 AFC teams have more playoff apps since 2001.

You have been mediocre. Sure you have 5 playoff appearances since 2000, but you won the division one time (and have only won it two times since 1970). You only got past the divisional round one time and that was last year when the Colts rolled over, then they decided to kick your arse in the championship game. The three teams right above you all have at least one ring. Since 2000 we (Phins) have three appearances, 2 divisional titles, and the same number of losing seasons as the jests.

So your saying the Jets have not been mediocre yet you have only been slightly better than us and this is the worst era EVER in Dolphins football history.

Jests have been mediocre, and you will have another playoff let down this season.

Send Rex my regards.

EEP

I just think a lot of us (me included) are frustrated and angry because there has really been no improvement week to week and it seems like the Miami coaching staff is out schemed on both sides of the ball week in and out. I am also seeing teams like Jax and KC really improving and ask "why not Miami?". I feel this team is no better than 8-8, it just really frustrated me watching them get there.

My 2 biggest offseaqson pet peeves are what I think have plagued us the most.

1. Changing the interior of the oline.
2. Roster churning at the bottom, special teams players. Let's face it we fired a coach and still had isues until we got rid of Bobbie Carpenter. Carpenter made some decent plays for us on defense (stuff of AP was really HUGE) but he was obviously not cut out to play the spot on Special teams he was manning. Coaching FUBAR to stick him out there time after time.

You have been mediocre. Sure you have 5 playoff appearances since 2000, but you won the division one time (and have only won it two times since 1970). You only got past the divisional round one time and that was last year when the Colts rolled over, then they decided to kick your arse in the championship game. The three teams right above you all have at least one ring. Since 2000 we (Phins) have three appearances, 2 divisional titles, and the same number of losing seasons as the jests.

So your saying the Jets have not been mediocre yet you have only been slightly better than us and this is the worst era EVER in Dolphins football history.

Jests have been mediocre, and you will have another playoff let down this season.

Send Rex my regards.

EEP

How is making the 4th most playoff apps mediocre?

Those 3 apps are still les than 5, right? and your 1 playoff wins since 2000 is less than 4, right? and your zero div rd wins is less than our 1, right?

We have been one of the better teams in the AFC since 1997 and this year we might be the best in the AFC.

When was our last playoff letdown? Wouldn't you guys love to have a "letdown" like making a surprise run to the title game? You guys haven't been close tot he title game since 1994 and haven't made a title game sine 1992.

Guys give up, NYJUNC is right and as long as the jets keep pulling games out of their keisters he's going to continue to be right. not knocking the wins juncy, I would take them any way they come. Personally if it comes down to the Jets and NE or Baltimore, I'll be rooting for the Jets. I can't take New England anymore and just hate the Ravens.

Guys give up, NYJUNC is right and as long as the jets keep pulling games out of their keisters he's going to continue to be right. not knocking the wins juncy, I would take them any way they come. Personally if it comes down to the Jets and NE or Baltimore, I'll be rooting for the Jets. I can't take New England anymore and just hate the Ravens.
Root for the Jets? I'll root for whoever isn't the Jets or Patriots. Imagine having to listen to Rex Ryan after a Super Bowl appearance..

Personally if it comes down to the Jets and NE or Baltimore, I'll be rooting for the Jets. I can't take New England anymore and just hate the Ravens.

NEVER! If it was root for the jets or we're taking your kid, I stop wearing condoms when bangin my wife!! :)

yeah well you guys don't live in New England. You don't have to listen to how great Danny Woodhead and Wes Welker are every fing day. Screw the Pats 100% regardless of who they play. i had one Pats fan try to tell me the Dolphins miss Sammie morris and he;s a better backup then Ricky Williams.

I'm sick of baltimore too because on this site they are just sooo great.

How is making the 4th most playoff apps mediocre?

Those 3 apps are still les than 5, right? and your 1 playoff wins since 2000 is less than 4, right? and your zero div rd wins is less than our 1, right?

We have been one of the better teams in the AFC since 1997 and this year we might be the best in the AFC.

When was our last playoff letdown? Wouldn't you guys love to have a "letdown" like making a surprise run to the title game? You guys haven't been close tot he title game since 1994 and haven't made a title game sine 1992.
If you read my above post I stated this was the worst era ever in Dolphins history. I even completely capped it for you so you wouldn't miss it, yet you still did.

4th most playoff app + ZERO SB appearances = Mediocre. *(Colts-1) *(Pats-3) *(Steelers-2) *Denotes Team and number of SB wins :)

So a good team goes 2002-playoffs, 2003- 6-10, 2004 - playoffs, 2005 - 4-12, 2006 - Playoffs, 2007 4-12 ?

For someone talking about there best decade ever, that's pretty flipping inconsistent.

If you even want to go back in complete history its no contest.

Your Record this decade is only slightly better than ours. Sure you have more playoff success but what do you have to show for it? At least we have more Divisional Championships.

Fact of the matter is you have been a mediocre team this decade, because whats most important in the NFL in consistency, and you guys have consistently been inconsistent.

This may be your best team you have had in a long time and I personaly believe Pitt, Bal, and NE are better teams.

Just get ready for another playoff letdown brew, and when it happens, Ill be here to say i told you so.

EEP

Root for the Jets? I'll root for whoever isn't the Jets or Patriots. Imagine having to listen to Rex Ryan after a Super Bowl appearance..

I really hope we see that, I want to see what he's going to do:D

So Numbnuts is right because his team is winning? That actually has nothing to do with mine and his conversation, but thank you so much for throwing in your highly valued two Cents.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

I really hope we see that, I want to see what he's going to do:D
Prob would look like Squidward after he eats all those crappy pattys that one episode lol.

So Numbnuts is right because his team is winning? That actually has nothing to do with mine and his conversation, but thank you so much for throwing in your highly valued two sense.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

Prob would look like Squidward after he eats all those crappy pattys that one episode lol.

Anytime I can offer my two CENTS let me know. I apologize for not following the conversation. I personally don't care who's been better, worse, consistent or inconsistent in the last decade us or the Jets. It doesn't make me feel any better if the Jets sucked or haven't sucked since 2000. I only care bout right now and going forward and the jets are easily in better position than we are. Why don't we just bring up the unbeaten season that occurred 38 years ago while we are at it? We can still hang our hats on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you read my above post I stated this was the worst era ever in Dolphins history. I even completely capped it for you so you wouldn't miss it, yet you still did.

4th most playoff app + ZERO SB appearances = Mediocre. *(Colts-1) *(Pats-3) *(Steelers-2) *Denotes Team and number of SB wins :)

So a good team goes 2002-playoffs, 2003- 6-10, 2004 - playoffs, 2005 - 4-12, 2006 - Playoffs, 2007 4-12 ?

For someone talking about there best decade ever, that's pretty flipping inconsistent.

If you even want to go back in complete history its no contest.

Your Record this decade is only slightly better than ours. Sure you have more playoff success but what do you have to show for it? At least we have more Divisional Championships.

Fact of the matter is you have been a mediocre team this decade, because whats most important in the NFL in consistency, and you guys have consistently been inconsistent.

This may be your best team you have had in a long time and I personaly believe Pitt, Bal, and NE are better teams.

Just get ready for another playoff letdown brew, and when it happens, Ill be here to say i told you so.

EEP

Who brought up the 70s and 80s? who is brining up histories? It's great that Miami was better from the 70s through the mid 90s but that is ancient history. The discussion was about the 2000s and in the 2000s we were one of the better AFC teams, you called us mediocre but the 4th bst team in terms of playoff apps is not mediocre.

Have fun watching old highlights of the 70s and 80s when Miami had great teams, i'll enjoy my team right now and in the coming years.

Where are all these playoff letdowns? What playoff game have we been favored in that e lost in recent years?

I tend to agree, but its a tough sell to the fans after some of the garbage we witnessed this year. I happen to think that Henning may be so inept that most of the problems might be directly his fault. My idea situation would not be to gut the FO just fire Henning tomorrow. If Sparanos not here next year though, im not losin any sleep.

Well said. I agree 100%.

I will root for the Pats before the jest & prefer Ravens to those 2. If Miami is totally out of it then Indy is my 2nd choice.

Back
Top Bottom