Peter King projects the winner of the 'Suck For Luck' draft

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by BAMAPHIN 22, Nov 1, 2011.

1. BAMAPHIN 22

BAMAPHIN 22 FinHeaven Elite

2. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 TANNERECTION!!!! Donator

I agree with him. The Colts are awful and will go 0-16. Even if Miami duplicates that the projected SOS will be in favor of the Colts. Miami will have to hope for a trade up if they want Luck.

3. dol-phan007

dol-phan007 Money is Power

I agree. As much as I would love to get Luck, I dont think we will. I have my hopes up way to much and I just know that they will be shot down just like every season. I should be used to that feeling by now.

4. josekareh

josekareh Finfansince75

I knew this was happening!!!!

5. DzakkH13

DzakkH13 Winning is a Habit Donator

Anyone who has been watching any football at all can see how bad the Colts are.

Miami is very bad, but not on the level the Colts are. I think Miami can end up with 2 wins and the Colts with Zero.

6. fitskin

fitskin Starter

The question becomes, what is it going to take to get that pick from the Colts, if/when it happens. If the talking heads are correct and Peyton won't let them draft Luck, what is it going to take to get up to that spot. Peyton is going to want to make another run or two at a Super Bowl and a package that includes multiple first, second and third round picks for two-three years would be attractive to them. Throw in a player like Davis or Dansby and you have yourself a deal that might work, pending we get the 2 or 3 pick of course.

7. DzakkH13

DzakkH13 Winning is a Habit Donator

Best move for the Colts would be to draft Luck #1 overall and trade Manning. That would be the best option for their future success. I can't see them passing on Luck. I can't see any team drafting #1 overall passing on Luck. The kid is the real deal.

8. SabanHater

SabanHater ***** in the House!

Manning is 35. the Colts are going to put his feelings aside and do what's best for the organization. Hopefully they slip up and win one.

9. Phin-o-rama

Phin-o-rama FinHeaven VIP

peyton manning still wants to play this year maybe

10. PlexGod

PlexGod Starter

honestly i wouldnt mind drafting Barkley with the 2-4 pick and not trading away the next 2-3 drafts for luck. This team needs a QB real bad but also needs alot of help everywhere else pretty much. First and foremost get a real coach in here and then draft luck if we can or barkley and start him day one and get a few pieces around him to make life easier for him.

11. Heinegrabber

Heinegrabber Since 84 Finheaven VIP

I said it before Manning and Dungy to Miami.

12. fitskin

fitskin Starter

I think(hope) that they exagerate their interest in Luck to receive a king's ransom in return for the first pick, give their franchise a shot at 1 or 2 more rings.

13. MadDog 88

The Colts will have a tough time trading that huge salary Peyton is owed. Teams are not going to pay a high price for deteriorating skills and health to a 35 year old QB when they can start rebuilding by trading Luck and solving their QB issue in a couple of years. I think you trade one of the DL along with a 1 and 3 this year and next and it may be enough

14. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

They've got an opt out clause with Manning and Manning could pull a power play on any trade by refusing to show up for a physical forcing Indy to release him...they're not keeping $23 million on the books of dead weight if Manning won't play for them or anyone else. If the Colts draft Luck they will be in a bind. It won't be pretty.

15. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Overkill, way too much if Miami's pick is #2 overall, but Miami still will have to fork over quite a bit if the Colts decide to trade it.

16. MadDog 88

If they do and Barkley comes out I'll take Barkley. If Barkley stays in school it will be a tough decision that I am thanful the turds in charge now wont be here to make.

17. russianbear

russianbear A True Fan

this

18. MadDog 88

Are you sure they have an opt out?

19. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

I don't agree with Peter King.

Miami lost 7 games in 2007 by one score. They lost 6 games by a mere field goal.

Losing 18-15 last week and 20-17 this week doesn't all the sudden make us "too damned competitive for (our) own good".

What's important is how you FINISH games. That ability was what the 2007 team lacked and that is what this 2011 team lacks, any ability to put up any semblance of a fight in the 4th quarter.

If the Dolphins allow a team to get a lead, but then they're able to keep it somewhat within reach, and then in the 4th quarter Miami is coming on hard and fast and only barely fall short? Call me when THAT happens. Because that will be the first game where the Dolphins are showing that they truly are too competitive for their own good.

Until then, we can play as many of these games we want where the Dolphins jump out to a lead or make some plays early and then fold like a cheap suit under the threat of any kind of adversity during the game. Losses will continue to be written in stone until this team learns to finish.

20. YoMamma

YoMamma Well-Known Member

First thing is Peter King is an idiot and has been for years....second thing is Peter King is an idiot. Hey Pete....thats why we play the games you jack ***.

21. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

He is right. Argue about Barkley vs. Jones.

22. Dolphan23

Dolphan23 Pro Bowler

I wouldn't mind taking Barkley. If you looked at the numbers from USC Stanford's 3 OT game, Barkley and Luck matched up pretty nicely. Considering Barkley was the number one rated High School player to come into college football, its not a bad deal...IMO.

23. Finland

Finland Pro Bowler

for what purpose, to retire here?

24. Finland

Finland Pro Bowler

Very likely.

25. ckparrothead

The Dolphins aren't just 0-7 on the season for all the full games. They're 0-6-1 in the 4th quarter.

The Dolphins 4th Quarter & Overtime
    Game 1: 7-10
    Game 2: 3-7
    Game 3: 3-7
    Game 4: 3-3
    Game 5: 0-7
    Game 6: 9-18
    Game 7: 0-10
    Total: 25-62

The Colts, on the other hand, are 2-5-1 in the 4th Quarter. I think while the Dolphins could win a game soon, maybe sooner than the Colts, I think the Colts will win more games.

The Colts 4th Quarter & Overtime
    Game 1: 7-0
    Game 2: 7-13
    Game 3: 7-13
    Game 4: 0-7
    Game 5: 0-7
    Game 6: 10-7
    Game 7: 0-14
    Game 8: 7-7
    Total: 38-68

26. Valandui

Valandui Lumberjack Batman Donator

Of course he does. We can't let those Dolphins fans get too hopeful. Better take them down a peg.

27. Finland

Finland Pro Bowler

I think you are right on the money. However, I did not see Miami outplaying the Giants. They were winning yes, but I thought they were being out played, visually and statistically and never thought for a minute the Giants would not come back. After 60 minutes the best team usually wins. We were not going to win that game.

28. ckparrothead

I think the ability to finish is very important when it comes to the ability to win. The Rams didn't just run out to a lead against the Saints and then hope and pray the Saints would not come back. They FiNISHED that game. The Saints may have outscored them in the 4th quarter but the Rams were able to punch back instead of laying down. They scored. They stopped the Saints from scoring. They created turnovers. Prior to that game they were 1-3-2 in the 4th quarter, and had come back on the Redskins with 10 unanswered points in the 4th quarter, but fell short.

But look at the Cardinals. They scare me in this whole Suck For Luck thing. They were able to finish their first game of the year against the Panthers, but they haven't really won a 4th quarter since, and their collapse against the Ravens this week reached epic proportions.

29. Icemac0

Icemac0 Scout Team

That sucks... but I'll take Jones.

30. Mr. Magoo

Mr. Magoo Ayatollah of rock and rolla

Yeah, and now Kolb has a turf toe that he says is affecting his ability to throw the football hard, which besides being sort of a "my dog ate my homework" excuse for why he's terrible, might actually keep him on the sideline while John Skelton suits up for them.

The thing about the Cardinals, though, is that they already have one win and still get to play St. Louis, Cleveland, and Seattle down the stretch. It's hard not to see them winning at least one of those games, which at two wins on the season would almost certainly put them out of the SFL race.

Amazing, is it... how the best draft pick in years is coming out in the draft and there are more truly awful teams than there's ever been (at least that I can remember) in one season? Strange. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2011
  31. Ilovemyfins4eva

Ilovemyfins4eva A True Fan Donator

if we go 1-15 or 0-16 and do not get the 1st overall pick because of the colts, they will be arguably my most hated team.

i cant hate any team more than the jets and pats, but they would be very close. this is ridiculous.

we may not win a game this year( although i think we will or more) and even if we dont, their is a solid chance with how bad the colts are that we still wouldnt get the top pick.

i understand peyton manning is really good, but how can a team fall off this much? Yes i understand any team losing their starting qb will get worse and its understandable, but to being one of the better teams to looking like a bunch of high schooler's, its pathetic.

**** the colts.

32. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

Yes, Manning had them put it in the contract in good faith just in case he didn't heal from his neck injury.

33. Dolphins101

Dolphins101 Starter

you dont think we will throw a few games to get luck ? instead of having to deal with trading up in the draft and all the others bs just finish 0-16 is what ross wants.

34. lynxdolfan

lynxdolfan Well-Known Member

I also think we won't get the number 1 pick. We are not THAT bad and still have some fight left. But for the love of all that is holy please please take Landry Jones if we can't get Luck. I DO NOT WANT Barkley. I smell bust all over this kid.

35. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Banned Hammered

I don't believe any of the things stated so far,

first off, look at the rams, they have been god awful for 7 games, then they go and beat the saints with AJ Feeley,

ANY team can be ANY team,

The Colts could win any week so can the dolphins

Take a look at the phins, we've had our games where we compete against good teams like NYG Pats etc.

but then we lose to Cleveland and Tebow...

we CAN and WILL get Luck, our schedule the rest of the way is harder than the Colts...

I will admit the Colts probably are a worse team than us, but they can win games just like the rams did with AJ Feeley

36. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

If Manning comes back, and supposedly he has begone working out...we could take this thing home!

37. Feed Rex Ryan

Feed Rex Ryan F the Jets

The Colts aren't going 0-16.

38. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Banned Hammered

I also believe Arizona Denver and STL are worse teams than us, but we have a better pick...

39. Lilseb93

Lilseb93 This Is My House

I hate these predictions. I can make predictions too. Doesn't mean anything. I predict the Lions are going to win the SB. Will that happen? Most likely not.

40. Feed Rex Ryan

Feed Rex Ryan F the Jets

So you don't like predictions in general.