Peter King projects the winner of the 'Suck For Luck' draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King projects the winner of the 'Suck For Luck' draft

They've got an opt out clause with Manning and Manning could pull a power play on any trade by refusing to show up for a physical forcing Indy to release him...they're not keeping $23 million on the books of dead weight if Manning won't play for them or anyone else. If the Colts draft Luck they will be in a bind. It won't be pretty.

Hmm good point. But this could turn into a pretty decent situation for Manning. If he has that much pull, they'll have to work with him. How about sending him to the other conference/coast to San Francisco? Harbaugh and Manning would be a deadly combo, especially when you consider that San Francisco has far more talent than the Colts do and have somehow been able to mask Alex Smith's deficiencies.

Edit: Oh, yeah, forgot to say. If the above or something similar happens, the Colts would get Andrew Luck, a 1st from the team they ship Manning to, and probably another conditional 1st(if Manning gets to the SB and/or wins it).

Any chance that Peyton plays this year? Is Irsay willing to bear the bad PR that will result from him telling a healthy Peyton that he cant play?

The Dolphins aren't just 0-7 on the season for all the full games. They're 0-6-1 in the 4th quarter.

The Dolphins 4th Quarter & Overtime
Game 1: 7-10
Game 2: 3-7
Game 3: 3-7
Game 4: 3-3
Game 5: 0-7
Game 6: 9-18
Game 7: 0-10
Total: 25-62

The Colts, on the other hand, are 2-5-1 in the 4th Quarter. I think while the Dolphins could win a game soon, maybe sooner than the Colts, I think the Colts will win more games.

The Colts 4th Quarter & Overtime
Game 1: 7-0
Game 2: 7-13
Game 3: 7-13
Game 4: 0-7
Game 5: 0-7
Game 6: 10-7
Game 7: 0-14
Game 8: 7-7
Total: 38-68

I'd be interested to know how many of those were garbage scores when the game was completely out of reach and the other team was just trying to end the game. Probably more than you think.

Hey I want Andrew Luck really bad too but the only way the Colts win a game is if Manning comes back. I just don't see why they'd risk him coming back for a turd of a season like this. What would they really gain from him coming in and helping them to 4-12??? Nothing. People need to take off their homer glasses and start scouting Jones vs. Barkley. Hopefully the drop off isn't really that dramatic.

As soon as Painter was announced to be the QB the rest of the way, the Luck Sweepstakes was won then and there. He is COMPLETELY AWFUL.

Seriously, Matt Moore (who is a 2nd-3rd string talent) wipes his cleats with Painter.

Hoping Jones and Barkely both come out this year so we can choose between them.

if we go 1-15 or 0-16 and do not get the 1st overall pick because of the colts, they will be arguably my most hated team.

i cant hate any team more than the jets and pats, but they would be very close. this is ridiculous.

we may not win a game this year( although i think we will or more) and even if we dont, their is a solid chance with how bad the colts are that we still wouldnt get the top pick.

i understand peyton manning is really good, but how can a team fall off this much? Yes i understand any team losing their starting qb will get worse and its understandable, but to being one of the better teams to looking like a bunch of high schooler's, its pathetic.

**** the colts.

Absolutely! Have one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL for over 10 years and know the ONE year they suck they might get the next best quarterback. I will hate the Colts more than Jets and Patriots combined if that happens

Best move for the Colts would be to draft Luck #1 overall and trade Manning. That would be the best option for their future success. I can't see them passing on Luck. I can't see any team drafting #1 overall passing on Luck. The kid is the real deal.

Maybe. But consider this...what if they do that and Manning moves on to success and Luck is average or worse. If you the Colts they might want to consider the team is awful and unless Luck is actually great they will continue to be awful. Luck is still a risk regardless what anyone says he hasn't even had to play teams the quality of the Big 12 or better yet the SEC. Ownership would be taking a big risk and their are a ton of 18 jerseys in the stands in Indy. Aside from Peyton being a great QB he is a pretty good guy. Favre was an *** and it took years to phase him out, You think the Colts would do Peyton that way? And I don't think you take a #1 pick to sit on the bench 3-5 years when you need so much other help.

Personally I think the Colts will talk it up to get the best trade value. I think the Dolphins should offer up their first and Long and that's it. If they don't like it take one of the other QB's.

I agree with him. The Colts are awful and will go 0-16. Even if Miami duplicates that the projected SOS will be in favor of the Colts. Miami will have to hope for a trade up if they want Luck.
Hey MadDog. I just don't see anyone trading the pick for Luck. The team that ends up with the top pick most likely will be a team in the hunt for a franchise qb. If that is the case Miami will have to "settle" for Barkley, which isn't a bad consolation.

Maybe. But consider this...what if they do that and Manning moves on to success and Luck is average or worse. If you the Colts they might want to consider the team is awful and unless Luck is actually great they will continue to be awful. Luck is still a risk regardless what anyone says he hasn't even had to play teams the quality of the Big 12 or better yet the SEC. Ownership would be taking a big risk and their are a ton of 18 jerseys in the stands in Indy. Aside from Peyton being a great QB he is a pretty good guy. Favre was an *** and it took years to phase him out, You think the Colts would do Peyton that way? And I don't think you take a #1 pick to sit on the bench 3-5 years when you need so much other help.

Personally I think the Colts will talk it up to get the best trade value. I think the Dolphins should offer up their first and Long and that's it. If they don't like it take one of the other QB's

first, as you mentioned, manning is a good guy and favre is a douche. Also, the only reason it was pretty easy for the packers to move on to rodgers from favre was because favre announced he was retiring and they went in a different direction. They were just able to tell favre that they moved on because he informed them he was retiring and they didnt want to play this game of him retiring, UN retiring, etc.

second, i do not believe the colts would trade manning to the dolphins. first i dont believe they would want to trade him to a team in the same conference, wouldnt make much sense. secondly, i believe if they do decide to trade manning he will have a say in where he goes. I highly doubt at 36 years old he will want to go to miami when he is on his final few years towards chasing a ring. Then again, i believe no matter how bad that team looks now ( just look at the colts with and without manning) that adding manning can make you instant superbowl contenders, even if it was to a terrible team like the seahawks, or browns, etc. hes that good.

It really doesn't matter at all who gets the top pick. Andrew and his father, Oliver Luck will have final say of where he goes. There is a reason he choose STANFORD over any other big time college football program. Turns out they choose quite well.

Even if we get the top pick, or the Colts. or the Broncos, or the Cardinals, or the Rams....Andrew Luck will dictate where he wants to go. As Dan Marino said, this is his one chance in life get drafted by a team. It's critical that it's a place that will be a right fit for him shor-term and long-term. Having said that, I really do believe that the Miami Dolphins would be a perfect fit for him to come in and succeed immediately, while surrounded with quality players. We're only missing an athletic seam busting tight end that Andrew loves utilizing.

The question becomes, what is it going to take to get that pick from the Colts, if/when it happens. If the talking heads are correct and Peyton won't let them draft Luck, what is it going to take to get up to that spot. Peyton is going to want to make another run or two at a Super Bowl and a package that includes multiple first, second and third round picks for two-three years would be attractive to them. Throw in a player like Davis or Dansby and you have yourself a deal that might work, pending we get the 2 or 3 pick of course.
Peyton won't let them? He doesn't make the picks. The Dolphins need to draft players that either improve the passing offense or defense. Stick with that philosophy and we ll get better.

It really doesn't matter at all who gets the top pick. Andrew and his father, Oliver Luck will have final say of where he goes. There is a reason he choose STANFORD over any other big time college football program. Turns out they choose quite well.

Even if we get the top pick, or the Colts. or the Broncos, or the Cardinals, or the Rams....Andrew Luck will dictate where he wants to go. As Dan Marino said, this is his one chance in life get drafted by a team. It's critical that it's a place that will be a right fit for him shor-term and long-term. Having said that, I really do believe that the Miami Dolphins would be a perfect fit for him to come in and succeed immediately, while surrounded with quality players. We're only missing an athletic seam busting tight end that Andrew loves utilizing.
He s not a free agent. He can't pick the team he goes to. He ll go to the team that drafts him or trades him. The team that drafts him isn't going to trade him to whatever team he wants to go to, they'll trade him to whatever team gives them the best offer. Once Luck declares he doesn't have any leverage. The only thing he can do is sit out a season. He can say he wants to be traded to a certain team but he doesn't have the power to make it happen without said team agreeing.

Peyton won't let them? He doesn't make the picks. The Dolphins need to draft players that either improve the passing offense or defense. Stick with that philosophy and we ll get better.

He, and probably only he has the ability to dictate what his team may do, he has that much influence. Drafting Luck would most likely mean that the Colts will need to cut/trade him and that would anger Colts fans. Irsay isn't an idiot, he is going to say all the right things about wanting Luck and then receive a ton of draft picks in return for Luck's services.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

He s not a free agent. He can't pick the team he goes to. He ll go to the team that drafts him or trades him. The team that drafts him isn't going to trade him to whatever team he wants to go to, they'll trade him to whatever team gives them the best offer. Once Luck declares he doesn't have any leverage. The only thing he can do is sit out a season. He can say he wants to be traded to a certain team but he doesn't have the power to make it happen without said team agreeing.

He has a ton of leverage, more than anyone in the past 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom