Peter King projects the winner of the 'Suck For Luck' draft | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King projects the winner of the 'Suck For Luck' draft

The Colts can still get a good 4-5 years(and great 3 years) out of Manning. Years where they have a legit shot at winning the Super Bowl. Why would they pass that up?

The Colts can still get a good 4-5 years(and great 3 years) out of Manning. Years where they have a legit shot at winning the Super Bowl. Why would they pass that up?

It's a tough dilemma. If Luck is as good as Manning it's a no brainer, but of course there is always a risk, albeit a small one with this player. The problem with keeping Manning and taking the picks is they obviously wouldn't then take Barkley either. What if Manning isn't the same? What if he can't play at all and reinjures his neck. You've now just passed on the best QB prospect in a decade and have to go out looking for a new QB. If you trade Manning and keep Luck, you likely have Luck and another 2 1st rounders, one of them being this year. Hit on Luck and you're set for the next decade, and the other picks are just gravy. Good problems to have, for sure.

San Francisco is the most logical landing spot for Manning if the Colts do in fact go that route IMO. That's a good trade for both teams. If the Cowboys flame out with Romo once again, I wouldn't put it past Jerry Jones to go all in either. He doesn't have many years left in the tank and wants to win. Manning would be scary with Miles Austin, Dez Bryant, and Jason Witten to name a few.

lol even if Miami somehow finished 9-7, their 6 conferences losses all but eliminates them from going to the playoffs.

i think it comes down to the last game of the season for luck which will be interesting as a jets fan

You know I was thinking about this the other day. The last three games are against the Bills, Pats, and Jets. Would any of these teams tank a game so the Dolphins don't get Luck IF it didn't effect their playoff standings.

You know I was thinking about this the other day. The last three games are against the Bills, Pats, and Jets. Would any of these teams tank a game so the Dolphins don't get Luck IF it didn't effect their playoff standings.

Here's my counter-question:

Do you think those teams would tank a game so that the Colts could secure the #1 pick and either reload for another run with Manning or draft Luck and guarantee that Bill Polian will have another decade of scaring the crap out of them?

Here's my counter-question:

Do you think those teams would tank a game so that the Colts could secure the #1 pick and either reload for another run with Manning or draft Luck and guarantee that Bill Polian will have another decade of scaring the crap out of them?

Here's another spin. Guess who the Colts play Week 17? The Jaguars--their most hated rivals. Would the Jaguars want to deal with Luck after dealing with Manning for 10+ years? That game could mean nothing for the Jags, so they could just as easily out-tank the Colts.

EDIT: Interestingly enough, the Colts play the Titans-Texans-Jags in their last 3. Also 3 divisional games in a row.

first, as you mentioned, manning is a good guy and favre is a douche. Also, the only reason it was pretty easy for the packers to move on to rodgers from favre was because favre announced he was retiring and they went in a different direction. They were just able to tell favre that they moved on because he informed them he was retiring and they didnt want to play this game of him retiring, UN retiring, etc.

second, i do not believe the colts would trade manning to the dolphins. first i dont believe they would want to trade him to a team in the same conference, wouldnt make much sense. secondly, i believe if they do decide to trade manning he will have a say in where he goes. I highly doubt at 36 years old he will want to go to miami when he is on his final few years towards chasing a ring. Then again, i believe no matter how bad that team looks now ( just look at the colts with and without manning) that adding manning can make you instant superbowl contenders, even if it was to a terrible team like the seahawks, or browns, etc. hes that good.

I'm not referring to any of the details of the Favre/Packers or Manning/Colts situation. I'm talking about the fans and decisions the owner has to weigh about making a deal. Keeping Manning is a no loss situation. Like when Dan was here the fans would fall on their knives for Dan, or better explained as we would of been happy to let Dan have a period of 3-4 years on the downside. And Dan wasn't in the Superbowl just a couple years before with a team almost to the man that went 0-16 without him. Now on the other hand, if you have a nasty parting of ways with Manning and Luck isn't spectacular there will be riots in the streets.

I meant a trade for Luck not Manning. It would be pointless for us to trade for Manning I wouldn't want the Dolphins to make a move for Manning.

Colts need to activate manning this season to get an idea health-wise etc
where he`s at so they can start making some future plans. This could of
course translate into victories & elliminate indy from the luck sweepstakes

I think King is failing to consider that the Dolphins have a lame duck coach whose players stand to become only more deflated and demoralized as they lose more games, whereas the Colts have a coach who is in much better stead, having led his team to a Super Bowl and with a ready-made excuse for losing this year (Manning's injury), which creates a much different dynamic IMO.

I could see the Colts actually trying to get better as the season progresses, whereas the Dolphins could quit entirely and look even poorer later in the season.

In other words, the Dolphins may look somewhat "competitive" now, but call me around game 12, especially if Tony Sparano is still coach.

I'm certainly not SFL, but if we keep putting forth the legitimate effort and losing, we do deserve Luck. I recognize that aside from the mere act of continuing to start that awful painter, Indy has been making some questionable conservative field decisions as opposed to those which have at least some potential to win the game.

Hopefully some interested parties having the time, access and inclination can chronicle each questionable Colts play from here until season's end with the intent of generating an incensed media snowball effect to shame Goodell into taking away the first pick from them....cause that's the only way it's gonna ever happen.

Back
Top Bottom