PFF Free Agency Tracker | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF Free Agency Tracker

2. Lamar Miller

2015 team: Miami Dolphins

Miller (85.6) was our fourth-highest graded running back this year, and heads into free agency with youth on his side; the former University of Miami star going to be just 25 when the 2016 NFL season begins. It also helps that he has graded higher than the year before every season since entering the league, and has even fewer carries to his name than Martin. Miller saw just 194 carries last year, something that irked many Dolphins fans who wanted to see him get more of the ball, and he’s topped 200 carries just once in his career.

As well as forcing 28 missed tackles as a runner this year, Miller improved his chances of being a three-down back somewhere in the NFL by catching 47 passes and dropping just two, after dropping six in 2014. The new regime in Miami might realize the errors of those that have come before them and make locking Miller up long-term a priority, but if not, he’s unlikely to be short of suitors when free agency rolls around.

Just saw this with PFF haveing Miller as the #2 FA RB behind Doug Martin.

I'd still take him back.

However, that ship has most definitely sailed. There is ZERO chance he'll ever wear a Dolphins jersey again.

Yea would never happen, it is not even something to remotely entertain. And all that said, he still isn't a great fit for what we need at guard anyway. Sure he'd be an upgrade, but so would many people.

Nothing, nadda, zip. Don't see any options in the draft either. I got no solution other than being VERY LUCKY with what we got or someone coming out of nowhere in the draft.

I like Joshua Perry to be a future All Pro Mike LB. I think he could follow the same path as Kuechly in the NFL.

Go get Josh Norman and Danny Trevathan please.

If Josh Norman was 3 years younger, you'd see Carolina franchise him, and a team with first round picks in the later half of the first round would make a run at him and offer the 2 first round picks to obtain his services.

Carolina would probably turn the deal down tho. Case in point, he is going nowhere.

2015 grade Position Age 2015 team 2015 snaps 2016 team
Sean Smith 83.8 CB 29 Chiefs 967 UFA
Josh Norman 83.7 CB 28 Panthers 1203 UFA
Adam Jones 83.3 CB 32 Bengals 945 UFA
Casey Hayward 82.7 CB 26 Packers 1067 UFA
Trumaine Johnson 82.2 CB 26 Rams 931 UFA
Janoris Jenkins 80.7 CB 27 Rams 1064 UFA
Patrick Robinson 79.4 CB 28 Chargers 713 UFA
Prince Amukamara 78.4 CB 27 Giants 779 UFA
Leon Hall 78.4 CB 31 Bengals 735
Brandon Boykin 76.9 CB 26 Steelers 407 UFA

Here's the top CB's projected to be FA's. Norman tops the list and like others have said, there is no chance. Then, I see Hayward, Johnson, and Jenkins, all hitting their prime. Lessor options for me are Smith, Jones and Hall because of age.

Incognito is the highest rated G on that list. :(

I would love to have him back. He hates the Patriots as much as any of us!!!! An he play so nasty and strong. We would be one less guard from solving the OL.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Here's the top CB's projected to be FA's. Norman tops the list and like others have said, there is no chance. Then, I see Hayward, Johnson, and Jenkins, all hitting their prime. Lessor options for me are Smith, Jones and Hall because of age.

Would take Adam Jones and welcome back Sean Smith. Both are solid and better tan everything we have, including a decadent Grimes.

I like Johnson, Heyward and Jenkins in that order. All young and very talented. Smith would be my 4th choice. I do not want to go with anyone older for band aids.

Cut:
Grimes, Misi, Mitchell

Re-structure:
Wake, Suh, Cameron

Wait-and-see:
Dion Jordan

Re-sign:
Miller, Shelby

Franchise:
Vernon

Sign:
CB Hall, CB Jenkins, FS Nelson, OG Allen, LB Trevathan

Draft:
Jack, OG, CB

It's really kind of amazing what Vernon did this past season
2nd only to JJ Watt in QB hits with 30 considering he did nothing the first half of the season

Hopefully we can either franchise and sign or just sign outright long term

It's really kind of amazing what Vernon did this past season
2nd only to JJ Watt in QB hits with 30 considering he did nothing the first half of the season

Hopefully we can either franchise and sign or just sign outright long term

The one year cap hit for a franchise tag will hurt us in signing other players. I am hoping a long term deal works out. Cannot let the 25 year old pass rusher go. He is a building block.

I like Jenkins, Hayward, Robinson, Amukamara, and Hall but what is the price tag for all those guys I wonder?

I'd rather give that amount of money to someone young than Grimes. Also, I'm curious aout how we will play the dbs? I'm tired of seeing us line up 10 yards off the receivers. I'd think the Bengals would be a defense to look at and give us ideas how we are going to do things?

wouldn't surprise me if out of the top 6 cbs on that list the only guys that hits free agency were sean smith and adam jones...

Back
Top Bottom