PFF Free Agency Tracker | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF Free Agency Tracker

At 4pm today, the final two years of Bills wide receiver Percy Harvin’s three-year contract voids and he will join the list of NFL unrestricted free agents set to hit the open market March 9.

The Bills signed Harvin to a three-year deal last March, but only for salary cap purposes. The deal was essentially for one-year, with a base salary of $3 million, plus a $3 million signing bonus. The extra two years were added on to spread that bonus out over the life of the deal, only counting $1 million per year towards the Bills cap number in 2015, 2016, and 2017.

But the base salary for those final two years would be $9 million for each season if the Bills were to decide not to void the contract, which was always highly unlikely.

Harvin is one of a handful Bills with key contract dates and payments on the horizon.

Bills GM Doug Whaley and Director of Player Personnel Jim Monos have both stated recently they are leaving the door open for Harvin's return. The team can still sign him to a new deal after his current deal voids.

They also stated the team needs to find a WR complement to Sammy Watkins on the other side. Harvin was productive in that role last season before he got hurt, playing only five games. In that limited time Harvin recorded 19 receptions for 218 yards and a touchdown. He also had five carries for 31 yards and averaged 21.6 yards on five kick returns.
http://www.wgr550.com/Harvin-s-contract-set-to-void-today-making-him-a-f/22465613

Forte would be an interesting pickup. Seems like a solid fit to pair with Ajayi. Would have to be dirt cheap tho. Less than 3 million per year with some sort of injury clause. Like that he has been in the Gase offense and gives you a legit option in the pass game.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

we shouldn't be either...only way that interest me is 1 year and vet minimum and if he gave you 10 games you'd be beating the odds
He's looking for a playoff team apparently

Mike Ortiz Jr. @xOrtiz4x
Sources: New England and Dallas are both highly interested in free agent RB Matt Forte. Forte wants to sign with a contender.

He's looking for a playoff team apparently

Mike Ortiz Jr. @xOrtiz4x
Sources: New England and Dallas are both highly interested in free agent RB Matt Forte. Forte wants to sign with a contender.

I'm a little surprised by interest from either...but new englands im sure is on the dirt cheap...they don't spend money on the position...they love the running back that can catch the rock though and forte fits that...

Well check that :lol:

Benjamin Allbright ‏@AllbrightNFL
Mike Ortiz hasnt got one single NFL story correct in three years. Not one.

Field Yates ‏@FieldYates 3m3 minutes ago
Since entering the league in 2008, Matt Forte has played 594 more snaps than any other RB in the NFL. A true workhorse for the Bears.

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS 3m3 minutes ago
@FieldYates which is why he won't get a big deal

Field Yates ‏@FieldYates 57s58 seconds ago
@PriscoCBS From my armchair GM post, I’d love him on a 1-year deal if I were a contender. We’ll see what he wants.

lot of mileage on those forte legs...rarely left the field

injuries catching up

The running back market could become saturated.

We already know Matt Forte will reach free agency. It appears Doug Martin could be headed there as well.

Rick Stroud, of the Tampa Bay Times, reports that Martin will make it to free agency and test the market. According to Stroud, Martin is "hoping to hit the jackpot" after a career year.

Martin was the NFL's second-leading rusher with 1,402 yards, behind only Adrian Peterson in 2015. He added six touchdown rushes and 271 receiving yards.

"We've had great discussions, and I think it's pretty mutual he'd like to be here and we'd like to have him," Buc GM Jason Licht said. "We'll have to see how it goes."

Per Stroud, the sides aren't close to reaching an agreement.

Around The NFL's Chris Wesseling suggested the franchise tag should be in order to keep Martin in Tampa. The Bucs, however, are likely to balk at a one-year tag of about $11.5 million -- even if they own plenty of cap space.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...e-jackpot-in-free-agency?campaign=Twitter_atn

Walter Football had a free agent rumor that we were interested in the Bears DL Jarvis Jenkins, but took it down and can't find it anywhere else. Never seen him play so not sure what kind of fit he would be.

there was a rumor a year ago I think it was about Jarvis Jenkins and Miami when he left Washington...they probably took it down cause that's where it was from...that and walters a hack

Okay hoops, here's cinci's FA list

Vincent Rey, Emmanual Lamur, Andre Smith, Eric Winston, Brandon Thompson, Mohemed Sanu, Marvin Jones, Wallace Gilberry, Pat Sims, Brandon Tate, Leon Hall, Pacman Jones, George Iloka, and Reggie Nelson

quite the list

Okay hoops, here's cinci's FA list

Vincent Rey, Emmanual Lamur, Andre Smith, Eric Winston, Brandon Thompson, Mohemed Sanu, Marvin Jones, Wallace Gilberry, Pat Sims, Brandon Tate, Leon Hall, Pacman Jones, George Iloka, and Reggie Nelson

quite the list

out of everything there im keeping reggie nelson as priority one...priority two would be marvin jones for me but there's talk he's priced himself out of cinci...cinci has 2 tackles they drafted waiting in the wings so I think they will let andre smith go and Winston who doesn't cost much

looking at that I'd tag nelson if need be

I think pac man jones days in cinci are over unless he is willing to come back very cheap...they have the former Michigan state top pick corner from a couple years ago waiting im sure they will pair him with dre Kirkpatrick if need be

illoka is a strong safety Miami should have no interest in that...Brandon tate is nothing outside of specials really...they wont make him a priority...can see them trying to keep sanu if the price is right...ive heard some bbuzz about Brandon Thompson coming on as a player but I haven't taken much of a look you don't part with young dts with solid talent especially if they are ones who look like they may be ready to take the leap

gilbery is a rotational player no big deal there...pat sims solid not special

I like Marvin Jones a lot, but I think I read that he wants to get paid. Can't blame him. I'd take him over Sanu every time.

Winston as that third tackle would be good, we have flirted with him forever, seems like him and Ireland could never get on the same page.

Better than Fox for damn sure.

Back
Top Bottom