PFF Free Agency Tracker | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF Free Agency Tracker

So now we "definitely" want Miller back, but yet to have had any talks with OV. This is not surprising, as OV is going to command the most for a DE this free agency; I do not believe we will franchise him, and am starting to believe we should start looking at another option. The option that is starting make sense for me is JPP; he is a 27 yr old PROVEN pass rusher who seems like he could be under the radar with his hand injury. I say so what with the hand injury, if we're talking about pure pass rush ability he is the best of them and only has 2 years on OV so it's not like we're losing out on youth at DE. His injury definitely affected him but I can see getting used to it and learning how to get by. Not sure what numbers he's looking to get but could you imagine a D-line of JPP, Knemdiche/Robinson/Billings, Suh, and Wake!? That has to be one of the scariest lines out there for sure, and by getting JPP on a cheaper deal we could invest in a Linebacker prospect like Travathan and still get a good corner at a reasonable deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rich Cimini of ESPN writes that the Jets plan to use the franchise tag on DE Muhammad Wilkerson, as the two sides are no closer to an agreement on a long-term extension.

Using the non-exclusive tag on Wilkerson would run the Jets close to $15.5 million for the 2016 season fully guaranteed.

As things stand right now, the Jets project to have close to $14 million or so in cap space, so Cimini mentions that they would need to create some additional room but releasing a player and/or restructuring a few contracts.

According to Cimini, league insiders believe it’s possible that the Jets could franchise Wilkerson and then field trade offers for him in the coming months. It’s worth mentioning that the Jets reportedly made Wilkerson available for trade last year, so this wouldn’t be a complete surprise.

Cimini mentions that the Raiders could be a potential trade partner for Wilkerson, considering that they have a ton of cap space and could use someone like him on their defensive line.

Even though a trade is an option, Cimini doesn’t view this as a good idea for New York.

Wilkerson, 26, is already among the best defensive linemen in the NFL and has clearly earned for a big raise after the contracts signed by marquee players in the past few years.
http://nfltraderumors.co/142527-2/

Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News does not expect the Cowboys to re-sign impending free agent CB Morris Claiborne.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Nick Wagoner of ESPN writes that Rams TE Jared Cook could be a potential cap causality as his production isn’t in line with his salary.
Beyond that, Wagoner mentions that Cook may not be a fit for what the team wants to do offensively. The Rams have been using him as more of an inline blocker, which doesn’t exactly fit with his skill set.

Lions release Joquie Bell, now if we can't come to agreement with Miller, Bell is definitely on my short list to bring in; health is a concern but hopefully he gets over some of his injuries

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately I see OV taking $$ elsewhere, same with Lamar. Slightly better shot at keeping OV, I think.

I'm personally on the bring Casey Hayward to Miami bandwagon. GB not interested in bringing him back.

Giants
Jordan Raanan of NJ.com gives DE Robert Ayers a 65 percent chance of returning to New York next year.
Raanan projects Ayers to receive a three-year contract worth $18 million with $9 million guaranteed.
On the open market, Raanan believes Ayers could find interest from the Buccaneers, Falcons and Dolphins.
http://nfltraderumors.co/142644-2/

Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News does not expect the Cowboys to re-sign impending free agent CB Morris Claiborne.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Nick Wagoner of ESPN writes that Rams TE Jared Cook could be a potential cap causality as his production isn’t in line with his salary.
Beyond that, Wagoner mentions that Cook may not be a fit for what the team wants to do offensively. The Rams have been using him as more of an inline blocker, which doesn’t exactly fit with his skill set.

FWIW, as a Cowboy fan as well, stay clear of Claiborne unless it's a prove it deal, and he isn't going to relied on being a starter.
Injury prone, man only coverage and was average to put it nicely.

claibornes allergic to tackling...he took his rookie contract and laid down

that's surprising cause he was a hell of a talent coming out of lsu

Kristian Dyer ‏@KristianRDyer 2m2 minutes ago
Source: #Giants unlikely to bring back Jason Pierre-Paul (at least at current salary): http://wp.me/p7aERV-1B39

That's an interesting situation. Giants have tons of money, and no pass rushers. If they let him walk, that's not Good sign for him.

FWIW, as a Cowboy fan as well, stay clear of Claiborne unless it's a prove it deal, and he isn't going to relied on being a starter.
Injury prone, man only coverage and was average to put it nicely.

I wouldn't even bother with a prove it deal. If you can't get motivated with a spotlight like what Dallas offers, than you really just don't care.

Kristian Dyer ‏@KristianRDyer 2m2 minutes ago
Source: #Giants unlikely to bring back Jason Pierre-Paul (at least at current salary): http://wp.me/p7aERV-1B39

His hand is really bad. Like much much worse than I thought. I don't think he will ever be the same player he was before that injury becasue he is for all intents and purpose one-handed.

And he's still a great pass rusher. I'd have to imagine he would change up his play style to compensate, like more club like moves to disengage from the Olineman.

Jermon Bushrod is the guy we should without a doubt tab as our swing-tackle. Played under Gase last year. Has LT/RT flexibility. Really just a solid backup at this point in his career. With shoulder surgery he'll be left on the market late. For a 1/2-2.5M deal he'd be perfect depth.

Jermon Bushrod is the guy we should without a doubt tab as our swing-tackle. Played under Gase last year. Has LT/RT flexibility. Really just a solid backup at this point in his career. With shoulder surgery he'll be left on the market late. For a 1/2-2.5M deal he'd be perfect depth.

Worth the gamble for the low cost. Sign him, get his surgery done, and hope he's ready to go. Get Osemele (or other guard, but he's my top choice) and Bushrod, and we can focus on everything other than OL for a bit. I'd still add some dudes in the draft but it makes it less of a need early

Back
Top Bottom